Resmed Airtouch F20 leaks

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Architect

Resmed Airtouch F20 leaks

Post by Architect » Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:44 pm

Hi, years ago I was an active user on Cpaptalk, outstanding forum for support. All my issues were resolved, approx 8 years I used Resmed Quattro mask, AHI below 1 and no mask leak. But, not going to lie, for about 2 years it was a struggle, getting all issues resolved and balanced. Trying many various mask. Quattro was a blessing for me. Since then I switched from cpap to Bipap, with no issue at all.

Sleep clinic suggest I try Resmed Airtouch F20, try something new, so I agree. Mask was sent to me, first week of use, Mask worked flawlessly, I was amazed how well the mask sealed. I was able to watch tv, mask wasn't huge and heavy. All that came to a halt, Friday night when I went to sleep, mask began leaking up a storm around nose bridge between eyes, I was surprised AHI was only 0.9, leak rate 16 L/min, mask off 3 times.

Saturday night, no changes made, I go to sleep, approx 2 hrs I wake up same leaking, noticed strap dropped around my forehead, so I raise back up, leak stops. Same scenario 3 more times.

Issue I'm having now is, strap keeps dropping around my upper forehead, where hairline starts, each time I raise to mid head section, leaks stop. Do not desire to over tighten straps.

So, I have no idea what malfunctioned after a week of flawless performance. I hope my head shape didn't change, Lol !!!

Is strap suppose to be back of head, mid section ? Back to Quattro for now......

Has anyone else experienced strap not securing properly ? Thanks for feedback.

Architect

Re: Resmed Airtouch F20 leaks

Post by Architect » Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:58 pm

Hi friend, I viewed all those, thanks. What baffles me is, how mask worked perfect for a week, now having stap dropping issue, always something new with Cpap mask.

Architect

Re: Resmed Airtouch F20 leaks - Solved

Post by Architect » Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:26 am

Oh goodness, used Quattro way to many years. I watched quite a few videos, I viewed more trying to figute out what was wrong. As I was watching Jane Esparza sleep health educator. I realize, I've been putting on my mask incorrectly.

I put on my mask, looked in the mirror = incorrect.

Upper straps were placed towards top head strap, which I probably did during sleep from leakage, Friday night. Saturday, I put mask on in reverse, strap first pulling cushion down, I realized I moved strap towards my hairline to lower mask. I feel so silly, Rofl !!! I made all the necessary adjustments. This is method I use to put on Quattro, doesn't work for airtouch. Old habits hard to break :D

joeljjk11

Post by joeljjk11 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:13 pm

Just my opinion but the Airtouch cushion is not great and does not last. When I tried the mask it leaked into my eyes at the nose after a few days. It is also a racket to replace it every 30 days like they suggest. I found the Airfit F20 to be better and it lasts a long time.

Joel

no_more_headaches

Post by no_more_headaches » Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:44 pm

I am an Airtouch F20 user and padacheek liners make a BIG difference for me. In fact I have gotten many nights with the full 20 points for Mask Seal on the MyAir scale.
It's not to say a different mask might work better but give it a try first as you might get longer use out of your mask.

Supine AHI 78.9 REM AHI 16
Titrated 1/18/08, Pressure 9