OSCAR v1.1.1 is Released

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
howkim6

Re: OSCAR v1.1.1 is Released

Post by howkim6 » Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:03 pm

Hello, everyone. I used to come here under a different (forgotten) passwprd. I loved Sleepyhead. However, when my old computer died. I got a cheap new one that has a Chrome OS. Is Oscar compatible with my new computer? Plese, oh please, say yes.

MaryH
MaryH

BlueDragon

Post by BlueDragon » Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:47 pm

howkim6 wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:03 pm
Hello, everyone. I used to come here under a different (forgotten) passwprd. I loved Sleepyhead. However, when my old computer died. I got a cheap new one that has a Chrome OS. Is Oscar compatible with my new computer? Plese, oh please, say yes.
The answer is "not quite yet." We're working on some changes to the installation instructions, which apparently are specific to Chromebook. If all that is needed is an updated Wiki, we may have that soon. If the code needs to be changed, then it will take longer.

Is your machine a Chromebook, or something else running ChromeOS? What machine did you get and what version of ChromeOS are you running?

OSCAR 1.5.1 is the latest release.
OSCAR Team
ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto, F&P Brevida.
FlashAir SD and FlashPap for data transfer.

howkim6

Post by howkim6 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:58 pm

Hi, BlueDragon,

I got an Acer Chromebook 15 running Chrome 83.0.4312.119 (I think).

I understand about modifying software taking time. Any help any of you can provide will be WONDERFUL!
MaryH

Josiah

Post by Josiah » Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:52 pm

How do I clear OSCAR cache?
Josiah

BlueDragon

Post by BlueDragon » Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:57 pm

Which cache? What problem are you trying to fix?

OSCAR Team

Josiah

Post by Josiah » Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:09 pm

BlueDragon wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:57 pm
Which cache? What problem are you trying to fix?
I had been having trouble with OSCAR and so I uninstalled it entirely from my computer. I then installed the v1.1.1 and when I processed my SD card what showed up predated what was on my SD card. I assumed this was the cache problem mentioned in the initial post. Alas I'm not good with software.
Josiah

BlueDragon

Post by BlueDragon » Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:50 pm

Josiah wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:09 pm
I had been having trouble with OSCAR and so I uninstalled it entirely from my computer. I then installed the v1.1.1 and when I processed my SD card what showed up predated what was on my SD card. I assumed this was the cache problem mentioned in the initial post.
No, that mention was in reference to your browser cache and your browser not showing the correct page for 1.1.1. That's not your problem.

I'll be happy to help you work through your problems with OSCAR. Would you please start a new thread titled "OSCAR Trouble," or at least something with OSCAR in the title, and I'll follow up with you on that thread. I expect we will need a more extended discussion to determine the problem and the best solution, and I would prefer not to do that in this thread.

OSCAR Team

Josiah

Post by Josiah » Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:43 pm

BlueDragon wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:50 pm
Josiah wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:09 pm
I had been having trouble with OSCAR and so I uninstalled it entirely from my computer. I then installed the v1.1.1 and when I processed my SD card what showed up predated what was on my SD card. I assumed this was the cache problem mentioned in the initial post.
No, that mention was in reference to your browser cache and your browser not showing the correct page for 1.1.1. That's not your problem.

I'll be happy to help you work through your problems with OSCAR. Would you please start a new thread titled "OSCAR Trouble," or at least something with OSCAR in the title, and I'll follow up with you on that thread. I expect we will need a more extended discussion to determine the problem and the best solution, and I would prefer not to do that in this thread.
Thank you so much BlueDragon
Josiah

pcdvd.buyer

Post by pcdvd.buyer » Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:19 pm

Dear all:

I use Oximeter Import Wizard, and upload my CMS50I data successful, but the last page no cpap data available on (I install Smart Device Assistant 3.1.0.1)

Could any one help me out? Last version OSCAR I can do it no problem, thanks.

Caseous

Post by Caseous » Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:07 am

Thanks you!

Cannuck 1

Post by Cannuck 1 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:24 pm

OSCAR V1.1.1 seems like a nice way of looking at your daily charts,weekly and monthly. I'm not sure what happened or how to correct my Time zone so that I can view exactly when I started sleeping, I 'm off by two hrs when looking at the charts.

BlueDragon

Post by BlueDragon » Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:27 pm

Cannuck 1 wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:24 pm
I'm not sure what happened or how to correct my Time zone so that I can view exactly when I started sleeping, I 'm off by two hrs when looking at the charts.
OSCAR should be reporting the times reported by your CPAP machine. First thing to do is to check that the clock is set correctly on your CPAP machine.

OSCAR Team

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:32 pm

Cannuck 1 wrote:
OSCAR V1.1.1 seems like a nice way of looking at your daily charts,weekly and monthly. I'm not sure what happened or how to correct my Time zone so that I can view exactly when I started sleeping, I 'm off by two hrs when looking at the charts.
There is a clock on your machine that you can set to your local time.
ResMed machines have a clock and calendar that the patient can get to and set.
Respironics machines don't have anything that the patient can get to. Adjustments using the software are more viable features for those patients.

For ResMed users...just reset the machine's clock. It's in the same menu area as software version run hours and language choices.
Just be careful. Going forward is easy...going backwards not so easy if you screw up and there is already data stored in the backwards you want to go to. Been there and done that when I was changing the time once (DST to regular time) and I accidentally changed the date on the calendar forward. Big mess because it wouldn't go backwards.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Cannuck 1

Post by Cannuck 1 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:50 pm

BlueDragon wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:27 pm
Cannuck 1 wrote:
I'm not sure what happened or how to correct my Time zone so that I can view exactly when I started sleeping, I 'm off by two hrs when looking at the charts.
OSCAR should be reporting the times reported by your CPAP machine. First thing to do is to check that the clock is set correctly on your CPAP machine.
Thank you!

Cannuck 1

Post by Cannuck 1 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:53 pm

Pugsy wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:32 pm
Cannuck 1 wrote:
There is a clock on your machine that you can set to your local time.
ResMed machines have a clock and calendar that the patient can get to and set.
Respironics machines don't have anything that the patient can get to. Adjustments using the software are more viable features for those patients.

For ResMed users...just reset the machine's clock. It's in the same menu area as software version run hours and language choices.
Just be careful. Going forward is easy...going backwards not so easy if you screw up and there is already data stored in the backwards you want to go to. Been there and done that when I was changing the time once (DST to regular time) and I accidentally changed the date on the calendar forward. Big mess because it wouldn't go backwards.
Thanks, I went into the area you mentioned and the clock was off by a few hrs and I set it to proper time, thanks for your expertise in this area. Have a great evening Pugsy. :D