Is my Ramp Time causing my wakeups?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Dog Slobber

Re: Is my Ramp Time causing my wakeups?

Post by Dog Slobber » Mon Jul 04, 2022 6:28 am

I'd keep it as it is for a bit and see how it goes.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Mon Jul 04, 2022 6:41 am

jlsmithseven wrote:
Mon Jul 04, 2022 4:35 am
can I be testing other things?
Sure, you CAN always do a lot of things but
jlsmithseven wrote:
Mon Jul 04, 2022 4:35 am
Should I stick with this for a while now
There's an old saying you might have heard "if it ain't broke..don't....."

Always, always give yourself some time with any change to see if the change results in a trend or pattern because we don't sleep the same each night and we never know if the one night's results was a fluke night or not. There are good flukes and bad flukes.

Now later once you figure out if this recent change is well established trending....then if you wish to experiment there is nothing wrong with it as long as you have clear goals in mind and approach any experiment with a suitable mindset.
Don't go changing things willy nilly without understanding what you are doing and why you are doing it and what results do you expect or not expect.

I have experimented a LOT in my 13 plus years on cpap both with machine settings and masks just because I have a curious mind and like to experiment. Always with a clear mind as to what I was doing and why I was doing it.

So yes you "CAN" experiment but I wouldn't be in any rush just yet. Give yourself plenty of time to make sure these settings continue with good results first so you have a for sure baseline to compare to.
You have lots of time ahead of you for experiments and sleep is sometimes very precious and without good solid sleep....none of this stuff matters.

Just because we can do something doesn't always mean we should do something.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Architect

Post by Architect » Wed Jul 06, 2022 10:34 pm

Now, you have me wondering, if congestion is causing my wake ups. I can breathe through my nose just fine during daytime hrs. But doctors always look up my nose, state I'm congested. Well, I see ENT in 3 weeks, will know for sure.

As for ramp time, I turned mine off. From what I remember, felt like I was suffocating.

jlsmithseven

Post by jlsmithseven » Fri Jul 08, 2022 3:14 am

Architect wrote:
Wed Jul 06, 2022 10:34 pm
Now, you have me wondering, if congestion is causing my wake ups. I can breathe through my nose just fine during daytime hrs. But doctors always look up my nose, state I'm congested. Well, I see ENT in 3 weeks, will know for sure.

As for ramp time, I turned mine off. From what I remember, felt like I was suffocating.
What do you have your starting pressure at? Mine was at 4. I thought having it higher than 4 was too much because the pressure made me feel like I couldn't breathe. BUT, I think that was with the full face masks.

I recently went to the ENT and they suggested surgery right off the bat. I still get stuffy, but I believe that's due to my indoor allergies and I think the high humidity keeps it in the air.

I changed my starting pressure to 7 with a ramp up to 8 and for the past week ,it has been pretty great. Not perfect, but it is SO much better than all the things I've been trying before. A few people suggested doing this a while back but I could never handle it well. I did try to progress getting that starting pressure up in increments and I think that definitely helped me get used to the larger starting pressure because it feels like I can breathe so much better with it at 7 now. I've worn my 02 ring sensor a few nights and it has never dipped below 92% which is great considering I dipped into the low 80's before. I don't even want to mess with any other settings because of how good my sleep has been lately. Maybe in the future, but it's been so long since I got sleep like this I don't need to change anything.

This is last nights sleep chart. Not sure how the leaks got there as I've been using the Bleeps which never did that, but still only woke up once and it was a great night sleep.

https://ibb.co/zVMxMpP

Architect

Post by Architect » Sun Jul 10, 2022 4:30 pm

What do you have your starting pressure at? Mine was at 4. I thought having it higher than 4 was too much because the pressure made me feel like I couldn't breathe. BUT, I think that was with the full face masks.
Hi friend, pap therapy takes time getting used to, making adjustments over time. I've gone through many pressure changes, mask changes, till one night everything was perfect, progress over the years, with very minimum change. Eventually you'll find that sweet spot.
I recently went to the ENT and they suggested surgery right off the bat. I still get stuffy, but I believe that's due to my indoor allergies and I think the high humidity keeps it in the air.
I don't have allergies, non allergic rhinitis, which is driving me nuts, not know the cause of sneezing/infections. 4 sinus ct scans later, finally have an appt with ENT this month. Wish you well, if you decide on surgery. I had sinus surgery back in 97, kept my nasal passages functioning well over the years, till 3 years ago. What works best for me is saline rinse and saline nasal spray, I use saline spray alot through out the day.

Your on the right track, wonderful experienced members on forum, whom helped me tremendously over the years, never hesitate to ask, know exactly how you feel friend, wish you continued success with pap therapy :D