Covid-19 CPAP Heated Tubing Temp

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
DrBwell

Covid-19 CPAP Heated Tubing Temp

Post by DrBwell » Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:43 am

There has been a lot of recent articles about the temp Covid 19 flourishes. 50-80 deg Fahrenheit. I just turned up my Resmed S10 to 86 degrees last night. I’m on day 12 of dealing with the virus and sometimes feel it’ll never end. Using heat packs and hot bathes are great as well, but we have this setting on our machines that may make a world of difference. Any comments or suggestions are welcome since we’re all in this together!
Using Tapatalk

LSAT

Re: Covid-19 CPAP Heated Tubing Temp

Post by LSAT » Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:45 am

If that's really true..why is the virus flourishing in Florida and Australia with 90 degree temps? If the virus is not in your home..it doesn't matter.

babydinosnoreless

Post by babydinosnoreless » Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:35 am

LSAT wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:45 am
If that's really true..why is the virus flourishing in Florida and Australia with 90 degree temps? If the virus is not in your home..it doesn't matter.
I don't know the 80 degree temps we have seem to be keeping it in check. Much less deaths on the west coast and AZ than in the east. Maybe a humidity thing ?

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:55 am

I don't believe everything I see written, especially if it doesn't make any sense!

Your body runs at 98.6 degrees, the virus seems to handle that just fine, even causes a temp of 103+, say again how hot that heated hose needs to be to make the virus unhappy. If you set it for 212 degrees maybe, don't melt your mask to your face.

A large percent of what is written is B.S., and False and or Lies, you must learn how things work, and tune up your B.S. Detector to filter what's out there. Lots of it's put there by fools that don't know facts. Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:04 am

DrBwell wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:43 am
I’m on day 12 of dealing with the virus and sometimes feel it’ll never end.
Will you tell us a little more? Like, your age? What is your doctor doing for you?

DrBwell

Post by DrBwell » Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:10 am

I’m not looking for a debate on this; the Northeast and cooler areas are being hit the hardest. My thinking is not to create an atmosphere for the virus to flourish. This is why I’m turning up my cpap to 86. Keep my body as warm as possible, no cold drinks, just hot tea and vitamin C. I’m a healthy 61 year old male, no comorbidity. High bp, high cholesterol. I did have 2 teledoc visits with my primary after my initial diagnosis last Wednesday. I tried to get on hydroxychloroquine, but he refused due to no real proven benefits. I live in the St. Augustine FL area.
Using Tapatalk

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:16 am

If this gives you peace of mind...do it. Hurts nothing and lets you not worry so much.

The real prime breeding ground for this virus is the human body which is already quite warm so using warmer air that is still less than the human body is unlikely to kill anything but it doesn't hurt and the warmer air and/or more humidity might actually help the symptoms a bit and in that regard definitely worth doing.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

zonker

Post by zonker » Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:29 am

DrBwell wrote:
Any comments or suggestions are welcome since we’re all in this together!
DrBwell wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:10 am
I’m not looking for a debate on this
so, comments or suggestions, but no debate.

got ya.
people say i'm self absorbed.
but that's enough about them.
Oscar-Win
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1-Win64.exe
Oscar-Mac
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1.dmg

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:38 am

zonker wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:29 am
DrBwell wrote:
Any comments or suggestions are welcome since we’re all in this together!
DrBwell wrote:
I’m not looking for a debate on this
so, comments or suggestions, but no debate.

got ya.
Stating one's ideas on a public forum, without expecting feedback, doesn't compute! Everyone here has a opinion, most voice them. Jim

Some are correct, some aren't.

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:53 am

DrBwell wrote:
DrBwell
No debating, just praying for your recovery. At day 12, you've been through enough.

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:47 pm

Which of the three types of the virus were you tested for and have. Jim

Most of us are dealing with the virus, but thankfully don't have it yet. Taking it seriously, doing the best not to get it, and not to pass it on. Until a working vaccine is ready, we really can't stop this. Jim

palerider

Post by palerider » Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:40 pm

DrBwell wrote:
There has been a lot of recent articles about the temp Covid 19 flourishes. 50-80 deg Fahrenheit. I just turned up my Resmed S10 to 86 degrees last night. I’m on day 12 of dealing with the virus and sometimes feel it’ll never end. Using heat packs and hot bathes are great as well, but we have this setting on our machines that may make a world of difference. Any comments or suggestions are welcome since we’re all in this together!
There's no such thing as a "Resmed S10".

The temp on the hose only matters to keep water vapor from condensing on the walls of the tube.

Since any virus is going to be coming from YOU, your idea is immaterial.

And if that comment of it "flourising at 50-80F" had even a remote bit of accuracy to it, .... it would die as soon as it got into the human body (97+) So, I call nonsense on that too.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

DrBwell

Post by DrBwell » Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:54 pm

It’s too bad there are a few people on this forum that don’t have medical knowledge and are quick to shoot down ideas that are plausible. If you knew anything about the human body, you would know that the temperature in the sinus cavity and bronchi to the lungs is much lower than in your blood. Imagine, if you had testicles, you would also know that there temperature is much lower than your core body temp. So, with that maybe you can be less naive and willing to learn something. We’re all in this together and I hope you don’t treat all the people on this forum the same way you’re treating me.
Using Tapatalk

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:57 pm

It's too bad that people assume that some of us don't have any medical knowledge or experience and they assume we don't know what we are talking about just because we discount their ideas as not really plausible.

You might be surprised as to just how much medical knowledge and experience a lot of us have.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

zoocrewphoto

Post by zoocrewphoto » Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:08 pm

DrBwell wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:54 pm
It’s too bad there are a few people on this forum that don’t have medical knowledge and are quick to shoot down ideas that are plausible. If you knew anything about the human body, you would know that the temperature in the sinus cavity and bronchi to the lungs is much lower than in your blood. Imagine, if you had testicles, you would also know that there temperature is much lower than your core body temp. So, with that maybe you can be less naive and willing to learn something. We’re all in this together and I hope you don’t treat all the people on this forum the same way you’re treating me.
If the virus stayed in the nose, then why is it causing people lung problems? If you already have the virus, it is already inside. You sound like you are trying to keep room temp air with possible virus from getting inside you. But you said you are already dealing with the virus.

Did you join this forum to give us a lecture? Did you even consider that some people here work in the medical field? And many have decades of cpap experience also.

If you want to be respected as an expert, you might want to give your real name and credentials. And if you have proof that heated air beats the virus when a heated body doesn't, please feel free to post it. I suspect that the East coast with major areas of problem also have higher population density.

Who would have thought it would be this challenging to sleep and breathe at the same time?