Resmed for Her for a male?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
reader2580

Resmed for Her for a male?

Post by reader2580 » Mon Jul 05, 2021 2:35 pm

I have read here previously that the Resmed Airsense 10 autoset for Her may also benefit males due to the extra algorithms. Is there really a good benefit buying the "for Her" model for a male?

I ordered a Resmed Airsense 10 autoset for Her from Lofta. What they don't tell you is they can't ship for at least two weeks as they are out of stock. A local DME has the regular Resmed Airsense 10 autoset in stock for $699 (Price has gone up twice in two weeks now.) so I could get it right away. (Local DME is out of the "for Her" models.)

jdm5

Re: Resmed for Her for a male?

Post by jdm5 » Mon Jul 05, 2021 2:42 pm

Yes, it’s perfectly fine. The for her model simply has an additional treatment algorithm - getting the “for her” gets you everything in the original model plus that algorithm.

Dog Slobber

Post by Dog Slobber » Mon Jul 05, 2021 4:23 pm

The for Her model is the superior device.

But for the most part, most people especially men, seem to be using the non-for-her algorithm

Given the potential for shortages for AutoSets, I think it's better to get an AutoSet as soon as you can, instead of waiting for a potentially long time for an algorithm you likely will never use.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Mon Jul 05, 2021 4:23 pm

That extra auto mode on the for Her model is just a different algorithm which anyone (male or female) might find useful...and they might not find it useful.

If you are routinely using pressures over 12 cm...I am not so sure there is much chance of it being any benefit to you.
Even if your pressure was only 6...no guarantee that you would benefit from that additional mode.

ResMed marketed this mode for women...to target market and make a big to do about it.
But the same thing that might make it attractive and work better for a woman would/could also work for a guy.
Not all women do well with that special mode.

Your choice if you want to wait for something that "might" be useful to you or not. I am female...have used both modes...couldn't really tell any difference one way of the other for me.

If my husband needed a cpap now..and my choices were the regular AutoSet now or get the for Her model in 2 weeks...I would get the regular AutoSet now. Just my own personal thoughts in that regard. It's not like the for Her mode is 1000% better than the regular mode and for some people it's actually worse...or like me couldn't tell any difference.
I vote for treatment now.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

reader2580

Post by reader2580 » Mon Jul 05, 2021 4:47 pm

My doctor has my current auto machine set to start at 14 so it sounds like there is no reason to get the “for Her” model.

zonker

Post by zonker » Mon Jul 05, 2021 4:55 pm

Dog Slobber wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 4:23 pm
The for Her model is the superior device.
but,but,but....you didn't tell him the real reason why the for her is superior.
people say i'm self absorbed.
but that's enough about them.
Oscar-Win
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1-Win64.exe
Oscar-Mac
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1.dmg

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Mon Jul 05, 2021 5:01 pm

reader2580 wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 4:47 pm
My doctor has my current auto machine set to start at 14 so it sounds like there is no reason to get the “for Her” model.
In view of the starting point of 14...I wouldn't even bother with the for Her model.
The auto adjusting part of the for Her algorithm doesn't auto adjust well at pressures over 12. It's even mentioned somewhere in their literature. I don't know exactly why but I have seen the results when people use higher pressures in the for Her mode and have a truckload of OAs/hyponeas in that mode and go to the regular mode and they all go away. Something about the responsiveness gets whacko and the machine simply won't go higher in some situations in some people.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

reader2580

Post by reader2580 » Mon Jul 05, 2021 6:06 pm

I went ahead and cancelled my "for Her" order. I placed a new order with the local DME instead for the Resmed Airsense 10 autoset.