Resmed Airsense 11 Humidifier not working

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
zonker

Re: Resmed Airsense 11 Humidifier not working

Post by zonker » Sun Sep 05, 2021 10:43 am

palerider wrote:
Sat Sep 04, 2021 10:29 pm
zonker wrote:
Sat Sep 04, 2021 5:20 pm
why, that's NOTHING. here in sedro-woolley washington, the average is 86%!!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

might explain why my humidity is set to 1.

hey, i gotta have just a touch of the stuff.
Must be nice, if you're thirsty, just wave a towel around and squeeze out a glass of water! :lol: :lol: :lol:
i just may have to. i'm an old guy, though, so my sense of being thirsty is waning.

but i have to do something. despite potassium and magnesium supplements, i'm getting leg cramps.

ah the joys of getting older.
:roll:
people say i'm self absorbed.
but that's enough about them.
Oscar-Win
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1-Win64.exe
Oscar-Mac
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1.dmg

lindalam89

Post by lindalam89 » Thu Sep 09, 2021 6:04 pm

zonker wrote:
Sat Sep 04, 2021 5:20 pm
palerider wrote:
Sat Sep 04, 2021 2:30 pm
lindalam89 wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:58 pm
Pugsy wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:20 pm
It has nothing to do with heated hose or not and everything to do with the ambient humidity.
There is a sensor in the machine that measures the ambient humidity and if it is high enough the machine says to itself
"humidity is already high and I don't need to add more moisture"....so it doesn't use up any water.
I live in SF where it is cold and only mildly [sic] humid.
Google wrote: What is normal humidity in SF?
75 percent
San Francisco's air is typically damp and sticky with an average humidity of 75 percent as moisture sweeps in from the Pacific Ocean.
There's your answer.
why, that's NOTHING. here in sedro-woolley washington, the average is 86%!!

might explain why my humidity is set to 1.

hey, i gotta have just a touch of the stuff.
How were you able to get the humidifier to work? I'm on 8 and its not working as well as my old Philips Remstar. 8 is the highest setting and I still feel dry. And your right, I dont feel SF is anywhere near as humid as other places like Hawaii for an example
ResMed AirSense 11
AutoSet For HerModel
PAP Mode: Auto for Her
Min 7.2 Max 12.6 (cmH2O)
humidifier: 8
Amara view face mask
99% mask fit

zonker

Post by zonker » Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:14 pm

lindalam89 wrote:
Thu Sep 09, 2021 6:04 pm

How were you able to get the humidifier to work? I'm on 8 and its not working as well as my old Philips Remstar. 8 is the highest setting and I still feel dry. And your right, I dont feel SF is anywhere near as humid as other places like Hawaii for an example
climate control = manual

tube temp = 60 f

humidity level = 1

takes a few days, like five or six, before the tank needs refilling.

oh and current indoor humidity is 58% and current indoor temp is 68. that temp will likely reduce to 64 tonight as i love sleeping cool and with the windows open, that's where it will go.

i have no idea how this will help you, but good luck!
Oscar-Win
Oscar-Mac

janecraft

Post by janecraft » Thu Jun 16, 2022 6:56 am

Following this because I picked up the Airsense 11 a few weeks ago. Everything seems fine but I can't get my humidity right. I've had horrible dry mouth so I kept moving the settings up. At 4 (!) I still had dry mouth but at 5, I was getting rained on.
I'll have to pick up that gadget mentioned above to measure the humidity. I do live in a humid area (North Myrtle Beach, SC) so I guess I have to play with it to find my magic number.

Dog Slobber

Post by Dog Slobber » Thu Jun 16, 2022 7:02 am

janecraft wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 6:56 am
Following this because I picked up the Airsense 11 a few weeks ago. Everything seems fine but I can't get my humidity right. I've had horrible dry mouth so I kept moving the settings up. At 4 (!) I still had dry mouth but at 5, I was getting rained on.
I'll have to pick up that gadget mentioned above to measure the humidity. I do live in a humid area (North Myrtle Beach, SC) so I guess I have to play with it to find my magic number.
If you have a heated tube turn the temperature up. If you don't have a heated hose get one.

You're better off starting your own topic instead of jumping into someone else's.

therd3

Post by therd3 » Tue Aug 02, 2022 10:41 pm

lindalam89 wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 2:15 pm
Hi I got the airsense 11 and the humidifier is not working. I wake up to a full tank and a dry throat. I have had the same problem with their airsense 10 model.

Can someone help me out here? It is on the highest setting. I am assuming the same problem as the airsense 10 model.

Also the Myair app doesnt seem to be uploading my data. It's been several hours and my last/first night is not being shown.

It also appears to not have a SD card, so I am guessing I cant use sleepyhead? It would be really useful if I could upload my data to sleephead. Any ideas how?

edit: Does the climateair tubing for resmed, work on the airsense 11?
I just got the same model and its not heating at all. I talked to the respatory therapist and she said they were having problems with it so turned off usage to it. She stated the rep told her this. I tried the different settings from 1 to 8 and nothing. An I touched the heater and it was cold Sending it back I want moisture!

dxmoor3

Post by dxmoor3 » Tue Nov 08, 2022 11:47 am

I just bought a new AirSense 11. At first use the humidifier failed to function, showing the same error. The warm up function worked at least once. The water level went down half way to the lower index mark. But at some time during each night (3 so far), the humidifier shuts off with the same error.
I'm in Arizona using cool November air for sleep. Temperature is 50-55 F, humidity 25%-35%. Any help appreciated.

Jlfinkels

Post by Jlfinkels » Tue Nov 08, 2022 12:01 pm

zonker wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 10:42 am
yup. got one. which makes me question google. says it's 70 inside right now. have no idea what it is outside.
Walk outside with it mate…
Sometimes it is the very people who no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one imagines

zonker

Post by zonker » Tue Nov 08, 2022 12:19 pm

Jlfinkels wrote:
Tue Nov 08, 2022 12:01 pm
zonker wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 10:42 am
yup. got one. which makes me question google. says it's 70 inside right now. have no idea what it is outside.
Walk outside with it mate…
you don't understand. i'd rather moan about it than DO anything!
Oscar-Win
Oscar-Mac

lynninnj

Post by lynninnj » Tue Nov 08, 2022 2:56 pm

zombie thread

To the poster with questions: start a new one of your own.

Beware the schoolyard bullies, mean girls, and fragile male egos. Move along if you can’t be kind.