Want schematic for Resmed Airmini

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
dsjustice

Want schematic for Resmed Airmini

Post by dsjustice » Sun Mar 13, 2022 8:38 pm

I have an out-of-warranty Airmini that has stopped working -- it's issuing a long-short blink code on the green power LED, and it appears to be rebooting itself. Additionally, there's a spot on the case that gets warm to the touch after a couple of minutes. I'd guess it's a blown reg, but nothing on the PCB is obviously damaged.

Resmed tech support is just telling me to get my provider to send it away and pay the $300 to have it serviced. But I'm poor, and I'm an experienced electronics tech. Given the 99% chance this is a blown 25-cent component, I'd like to at least spend a couple hours trying to diagnose the fault. Can anyone tell if it's possible to get the schematic?

If that's impossible, can anyone tell me if it's possible to just buy a new board?

zonker

Re: Want schematic for Resmed Airmini

Post by zonker » Mon Mar 14, 2022 6:43 pm

dsjustice wrote:
Sun Mar 13, 2022 8:38 pm
I have an out-of-warranty Airmini that has stopped working -- it's issuing a long-short blink code on the green power LED, and it appears to be rebooting itself. Additionally, there's a spot on the case that gets warm to the touch after a couple of minutes. I'd guess it's a blown reg, but nothing on the PCB is obviously damaged.

Resmed tech support is just telling me to get my provider to send it away and pay the $300 to have it serviced. But I'm poor, and I'm an experienced electronics tech. Given the 99% chance this is a blown 25-cent component, I'd like to at least spend a couple hours trying to diagnose the fault. Can anyone tell if it's possible to get the schematic?

If that's impossible, can anyone tell me if it's possible to just buy a new board?
don't know if they will provide a schematic, but you might want to contact this outfit-
https://acbio.com/cpap-repair/
people say i'm self absorbed.
but that's enough about them.
Oscar-Win
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1-Win64.exe
Oscar-Mac
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1.dmg

chunkyfrog

Post by chunkyfrog » Tue Mar 15, 2022 8:11 am

Bump.
Maybe another fixit guy can help.
Or you can check out the Airsense 10 manual--not an exact match,
but close enough?

Jlfinkels

Post by Jlfinkels » Tue Mar 15, 2022 8:22 am

Pretty sure schematics are considered intellectual property if they have not been placed into the public domain. You would need to contact Resmed directly to discuss getting access to them.
Sometimes it is the very people who no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one imagines

billbolton

Post by billbolton » Tue Mar 15, 2022 6:39 pm

dsjustice wrote:
Sun Mar 13, 2022 8:38 pm
Can anyone tell if it's possible to get the schematic?

Both are not possible unless you are authorised to undertake the repair of therapeutic goods by the relevant medical regulatory authority and approved by the supplier (Resmed in this case)...... xPAPs are not consumer electronic devices. :idea:

chunkyfrog

Post by chunkyfrog » Tue Mar 15, 2022 6:46 pm

In most states, we don't even have the "right to repair"---
So, if you hack successfully, be so kind as to share what works.
Our Constitution is still in effect--until further notice.
Thank you.