Air is not humid and warm enough

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Pugsy

Re: Air is not humid and warm enough

Post by Pugsy » Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:22 am

It is the correct one but here's the one I found for $23

https://www.amazon.com/Respironics-Drea ... 070&sr=8-2

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

YoelKlein

Post by YoelKlein » Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:56 am

Thanks.
already place the order with the first link. hope its the right one. should receive it tomorrow.
hope it will provide the comfort I'm looking for.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:02 pm

The link you found will work just fine. It's the right one...just from a different seller that has a slightly higher price.
These hoses aren't really something that people can counterfeit and make it worth their while.
The bag you saw with that hose...looks exactly like the bag that the System One heated hoses that I have come in.
It will be the real deal and work.

When you plug it in to your machine watch the LCD display. It should automatically recognize it and change hose size and all that.
No need for you to change hose diameter size manually. The machine will do it for you plus it will open up the other available options for humidity choice and hose air temp choice.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

YoelKlein

Post by YoelKlein » Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:27 pm

Pugsy wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:02 pm
The link you found will work just fine. It's the right one...just from a different seller that has a slightly higher price.
These hoses aren't really something that people can counterfeit and make it worth their while.
The bag you saw with that hose...looks exactly like the bag that the System One heated hoses that I have come in.
It will be the real deal and work.

When you plug it in to your machine watch the LCD display. It should automatically recognize it and change hose size and all that.
No need for you to change hose diameter size manually. The machine will do it for you plus it will open up the other available options for humidity choice and hose air temp choice.
Thank you for the head start info.
I will need some luck removing the original hose from the dreamsation. its so snug and tight.

Okie bipap

Post by Okie bipap » Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:30 pm

When you go to take it off, grip the rubber end and twist the hose slightly as you pull it up.

Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:36 pm

Usually wiggling it back and forth is enough especially if you hold the rubber part in your hand and let your body heat warm up the rubber a bit to make it more pliable.
If it doesn't work though...add just a little gentle heat (hair dryer on low/warm setting) to warm it up a little more.

People do sometimes really cram those hoses on (they do the same with masks sometimes) and that can make it hard to remove and sometimes pieces of a mask get stuck in the long hose. Then they come here and say that their mask doesn't fit the new hose. :lol:
They swear something is wrong with the new hose then we have them post a picture of the old hose and there's that little piece still stuck in the old hose that isn't supposed to be there. Happens all the time.

At least the new heated hose clips in and attaches that way and people can't make it over snug at the humidifier.

chima2g

Post by chima2g » Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:21 pm

You're probably sorted by now but I'd highly recommend the Hybernite heated hose which works at one static temperature. I've had 2 Phillips heated hoses and had problems with the temperature despite changing the settings so they're both sitting in a cupboard gathering dust. Although, be warned about the operating parameters. The Hybernite melts if you leave it on without air flowing through it at high temperatures.

YoelKlein

Post by YoelKlein » Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:56 am

Hi, thanks.
The heated tube fixed all issues.