OT: Enough!

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
chunkyfrog

Re: OT: Enough!

Post by chunkyfrog » Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:35 am

All US prisons are high on the list, not only to protect the inmates, so much as staff and families,
including classmates of children in those families--and their families in turn--ad infinitum . . .
Everybody is at risk, including/especially those who still deny its existence.
The more who are vaccinated, the safer we all will be.

babydinosnoreless

Post by babydinosnoreless » Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:17 pm

chunkyfrog wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:35 am
All US prisons are high on the list, not only to protect the inmates, so much as staff and families,
including classmates of children in those families--and their families in turn--ad infinitum . . .
This prison is not in the US. There is absolutely zero justification for this. I'm utterly disgusted that this is even an issue. When all health care workers, seniors in old folks homes, those at high risk, until every American who wants the shot has had it then this shouldn't even be discussed.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:29 pm

babydinosnoreless wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:17 pm
This prison is not in the US.
Who do you think are guarding and running this prison?

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:59 pm

babydinosnoreless wrote:
chunkyfrog wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:35 am
This prison is not in the US. There is absolutely zero justification for this. I'm utterly disgusted that this is even an issue. When all health care workers, seniors in old folks homes, those at high risk, until every American who wants the shot has had it then this shouldn't even be discussed.
In the U.S. we want them to be 1st class in health, before we execute them 20 years after they do their crimes. :? Jim

Justice runs Slow, in the U.S., I blame Daylight Savings Time....
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

Lucyhere

Post by Lucyhere » Fri Jan 29, 2021 6:32 pm

Pugsy wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:29 pm
babydinosnoreless wrote:
+1 :roll:
Resmed AirSense 10 Autoset for her w/humid air/heated Humidifier
Bleep/P10

roadcycler

Post by roadcycler » Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:29 pm

Here in Canada it is the same. Prisoners and street people living in shelters are at the top of the list while the older vulnerable population are in tier 2 as my 93 year old mother. Coming from working in a hospital the only thing I can think of is that if the prisoner gets sick then they are transferred to the hospital for treatment. This can create multiple problems: infecting unvaccinated staff, hospital staff not trained in dealing and treat the criminal element, having to post guards ( taking them away from the correctional facilities) so they don't try to escape.

So especially here in Canada where we have a vaccine shortage, it is a hard pill to swallow but there must be some kind of reasoning behind it whether we agree with it or not

chunkyfrog

Post by chunkyfrog » Sat Jan 30, 2021 8:53 am

Unfortunately, some good, hard working people have no choice but to touch our "untouchables".
It is sad, but as much as we scorn the caste system in other countries, it thrives here as well.

babydinosnoreless

Post by babydinosnoreless » Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:22 pm

Pugsy wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:29 pm
babydinosnoreless wrote:
Doesn't matter, there are people caring for our elderly and sick in nursing homes here in the US that should be first on the list. Every doctor, nurse, police office, ambulance driver, firefighter and others. Lock them prisoners down like we are doing our nursing homes. If our elderly can't have visitors neither should the prison. This is political theater and absolute horse poop!

roadcycler

Post by roadcycler » Sat Jan 30, 2021 5:23 pm

[/quote]

Doesn't matter, there are people caring for our elderly and sick in nursing homes here in the US that should be first on the list. Every doctor, nurse, police office, ambulance driver, firefighter and others. Lock them prisoners down like we are doing our nursing homes. If our elderly can't have visitors neither should the prison. This is political theater and absolute horse poop!
[/quote]

thumbsup.jpg
thumbsup.jpg (13.67 KiB) Viewed 624 times

Lucyhere

Post by Lucyhere » Sat Jan 30, 2021 5:34 pm

babydinosnoreless wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:22 pm

Doesn't matter, there are people caring for our elderly and sick in nursing homes here in the US that should be first on the list. Every doctor, nurse, police office, ambulance driver, firefighter and others.

**It is my understanding that all the above are in the first Tier - after come people over 75 - after 60 and up. For certain, this is the way it's been in my state.

Lock them prisoners down like we are doing our nursing homes. If our elderly can't have visitors neither should the prison. This is political theater and absolute horse poop!

**It makes common sense for elderly in homes not to be able to have visitors. More people, more spread! Same exact situation in hospitals. Sad, very, but true. The same for prisons -- I live fairly close to one of the most famous prisons in the U.S. The prisons employ guards. The guards have spouses, children, parents, grandparents, etc. There are no visitors allowed in this particular prison and altho I don't know for certain, I'm pretty sure that is what's happening around the country.

**I'm really trying to understand what you are saying... political theater, horse poop??? Doesn't fit here.
Resmed AirSense 10 Autoset for her w/humid air/heated Humidifier
Bleep/P10

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sat Jan 30, 2021 5:42 pm

The vaccine plans for giving the grand total of 40 inmates there....have been put on hold....at least for now.
I don't know about the status of any of the personnel involved with detention or their families. The news article didn't mention that.

I don't give a rats behind about the inmates but I do care about the personnel and their families or extended families.
And last I heard...I don't think those inmates get visitors anyway.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

zonker

Post by zonker » Sat Jan 30, 2021 6:25 pm

"1. It’s not enough to just get troops vaccinated. You have to vaccinate detainees in order for everyone to be safe.

Do monstrous, evil people get the vaccine as a result? Yes.

But if you want to protect the people close to them like troops, that’s the only way."

"John Kirby
@PentagonPresSec
No Guantanamo detainees have been vaccinated. We’re pausing the plan to move forward, as we review force protection protocols. We remain committed to our obligations to keep our troops safe.
12:16 PM · Jan 30, 2021
See the latest COVID-19 information on Twitter"

best i could do as i don't know how to post a tweet here. or anywhere, really.
people say i'm self absorbed.
but that's enough about them.
Oscar-Win
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1-Win64.exe
Oscar-Mac
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1.dmg

babydinosnoreless

Post by babydinosnoreless » Sat Jan 30, 2021 6:39 pm

Pugsy wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 5:42 pm
The vaccine plans for giving the grand total of 40 inmates there....have been put on hold....at least for now.
I just saw that. Glad someone was smart enough to shut that crud down !