Dreamwear Full Face Mask vs Amara View

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
golfgame

Dreamwear Full Face Mask vs Amara View

Post by golfgame » Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:23 am

I have tried the Amara View and always get leaks that wake me up. I am now researching a better mousetrap. I am looking for reviews or recommendations on the Dreamwear full face mask as it is reported to seal better.

Any advice would be appreciated.
:?: :?: :?:

ChicagoGranny

Re: Dreamwear Full Face Mask vs Amara Vue

Post by ChicagoGranny » Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:50 am

golfgame wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:23 am
I have tried the Amara Vue and always get leaks that wake me up. I am now researching a better mousetrap. I am looking for reviews or recommendations on the Dreamwear full face mask as it is reported to seal better.

I use both in rotation. After a few nights, the sharp edge of the DreamWear cushion rubs a sore just under my nostrils. I've almost given up on it after 18 months.

If you can't stop the Amara View from leaking, you probably will have problems with the DreamWear (YMMV).

Have you carefully watched three or four youtube videos on how to fit and adjust the Amara View? Do you practice good hose management?

Pugsy

Re: Dreamwear Full Face Mask vs Amara View

Post by Pugsy » Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:08 am

Now I have never been a full face mask user but I have tried both the Amara View and the Dreamwear FFM and have some pictures of side by side cushions.
My own thoughts about the two would be the DreamWear is an improved Amara View and I had better luck getting and keeping a seal with the DreamWear.
Dreamwear is a softer cushion.

Of course a big YMMV sticker. After trying both I would say I had more success and more comfort and better sleep with the Dreamwear. I always say if a mask looks interesting then that is a good enough reason to try it. One person's treasure is another person's trash.....each individual has to try it to see where it rates for them.

Amara View cushion on top

Amara View cushion on right

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

jimbud

Post by jimbud » Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:14 am

I still hope someone will wake up at Resmed and add P10 type pillows to the F30i. :D

I would be willing to give it another try.

(I am pretty sure they are reading all my posts) :lol:

JPB

golfgame

Re: Dreamwear Full Face Mask vs Amara Vue

Post by golfgame » Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:24 am

ChicagoGranny wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:50 am
golfgame wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:23 am
I have tried the Amara Vue and always get leaks that wake me up. I am now researching a better mousetrap. I am looking for reviews or recommendations on the Dreamwear full face mask as it is reported to seal better.

I use both in rotation. After a few nights, the sharp edge of the DreamWear cushion rubs a sore just under my nostrils. I've almost given up on it after 18 months.

If you can't stop the Amara View from leaking, you probably will have problems with the DreamWear (YMMV).

Have you carefully watched three or four youtube videos on how to fit and adjust the Amara View? Do you practice good hose management?
I have both an M and an L Amara cushion and I am not certain which is correct for me. The DME originally fitted me with the M and I then got the L thinking it might seal better. In the past, I have had the Wisp mask and according to the sizing card for that, I should have a small one.

In trying to get a better seal with either of the Amara's I probably tighten it too tightly. I am generally able to sleep without much interruption from 9 ish to about midnight or 1 AM, then I wake up and find that the Amara is making my face sore and it is leaking so I end up taking it off.

I have been using the Bleep system for more than a year with just so, so results. I am a terrible mouth breather and have tried all kinds of straps, tape, etc and nothing gets me thru the night. That is why I am revisiting a FFM.

Can you furnish some links to what you mentioned " three or four youtube videos"? I have been on YouTube but you may have some that you value more than others.

I think I practice hose management by using an overhead support rod that goes between the mattress and box spring but there are nights when I pull things apart in changing sleep positions. What do you recommend?

Thanks

Thumper1947

Post by Thumper1947 » Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:35 am

Masks are different for each person, but I have used both the Amara View and Dreamwear FF mask and for me there is no comparison between them. I could not control leaks with the Amara view because of it's rigid construction. The Dreamwear FF is much more comfortable and I have almost no leaks with it. I use a felt tip pen to mark the straps and watch for a trend up of the leaks on Oscar's overview page. Three days of small increases and I tighten the straps a very small amount and mark the new spot and check the comfort and leak trends all over again. With the fine adjustments, I've had almost no leaking and the mask is very comfortable. I agree with Pugsy, the Dreamware is an improvement over the Amara View. For me, case closed.
Thumper
Mask: Dreamware FF
Machine: Resmed Autosense 10 APAP

golfgame

Post by golfgame » Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:03 am

Thumper1947 wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:35 am
Masks are different for each person, but I have used both the Amara View and Dreamwear FF mask and for me there is no comparison between them. I could not control leaks with the Amara view because of it's rigid construction. The Dreamwear FF is much more comfortable and I have almost no leaks with it. I use a felt tip pen to mark the straps and watch for a trend up of the leaks on Oscar's overview page. Three days of small increases and I tighten the straps a very small amount and mark the new spot and check the comfort and leak trends all over again. With the fine adjustments, I've had almost no leaking and the mask is very comfortable. I agree with Pugsy, the Dreamware is an improvement over the Amara View. For me, case closed.
Thumper
Thank you Thumper, I think you are making my decision easier.

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Mon Aug 30, 2021 10:13 am

golfgame wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:03 am
making my decision easier.
It was always an easy decision for me - just try a different one; there are about 12 different masks in my bedroom chest; and waiting for new models to be released. :lol:
"It's not the number of breaths we take, it's the number of moments that take our breath away."

tbeb

Post by tbeb » Mon Sep 06, 2021 2:50 pm

The Amara View FFM did not work for me. The size large was too small. I switched to the Dreamwear FFM size large and I'm happy with it. I purchased a Pad A Cheek mask liner that seems to have helped with leaks, even though it wasn't designed for that. Can't remember how many leaks without the liner, so this week I won't use it and see how that goes.
Phillips Dreamstation with Humidifier, Phillips Dreamwear Full Face Mask

tbeb

Post by tbeb » Mon Sep 06, 2021 3:51 pm

tbeb wrote:
Mon Sep 06, 2021 2:50 pm
The Amara View FFM did not work for me. The size large was too small. I switched to the Dreamwear FFM size large and I'm happy with it. I purchased a Pad A Cheek mask liner that seems to have helped with leaks, even though it wasn't designed for that. Can't remember how many leaks without the liner, so this week I won't use it and see how that goes.
I'll continue to use mask liner because my wife just told me not many leaks with it.
Phillips Dreamstation with Humidifier, Phillips Dreamwear Full Face Mask

lc96

Post by lc96 » Mon Sep 06, 2021 5:28 pm

Neither the Amara nor the dreamwear worked for me. My main mask is a nasal one, the N20, but when I need a full one the F30 has very little leakage.

Airsense 11 Autoset Cpap
Resmed Airfit N20 and F30

golfgame

Post by golfgame » Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:40 am

golfgame wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:03 am
Thumper1947 wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:35 am
Thumper
Thank you Thumper, I think you are making my decision easier.
I now have tried the Dreamwear FFM. I found it to be more comfortable than the Amara View but it is still not the answer for me. I find that I can't get rid of all of the leaks. I am able to tighten things up enough to get to sleep but at some point, during the night I awake to the hissing sound of air leaking. In addition, the mask has moved upward and the leaks are bad. After fooling around with the straps to no avail I have ended up taking it off.

I came across a video or posting someplace that mentions that the ResMed F30I is more rounded as opposed to the DW tending to be flatter. My leaks are generally worse around the mouth so I am now wondering about the F30I.

Any thoughts on this please?

jimbud

Post by jimbud » Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:33 am

golfgame wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:40 am
I now have tried the Dreamwear FFM. I find that I can't get rid of all of the leaks. I am able to tighten things up enough to get to sleep but at some point, during the night I awake to the hissing sound of air leaking. In addition, the mask has moved upward and the leaks are bad. After fooling around with the straps to no avail I have ended up taking it off.

My leaks are generally worse around the mouth
The way the mask cradles the nose, it is not likely moving upward.

Your chin is probably dropping when you go into deep sleep.
You need some way to stop that.

I use a cervical collar.

JPB

zonker

Post by zonker » Tue Sep 07, 2021 11:49 am

golfgame wrote:

I came across a video...
speaking of-have you tried looking at several mask fitting videos on youtube?
people say i'm self absorbed.
but that's enough about them.
Oscar-Win
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1-Win64.exe
Oscar-Mac
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1.dmg

golfgame

Post by golfgame » Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:32 am

jimbud wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:33 am
golfgame wrote:
I now have tried the Dreamwear FFM. I find that I can't get rid of all of the leaks. I am able to tighten things up enough to get to sleep but at some point, during the night I awake to the hissing sound of air leaking. In addition, the mask has moved upward and the leaks are bad. After fooling around with the straps to no avail I have ended up taking it off.

My leaks are generally worse around the mouth
The way the mask cradles the nose, it is not likely moving upward.

Your chin is probably dropping when you go into deep sleep.
You need some way to stop that.

I use a cervical collar.

JPB
I believe that I have finally found a mask that does what the others have not, that is provided a quality full night's sleep with NO interruptions. That mask is the ResMed AirFit F30I