Resmed N30 sizing guide, how to print it out correctly?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
ronragus

Resmed N30 sizing guide, how to print it out correctly?

Post by ronragus » Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:13 pm

I feel stupid.... am looking at resmed's sizing guide for n30 on pdf- how to figure out how to print it out correct to scale? is it sized for letter sized paper? such a terrible idea for them to sell n30 without a fit pack...argh

https://www.resmed.com/content/dam/resm ... ch_eng.pdf

thanks

ALSO- per resmed's website the cushion need to be replaced "every 2 weeks"- is this a joke????

https://www.resmed.com/en-us/sleep-apne ... irfit-n30/

ChicagoGranny

Re: Resmed N30 sizing guide, how to print it out correctly?

Post by ChicagoGranny » Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:27 pm

ronragus wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:13 pm
figure out how to print it out correct to scale? is it sized for letter sized paper?
Yes, print it letter size. Then, take a ruler and see if the 7-inch scale marked on the paper is the correct size.
ronragus wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:13 pm
ALSO- per resmed's website the cushion need to be replaced "every 2 weeks"- is this a joke????

https://www.resmed.com/en-us/sleep-apne ... irfit-n30/
It's not a joke. It helps ResMed management make their yacht payments.

I find that mask lasts for many months.

idahojohn

Post by idahojohn » Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:07 pm

I've been using the n30 since it first came out. 2 months on the same cushion before i need to replace it. Even then, it could go longer, but it starts to leak a little.

Edit: Also, most men will be size medium. Women tend to need size small. Negro's usually need the small wide. Those are the only 3 sizes available.
Last edited by idahojohn on Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

idahojohn

Post by idahojohn » Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:09 pm

... also, i know this sounds gross, but it seals better and feels better if i only clean the cushion once a week or so.

zonker

Post by zonker » Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:11 pm

idahojohn wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:09 pm
... also, i know this sounds gross, but it seals better and feels better if i only clean the cushion once a week or so.
may i suggest unscented baby wipes for every day cleaning?

then stick with the wash them when you want to.

at least, that's my approach with my P10.
people say i'm self absorbed.
but that's enough about them.
Oscar-Win
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1-Win64.exe
Oscar-Mac
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1.dmg

roadcycler

Post by roadcycler » Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:16 pm

I have been using the same N30 cushion since mid Jan and it is still working fine. Wipe it down mostly every morning and a wash once every two weeks. In Dec when purchased I got the med but found that the leaks were a bit on the high side. Purchased a small cushion in Jan with good results. My nose sits just on the intersection between small and medium and I am a man. I also wish that they had included a fit pack as one mask or cushion is priced almost the same as the p10's with a fit pack.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:39 pm

zonker wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:11 pm
may i suggest unscented baby wipes for every day cleaning?

then stick with the wash them when you want to.

at least, that's my approach with my P10.
I love my approach....I toss the ports in the morning. They go to the recycle bin. :lol: Though trust me...I have experimented at times to try to find something where I could reuse them to save money since I am the queen of cheap. No success yet. I did find a tape that would work but just the tape ended up costing more than 3 times what I would pay for the ports and that's without my time involved making it work. Not cost effective at all.

When I used the P10 nasal pillow mask....it got washed maybe once every 4 to 6 weeks and that's all I ever did to it. No wipes, no nothing care.

The ONLY reason that mask manufacturers have come up with their suggested replacement schedule is simply because that's how often most insurance will pay for a replacement of whatever part per the replacement allowance schedule. The proverbial cash cow.
Money, money, money.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Sun Jun 21, 2020 5:32 am

idahojohn wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:07 pm
****** usually need the small wide.
------------->
Abstract
A study of 201 black American noses has led us to divide the black American nose into three groups, i.e., Groups A, B, and C, which we have called the "African," the "Afro-Caucasian," and the "Afro-Indian." Belonging to the African group (Group A) were 44% of the noses, 37% were Afro-Caucasian (Group B), and 19% were Afro-Indian (Group C). Fifty-three percent of the African noses had a concave dorsum, whereas only 10% of the Afro-Caucasian and 8% of the Afro-Indian group had a concave dorsum. On the other hand, 36% of the Afro-Caucasian group had a hump as did 63% of the Afro-Indian group. Only 18% of the African group had a hump. The most common nostril types were type IV (20%), type V (27%), and type VI (25%), the distribution of which varied with the nasal type. Anthropometric measurements showed variations according to type, with the African noses being the shortest and widest, the AFro-Caucasian the narrowest, and the Afro-Indian being the longest. Cadaver dissection showed that the alar cartilages varied from small and thin in the African group to large and thick in the Afro-Indian. All were covered by a heavy layer of fibrofatty tissue. The value of this grouping in the evaluation and surgery of the black American nose is discussed.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/8239410/

idahojohn

Post by idahojohn » Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:20 am

ChicagoGranny wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 5:32 am
idahojohn wrote:
****** usually need the small wide.
------------->
Abstract
A study of 201 black American noses has led us to divide the black American nose into three groups, i.e., Groups A, B, and C, which we have called the "African," the "Afro-Caucasian," and the "Afro-Indian." Belonging to the African group (Group A) were 44% of the noses, 37% were Afro-Caucasian (Group B), and 19% were Afro-Indian (Group C). Fifty-three percent of the African noses had a concave dorsum, whereas only 10% of the Afro-Caucasian and 8% of the Afro-Indian group had a concave dorsum. On the other hand, 36% of the Afro-Caucasian group had a hump as did 63% of the Afro-Indian group. Only 18% of the African group had a hump. The most common nostril types were type IV (20%), type V (27%), and type VI (25%), the distribution of which varied with the nasal type. Anthropometric measurements showed variations according to type, with the African noses being the shortest and widest, the AFro-Caucasian the narrowest, and the Afro-Indian being the longest. Cadaver dissection showed that the alar cartilages varied from small and thin in the African group to large and thick in the Afro-Indian. All were covered by a heavy layer of fibrofatty tissue. The value of this grouping in the evaluation and surgery of the black American nose is discussed.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/8239410/

Good morning Granny,

Notice I didn't use any definitive terms? "Tend, usually, most". Just going by personal experience. I've probably sold a hundred of these things since they first came out (DME) but i confess that my clientele is 99% white population. 50/50 men vs women. You know, its funny now that i think about it... 20 years ago it was more like 80/20 men over women.

zonker

Post by zonker » Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:18 am

Pugsy wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:39 pm

The ONLY reason that mask manufacturers have come up with their suggested replacement schedule is simply because that's how often most insurance will pay for a replacement of whatever part per the replacement allowance schedule. The proverbial cash cow.
Money, money, money.
no argument from me. i like to save money as well. my mom would often complain of people bring pennies in the front door while throwing dollars out the back!

so i want to do the work it takes to make sure i don't wear out that P10. i know it doesn't last forever, but i keep wanting to make it pretty close to that.
Oscar-Win
Oscar-Mac

zonker

Post by zonker » Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:21 am

idahojohn wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:20 am

You know, its funny now that i think about it... 20 years ago it was more like 80/20 men over women.
interesting! i don't have any links or articles or anything, but i've read of concerns of lack of sleep being connected to alzheimer's disease. and that usually is more prone to appear in women than men.

so maybe more women will be avoiding this dread disease in future.

yeah, i know...i just made a lot of stew out of one oyster.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Oscar-Win
Oscar-Mac

ronragus

Post by ronragus » Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:02 pm

Pugsy wrote:
Money, money, money.
My insurance in Canada only covers a ceiling of $300 per year for masks- not per recommended schedule from the manufacturers. Does that mean in the states you are able to get insurance reimbursement for new cushion ~every 2 weeks because Resmed's website said so!? :shock:

joeljjk11

Post by joeljjk11 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:34 pm

I tried the N30 for a while and needed the medium cushion. The mask is okay but it leaks at higher pressures and becomes uncomfortable so I honestly wouldn't really recommend it unless you use lower pressures. It also slightly irritated my nostrils and that area of my nose, like every other nasal mask I have tried. I ended up going back to the Airfit P10, like I always do LOL.

Lucyhere

Post by Lucyhere » Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:07 pm

idahojohn wrote:
Negro's usually need the small wide.

"Negro's"... I remember hearing that word when I was a child. I believe that now, in 2020, they are referred to as
Black Americans.
Resmed AirSense 10 Autoset for her w/humid air/heated Humidifier
Bleep/P10

babydinosnoreless

Post by babydinosnoreless » Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:36 pm

ronragus wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:02 pm
Pugsy wrote:
Money, money, money.
My insurance in Canada only covers a ceiling of $300 per year for masks- not per recommended schedule from the manufacturers. Does that mean in the states you are able to get insurance reimbursement for new cushion ~every 2 weeks because Resmed's website said so!? :shock:
Yes, my insurance allows a new nasal cushion every two weeks or a full face cushion once a month.