Philips Attempting to Avoid Replacement of Recalled Older System One CPAPs

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
jtravel

Re: Philips Attempting to Avoid Replacement of Recalled Older System One CPAPs

Post by jtravel » Thu Oct 13, 2022 5:23 am

D.H. wrote:
Wed Oct 12, 2022 7:18 pm
However, in light of the way this company has behaved, I don't want my next machine to be a Philips. They will be able to remain in business now due to the CPAP shortage, but I can't see that this business can be viable long term.
Agree, I wouldn't buy another Philips machine.
Foam issue aside I definitely prefer my Resmed Airsense Autoset 10 over philips but I have only used the System one from Philips in the past so can't compare how the Dreamstation models compare.
This Whole Foam Gate situation is going to be a huge Cost for Philips in many ways.
I was surprised when they didn't blame it on the Use of Ozone and leave it at that. My lingering questions are Did their internal data show a really serious issue with the foam in general that they needed to get out ahead of? Did someone in a position of power at Philip's have an actual conscious and try to do the right thing? Did someone at philips overreact to the issue and opened a huge can of worms unnecessarily?

Holocron

Post by Holocron » Sat Oct 15, 2022 9:28 am

Lane101 wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:50 am
Just received an email from Philips today regarding my System One CPAP
Hey, at least you got an email about it. I discovered it by randomly checking status online last night.

Additional Comments: Phillips SystemOne w/ Humidifier for daily use. (Not listed above) Airmini for travel.
Daily Driver (normally sans recall): Phillips SystemOne w/ Humidifier / DreamWear Nasal Cushion
Travel Unit (now currently daily driver during recall): ResMed Airmini / AirFit P10

shorty2

Post by shorty2 » Mon Oct 17, 2022 4:43 am

Phillips have replaced my system 60 machine with a new Dreamstation 1 Auto, they included a humidifier, heated hose, a plain hose, filters and a mains power adapter in a carry case, basically the same setup as if you purchased a new DS1. The DS1 was setup as per my old machine settings as I had sent in the SD card from the system 60.
Here in Australia we were requested to take the old machine only to the post office where they packed it and posted it off to Phillips under a prearranged return system.

Holocron

Post by Holocron » Wed Oct 19, 2022 7:21 am

shorty2 wrote:
Mon Oct 17, 2022 4:43 am
Phillips have replaced my system 60 machine with a new Dreamstation 1 Auto, they included a humidifier, heated hose, a plain hose, filters and a mains power adapter in a carry case, basically the same setup as if you purchased a new DS1. The DS1 was setup as per my old machine settings as I had sent in the SD card from the system 60.
Here in Australia we were requested to take the old machine only to the post office where they packed it and posted it off to Phillips under a prearranged return system.
Very nice. I'm attempting to jump through the hoops to get my SystemOne replaced...though trying to deal with new insurance (since my last prescription for CPAP) and trying to find a new provider (recently moved to new state) is proving to be a PITA. I might finally go and buy it all on my own. :-)

Additional Comments: Phillips SystemOne w/ Humidifier for daily use. (Not listed above) Airmini for travel.
Daily Driver (normally sans recall): Phillips SystemOne w/ Humidifier / DreamWear Nasal Cushion
Travel Unit (now currently daily driver during recall): ResMed Airmini / AirFit P10

jonquiljo

Post by jonquiljo » Sun Oct 23, 2022 3:24 pm

I have had it with Phillips. I wouldn’t buy anything from any Phillips company after this.

I had 3 - System 1 auto 60’s and two - DS-1’s (never used). I registered the 2 DS-1’s for “remediation and Philips would only accept one. What can I say - I like back up machines!

But frankly I have never been treated like such trash with a purchase problem than I have by Phillips.

The “foam-gate” problem was known by these clowns for years (~5) before they did a recall. My guess is that their lawyers pushed them into it as the problem was serious — unlike the “well, this is really an abundance of caution.”

I have used one of the DS-1’s sine the recall. Doesn’t scare me because I already have chronic leukemia. I wonder if the leukemia came from using toxic machines all these years. No one will ever know.

Doesn’t Phillips realize they have trashed the brand so badly that it will never recover? Their sleazy customer service just adds insult to it all. Since I paid out-of-pocket (cash) for all my machines - then it is annoying to me. I bet that PR assumed that since the bulk of machines were through DME’s and insurers, that they don’t care how many people they anger.

I guess its time for a Resmed.