New to cpap need tip to stop gurgling noise

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Cpapdude1986

New to cpap need tip to stop gurgling noise

Post by Cpapdude1986 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:45 pm

Im new to wearing a cpap so forgive me if i seem ignorant. Ive had my cpap for about 2 weeks and ive been trying to wear it every night but about 4 hours into my sleep it wakes me up with this gurgling noise. I googled it and i do believe its water condensed in the tube from the humidification. I have my humidification set on 7 out of 10 because i get very dry mouth. Truthfully id like to have it on 10 out of 10. I tried following tips i read online such as keeping the machine and tubing lower than my head so theoretically the water would drain down but that didn't help. I already have fhe heated tubing but thats not working either. I don't want to give up on the cpap but im sleeping much worse than i did prior to owning it because of it waking me up. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Sorry for any typos its late.

LSAT

Re: New to cpap need tip to stop gurgling noise

Post by LSAT » Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:21 am

Usually, dry mouth comes from mouth breathing...this can be relieved some by using xylimelts from your pharmacy. If this works, you can reduce the humidity levels. Often a hose cover helps to insulate a standard hose.

roadcycler

Post by roadcycler » Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:00 am

you may need to use a heated hose to reduce the condensation and/or a hose cover

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:30 am

Condensation in the mask or hose. A common problem. Your options explained in this thread posts number 2 and 3.
viewtopic/t94035/Pugsys-Pointers-3Deali ... -road.html

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.