DST changes and weird software reports

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Pugsy

DST changes and weird software reports

Post by Pugsy » Tue Nov 08, 2022 7:59 pm

Ever since I started cpap therapy 13 years ago we have had DST changes...fall and spring.

It seems to easily cause screwed up software reports. It's because the machine doesn't have any way to know about the time change and your computer will try to fix things.

I have seen missing blank hours...I have seen where the machine seems to double flag stuff for the hour...Just weird stuff and I have learned to simply not worry about because there's not a damn thing we can do about it.

Remember the cpap machine doesn't know about DST...it can't know. It can't adjust for it either.

Best advice for weird looking reports for the night DST changes (spring or fall)...shrug your shoulders and move on.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Re: DST changes and weird software reports

Post by chunkyfrog » Wed Nov 09, 2022 11:28 am

My machine has been set at a compromise between ST and DST for a year or so.
I checked on Sunday, and it had drifted a few minutes--no problem, easy fix.
Only clock in the hose that's always a half hour off--oh, well . . .

latskogkatt

Post by latskogkatt » Wed Nov 09, 2022 11:57 am

I just discovered the machine doesn't want to go back an hour for fall... so I guess my reports will always be in PDT instead of PST. Oops? As long as I don't forget that detail, I figure all should be well... unless you're saying that OSCAR will try to correct the data from the SD card?

Dog Slobber

Post by Dog Slobber » Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:03 pm

latskogkatt wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 11:57 am
I just discovered the machine doesn't want to go back an hour for fall... so I guess my reports will always be in PDT instead of PST. Oops? As long as I don't forget that detail, I figure all should be well... unless you're saying that OSCAR will try to correct the data from the SD card?
Your machine will go back an hour just fine, so long as you know the rules of how to do it.
  1. You can't span a ResMed day. Meaning, you can't set it back an hour past noon. So if your machine's time was 12:30pm, you can't set it to 11:30am.
  2. You can't set it back into a time where a data session exists. Meaning, if get up and turn machine off at 10:00am. Then at 10:30am tried to set it yo 9:30am, you can't because session data already exist at this time.
Easiest way, wait a few hours after turning machine off and well past noon. Set it back an hour. Should work fine.

latskogkatt

Post by latskogkatt » Wed Nov 09, 2022 4:29 pm

Dog Slobber wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:03 pm
latskogkatt wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 11:57 am
Your machine will go back an hour just fine, so long as you know the rules of how to do it.
  1. You can't span a ResMed day. Meaning, you can't set it back an hour past noon. So if your machine's time was 12:30pm, you can't set it to 11:30am.
  2. You can't set it back into a time where a data session exists. Meaning, if get up and turn machine off at 10:00am. Then at 10:30am tried to set it yo 9:30am, you can't because session data already exist at this time.
Easiest way, wait a few hours after turning machine off and well past noon. Set it back an hour. Should work fine.
Ah! Thank you! I had assumed it was simply either "it can be done" or "it can't be done."