CPAP and Wellue data splits at different times across days

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
JohnPengelley

CPAP and Wellue data splits at different times across days

Post by JohnPengelley » Sun Sep 04, 2022 6:00 am

I'm new here and appreciate that there are people willing to help.
In June I replaced my 20 year old Autoset T with a Resmed Autosense 10 and love Oscar and the information it presents and the ease of use.
My sleep Apnea is generally mild, but I've been having some intermittent but significant episodes of CSR which is a little worrying.
I also have a problem with very erratic heart rate (Arrythmia / VF)
I've been using an old Android phone with a home made chest strap and Torena and I've just purchased the Wellue/Viatom O2 ring so I can correlate the data to better understand what matters and what doesn't.

My specific question relates to how Oscar splits the data between days.
I'm sleeping a fair deal at present and often go to bed late (like 3am) and then sleep till after midday and sleeping across midday would seem to be the cause of the problem.
I read the guidelines and haven't posted graphics (but I can) and I hope my words will be clear enough.
Last night, I went to bed at 04:15, but I put the ring on at 02:30 so I could see how things changed, going from awake to asleep. I then woke and got up at 14:35 and again wore the ring longer (till 15:10).
Oscar reported a patch of CSR from 12:05 till 12:20 (Some previous 'episodes' have been over 70 minutes)
The problem is not that this sleep is shown in two parts on two separate days, but that before midday (Day 1), the CPAP data stops at 11:59, but the Wellue data continues till 12:35
After Midday (Day 2) the CPAP data is from 12:00, the CSR is 12:05 to 12:20 but the Wellue data doesn't start till 12:35.
The problem is that the Wellue data and the CSR (both for the same 'sleep') are on different days making it hard to compare.
I always import the CPAP first and the 'time' is correctly set on the Ring.

The obvious solution (and I will try this) is to stop sleeping past midday and perhaps stop wearing the ring when I'm not sleeping (or at least take it off briefly to reset the "session" recording.
I was however hoping, that there may be a setting to force all traces to reset at Midday and restart on the next day, rather than each data set splitting at what seems to be some arbitrary time.
I read in preferences, that Resmed doesn't support Oscars "Advanced Splitting" and will always split at midday.
Is there anyway to force the Somnopose / Wellue data to split at the same point? (I didn't find it in preferences)
Sorry my post was a bit long and I hope the problem I have was clear. What did I miss, or is it now up to me to alter my sleeping to suit my monitoring??
Any guidance will be gratefully received.

Kindest Regards

John Pengelley

Dog Slobber

Re: CPAP and Wellue data splits at different times across days

Post by Dog Slobber » Sun Sep 04, 2022 7:31 am

It's not OSCAR that splits the data at noon, it's the ResMed.

This has been an issue since SleepyHead. The OSCAR team have discussed this and there isn't an easy fix with the existing code.

Offset the time on your ResMed and Wellue by 12 hours.

GumbyCT

Re: CPAP and Wellue data splits at different times across days

Post by GumbyCT » Sun Sep 04, 2022 9:06 am

JohnPengelley wrote:
Sun Sep 04, 2022 6:00 am
The problem is that the Wellue data and the CSR (both for the same 'sleep') are on different days making it hard to compare.
I always import the CPAP first and the 'time' is correctly set on the Ring.
John while your post is well written it is not clear to me if you are importing the Wellue data into Oscar?

I dl my Wellue data first using O2 Insight Pro then open Oscar and load my sleep data into Oscar then import the Wellue data into Oscar.
afaik - it appears to be lined up correctly. But I don't sleep past noon either.

Pretty sure I read somewhere to load the sleep data in Oscar first then import the Wellue data. It just seems easier, I don't have to go back n forth between apps.

I have no doubt, how I sleep affects every waking moment.
I am making progress-NOW I remember that I can't remember
;)
If this isn’t rocket science why are there so many spaceshots?
Be your own healthcare advocate!