ResMed AirSense 11 Received Today!!!

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
mummmz

ResMed AirSense 11 Received Today!!!

Post by mummmz » Thu Jun 09, 2022 1:36 pm

I need to go get a lottery ticket because today is my LUCKY DAY. Yesterday I finally got the doctor's office to send the Rx for a new ResMed CPAP knowing there is 1-2 month waiting list for them with this provider. Well, this morning I got a call from the provider telling me she just got a couple of machines in and is prioritizing mine. She knows I'm having breathing issues and had to go on oxygen and also that I'm having to use the recalled Phillips CPAP that is over 6 years old. I'm getting tested for asthma next week which is one of the issues causing the recall.

I think I'm going to like the AirSense 11. It's about half the size of my old one and very light. It is completely silent. The "for her" setup on the AirSense 10 is built into the 11. It asks for gender in the setup. The setup and mask fit walk through with the app was so simple to use although I had already done most of the connections. I just didn't want to miss doing anything. The ResMed AirFit F30 is very similar to the Amara View I was using. The nose area has a bit more of a cradle for my nose to fit in which I think will prevent leaks better.

The provider said she would be able to monitor me but I told her I have poor cell reception in my area of town. I had asked which carrier they used and was told AT&T. When I looked at the "about" section of the screen it is actually T-Mobile, which uses AT&T towers. It shows I only have 1 bar. It doesn't look like I can change that setting as a user (I haven't gone into the clinician settings yet, maybe someone can reply with how to do that). The modem uses G4 technology so no worries about losing connection with the older G3. I do have an SD card installed and it has bluetooth capability. Although I have the heated humidifer turned off the tank is still installed. It only sticks out about an inch though. I might put water in it without using the heat now that I am on oxygen too.

Dog Slobber

Re: ResMed AirSense 11 Received Today!!!

Post by Dog Slobber » Thu Jun 09, 2022 3:16 pm

mummmz wrote:
Thu Jun 09, 2022 1:36 pm
I had asked which carrier they used and was told AT&T. When I looked at the "about" section of the screen it is actually T-Mobile, which uses AT&T towers. It shows I only have 1 bar. It doesn't look like I can change that setting as a user (I haven't gone into the clinician settings yet, maybe someone can reply with how to do that). The modem uses G4 technology so no worries about losing connection with the older G3.
The cellular provider is not user or DME settable. It can't be changed.

1 bar is fine for the occasional session transfer.

mummmz

Post by mummmz » Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:24 am

So my AHI was .11 last night, the lowest its ever been. When I uploaded my data to OSCAR there was a message that OSCAR doesn't have enough data about the 11 yet but it should work. I can't remember exactly what it said but I think that was the gist of it.

Dog Slobber

Post by Dog Slobber » Fri Jun 10, 2022 2:59 pm

mummmz wrote:
Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:24 am
So my AHI was .11 last night, the lowest its ever been. When I uploaded my data to OSCAR there was a message that OSCAR doesn't have enough data about the 11 yet but it should work. I can't remember exactly what it said but I think that was the gist of it.
It Sounds like that message *could* be, "Your ResMed CPAP machine (Model xxxxxx) has not been tested yet. ....."

OSCAR keeps a list of models (by model number) that have been explicitly tested. If it passes it's model number is added and data is imported without this message. If the model number is not listed, but the data is similar to existing supported models, than the data is imported, but this message is generated.

OSCAR's (v1.3.1) Air 11 support is stable, but there are a lot of unknown model numbers. Many have been added for v1.4, which is in the release candidate and will be released immediately.

mummmz

Post by mummmz » Fri Jun 10, 2022 3:11 pm

Yes, I think that was the message. I'm running OSCAR 1.3.1 which is the latest available version. I'll watch for an update. Thanks

mummmz

Post by mummmz » Fri Jun 10, 2022 3:35 pm

I'm comparing the settings and results with the ResMed to the Phillips and notice some differences in average pressure and some other pressure stats. The mode is APAP vs AutoCPAP. Are these real differences or just the way they are reported by the 2 companies?

I had the provider set my new machine with ramp off but when I showed her my OSCAR report she noticed the old one had the ramp on. So when I went to bed I turned on ramp for 5 minutes. It was noticeably different than the ramp on the Phillips machine. It started really low, I almost had to take the mask off to get air. Is there a setting I should change to have it start higher but still have some ramp up? I see the min pressure is 4.16 although my setting is min 8.4. I guess that's the ramp up. If that can't be corrected I will probably just turn ramp back off.

zonker

Post by zonker » Fri Jun 10, 2022 7:08 pm

mummmz wrote:
Fri Jun 10, 2022 3:35 pm
Are these real differences or just the way they are reported by the 2 companies?

honestly? it's a bit of both. i used a resperonics before the recall. and i had used resmed before the recall. it's one of the first things i noticed. the events making up ahi were different. and pressure itself was different.

the experts can explain and i'll read what they have to say. but for me, i just accepted it and moved on. i found it annoying, though. my thinking was that whether you drive a chevy or a ford, the speedometer should be showing the exact same mph. i mean, if it didn't, cops would have a much tougher job!

nowadays, i'm concentrating on my sleep quality and not so much on the numbers. it's made me a much happier man.
people say i'm self absorbed.
but that's enough about them.
Oscar-Win
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1-Win64.exe
Oscar-Mac
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1.dmg

Miss Emerita

Post by Miss Emerita » Fri Jun 10, 2022 8:16 pm

You can raise your ramp minimum, and you can also just turn the ramp off. I’d recommend a ramp minimum of at least 7 so you can get the full benefit of you EPR of 3. (The machine can’t go lower than 4.)
Oscar software is available at https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR/

mummmz

Post by mummmz » Fri Jun 10, 2022 8:56 pm

zonker wrote:
Fri Jun 10, 2022 7:08 pm
mummmz wrote:
Fri Jun 10, 2022 3:35 pm
Are these real differences or just the way they are reported by the 2 companies?

my thinking was that whether you drive a chevy or a ford, the speedometer should be showing the exact same mph. i mean, if it didn't, cops would have a much tougher job!
I'm just trying to understand the report better actually. If you've ever put different size tires on your car you'll notice the speedometer is off. Hopefully not enough to get you pulled over though.

mummmz

Post by mummmz » Fri Jun 10, 2022 8:57 pm

Miss Emerita wrote:
Fri Jun 10, 2022 8:16 pm
You can raise your ramp minimum, and you can also just turn the ramp off. I’d recommend a ramp minimum of at least 7 so you can get the full benefit of you EPR of 3. (The machine can’t go lower than 4.)
I don't know how to change the ramp min yet. I suppose I could let the DME do their job and change it though.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:01 pm

https://media.resmed.com/sites/3/202106 ... ER-ENG.pdf

Link for the clinical manual. Should explain how to go into the setup area and turn ramp off or change the starting point of ramp if you wish to use it.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

mummmz

Post by mummmz » Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:06 pm

Pugsy wrote:
Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:01 pm
https://media.resmed.com/sites/3/202106 ... ER-ENG.pdf

Link for the clinical manual. Should explain how to go into the setup area and turn ramp off or change the starting point of ramp if you wish to use it.
Thanks, I watched a short youtube for now but I do need to take the time to read more.

mummmz

Post by mummmz » Wed Jun 15, 2022 5:44 pm

Methacholine Challenge test for asthma shows I do have asthma. Next appt will talk about Asthma action plan at next appt. Meanwhile continue oxygen with cpap. I've been trying out the auto start & stop, ramp, etc on my cpap.

mummmz

Post by mummmz » Tue Jul 05, 2022 7:15 am

I finally have my doctor's appt to discuss the newly diagnosed asthma. I wake up with a smothering feeling a few times a week usually around 3am. I noticed I have RERAs before finally waking up and pulling the mask off. Then I have to get out of bed so I am upright and try to take deep breaths. Are RERAs normally associated with asthma? In the definition it says its related to snoring and maybe I am but the smothering feeling is awful. Once it ends I still struggle to get back to sleep and have to pull my mask off and get out of bed several times again some nights. None of this seems to affect my AHI. It was 0.81 the other night when this happened. I think the doctor will look at that AHI and think I have a restful night. Any suggestions for how I can make the doctor understand I can't continue this pattern?
20220630 RERAs.jpg

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Tue Jul 05, 2022 7:26 am

mummmz wrote:
Tue Jul 05, 2022 7:15 am
Any suggestions for how I can make the doctor understand I can't continue this pattern?
Harp, harp, harp on the poor sleep itself and what may or may not lead up to it.
Lack of quality sleep is of critical importance no matter what the cause.

Now figuring out the cause of the poor sleep isn't going to be easy. It may or may not be related to the OSA issues.

As for are RERAs related to asthma...I have no idea...sorry.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.