My BiPap is maxed out on pressure and AHI over 5... What's next?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Re: My BiPap is maxed out on pressure and AHI over 5... What's next?

Post by chunkyfrog » Sun Jul 10, 2022 11:10 am

Respirator99 wrote:
Sat Jul 09, 2022 7:06 pm
If Oscar is a problem for you, use SleepHQ which can be accessed from any device with a browser, including phones and tablets. Upload your data there then post a link here. It's easier than Oscar but not as comprehensive.

Either way I agree with Pugsy that we need to see detailed data to be able to help you. Otherwise we're only guessing.

Https://SleepHQ.com
Just bringing this helpful comment up again,
because the only way we can help is with more information.
Respirator99 was kind enough to include a link.

Architect

Post by Architect » Sun Jul 10, 2022 4:09 pm

Although not maxed out yet, but I thought the same as op, believe what op wanted to know if alternative to Bipap max pressure. Higher pressure pap machine ?

if not then sleep data used can determine why pressure maxed out = increased AHI

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sun Jul 10, 2022 4:22 pm

Architect wrote:
Sun Jul 10, 2022 4:09 pm
I thought the same as op, believe what op wanted to know if alternative to Bipap max pressure. Higher pressure pap machine ?
Not really any good alternative. While there are a couple of machines that can go to 30 cm they are for different problems and don't auto adjust and really act more like ventilators. Not the best of options for sure.
Architect wrote:
if not then sleep data used can determine why pressure maxed out = increased AHI
You talking about another sleep study with the machine????

How about maybe using data now and consider options (like maybe a cervical collar) after we make sure just how long the machine is being maxed out. The numbers reported on the LCD screen are 95% numbers and you have to remember the definition of 95% anything....and that is at OR BELOW that number for 95% of the night. It is NOT where the person spends 95% of the night. For all we know he might only spend 30 minutes of the night at the max.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Architect

Post by Architect » Sun Jul 10, 2022 4:36 pm

Huh ? You lost me Pugsy :? My pap therapy is fine :D , was wondering cause of op question.

If no alternatives, then sleep data would assist in pressure/AHI. Thought available machines with higher pressures, but guess not. Lil miscommunication.

Dog Slobber

Post by Dog Slobber » Sun Jul 10, 2022 4:58 pm

Architect wrote:
Although not maxed out yet, but I thought the same as op, believe what op wanted to know if alternative to Bipap max pressure. Higher pressure pap machine ?

This is what the OP said:
CoThG wrote:
Sat Jul 09, 2022 11:03 am
My sleep report in the mornings show that the max pressure is 25 with AHIs over 5.
CoThG wrote:
Sat Jul 09, 2022 9:10 am
the Ipap pressure is now maxed out on 25cm with my AHI over 5. Anyone know that the typical treatment is for someone that is maxed out on BiPap and still having an AHI over 5?
The sleep report does not show the max pressure it shows the 95% pressure which has nothing to do with the max pressure. It also has a settable time frame, which we have know idea what his is set to, the default is 30 days.

Then when he the ipap pressure is now maxed out at 25cm, does that mean:
  • his ipap is set to the maximum 25
  • his ipap is spending all or most of the night at 25
  • his ipap is occasionally reaching 25
All this would be instantly known with one simple look at a daily graph, including other essential information. When it was explained to him the information was not enough. He was completely uncooperative. Stating, "He doesn't have OSCAR", and then just talking past Pugsy.

Not, asking what OSCAR is, or how he can get it, or he doesn't have a computer, or anything that may suggest why he doesn't have OSCAR.

But let's all just keep begging him to get OSCAR and post some graphs. So far only 7 or 8 people have now confirmed he needs to provide graphs.

Maybe we should set up a petition at change.org, if we can get 1000 people, he'll allow us to help him.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sun Jul 10, 2022 5:27 pm

Architect wrote:
Sun Jul 10, 2022 4:36 pm
Huh ? You lost me Pugsy :? My pap therapy is fine :D , was wondering cause of op question.

If no alternatives, then sleep data would assist in pressure/AHI. Thought available machines with higher pressures, but guess not. Lil miscommunication.
I know your sleep therapy is fine.

I just answered the questions you asked. Guess I didn't do a good job.

No one gets a machine that can go to 30 cm without having specific proven needs and pressure requirements aren't the ONLY proven specific needs that someone must meet. There are a handful of machines that can go to 30 cm but usually reserved for other respiratory problems other than plain OSA.

We tried to help the OP sort out proven need and he couldn't/wouldn't share that information so we could make an informed suggestion as to choices.

So I guess the OP needs to get with his doctor and do whatever it is that the doctor wants to do.
I am not about to tell someone that they need a so and so machine with what little limited information he shared.
I won't even tell him what machines will go to 30 cm because I don't want him to go buying one and causing even more problems because he won't have a clue what he is doing and maybe wake up dead. I just won't do it.

He needs a sleep study done in a lab with a tech in attendance to figure out exactly what pressures are needed and maybe they will also figure out why at the same time.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

zonker

Post by zonker » Sun Jul 10, 2022 5:50 pm

Dog Slobber wrote:
Sun Jul 10, 2022 4:58 pm

But let's all just keep begging him to get OSCAR and post some graphs. So far only 7 or 8 people have now confirmed he needs to provide graphs.

Maybe we should set up a petition at change.org, if we can get 1000 people, he'll allow us to help him.
at the risk of pissing off the moderator, i don't think it much matters WHAT we say. op logged off yesterday and hasn't been back.
people say i'm self absorbed.
but that's enough about them.
Oscar-Win
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1-Win64.exe
Oscar-Mac
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1.dmg

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sun Jul 10, 2022 6:57 pm

zonker wrote:
Sun Jul 10, 2022 5:50 pm
at the risk of pissing off the moderator, i don't think it much matters WHAT we say. op logged off yesterday and hasn't been back.
Oh, I am pretty sure the moderator totally agrees with you and she already decided this was a lost cause thread.

When I ask 3 or 4 pretty simple questions and get maybe one half assed answer that is a bit testy....I pretty much can see the writing on the wall. That's when the moderator decides not to waste any more time until she gets answers to her questions...and she's not holding her breath waiting on them.

Architect

Post by Architect » Sun Jul 10, 2022 9:34 pm

Gotcha Pugsy, your absolutely marvelous, really grateful for you.