Covid-19, CPAP cleaning regimen

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
babydinosnoreless

Re: Covid-19, CPAP cleaning regimen

Post by babydinosnoreless » Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:15 am

So does anyone know what the recommendation is on gyms ?
Do we keep to our fitness schedules or avoid them as breeding ground for germs ?

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:22 am

I am continuing my aqua therapy.
The pool is about 93 degrees, and rather chloriney.
I'd like to take a walk--if it ever stops raining.

Lifeisabeach

Post by Lifeisabeach » Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:38 am

palerider wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:42 pm
Lifeisabeach wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:43 am
palerider wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 1:43 am
Lifeisabeach wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 12:31 am
palerider wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 12:09 am

Actually, cleaning it every month or two is fine, depending on how fast the mineral buildup happens. People all over the world use tap water.
I've had pink slime build up much faster than that...
"pink slime" is caused by an airborne bacteria, serratia marcescens, not from the water, and has nothing at all to do with mineral buildup.
Yeah, I realize I'm mixing up my terminology here, but you still have to clean the tub and it's by no means a good idea to wait a month if it's seen sooner. I would argue that if you see the slime,
Do you see up there what YOU said, that I'm responding to?

Now you're changing the whole point.

babydinosnoreless

Post by babydinosnoreless » Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:50 am

chunkyfrog wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:22 am
The pool where I take aqua fit is kept around 82 degrees and is very chloriney. I guess is probably safer than going to the mall to walk. It is just too hot most if the time to walk outdoors unless its at night. We are supposed to get rain the next few days too. Arizona will probably shut down. Lol people lose it here when it rains.

zonker

Post by zonker » Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:05 am

babydinosnoreless wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:50 am
chunkyfrog wrote:
The pool where I take aqua fit is kept around 82 degrees and is very chloriney. I guess is probably safer than going to the mall to walk. It is just too hot most if the time to walk outdoors unless its at night. We are supposed to get rain the next few days too. Arizona will probably shut down. Lol people lose it here when it rains.
i've got a bit of a cold that i'm getting over. i haven't been to the pool during this. but once i stopped sniffling, i'm going back.

i'm in a group that does water exercise. it's a small pool and we bob pretty close to each other. but i figure that, hell, there's a shower available, so just soap up afterwards, eh? :lol:
people say i'm self absorbed.
but that's enough about them.
Oscar-Win
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1-Win64.exe
Oscar-Mac
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1.dmg

palerider

Post by palerider » Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:08 am

Lifeisabeach wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:38 am
Ah yes, the last resort.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

palerider

Post by palerider » Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:09 am

babydinosnoreless wrote:
chunkyfrog wrote:
AIIIEEE!!!! What is this weird stuff falling from the sky!?!?!?!

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

zonker

Post by zonker » Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:12 am

palerider wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:09 am
babydinosnoreless wrote:
chunkyfrog wrote:
AIIIEEE!!!! What is this weird stuff falling from the sky!?!?!?!
we have the same reaction in the northwest when the sun comes out.
people say i'm self absorbed.
but that's enough about them.
Oscar-Win
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1-Win64.exe
Oscar-Mac
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1.dmg

jnk...

Post by jnk... » Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:20 am

babydinosnoreless wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:15 am
So does anyone know what the recommendation is on gyms ?
Do we keep to our fitness schedules or avoid them as breeding ground for germs ?
Local authorities have different recommendations depending on the extent of the virus in that specific area and the health conditions of each person, I believe. In my case, there are 100 confirmed cases one county over, and I have diabetes; high blood pressure; severe allergies, which sometimes benefit from antihistamines and corticosteroids; scarred lungs; and a few other assorted conditions. The governor suggests I stay in as much as possible for now. I mean, he didn't personally call me :lol:, but it is still what he would prefer, according to the medical office that called me. So I am being cooperative. I also do work near a number of elderly, immune-compromised people.

My personal take is that if there are no reported confirmed cases nearby and you have no serious health conditions or immunity issues that put you at special risk, I would think keeping up fitness is a benefit to oneself and the community. But if several in your area are confirmed and you are at risk for a serious reaction, you do yourself and the community a favor to keep from being out in the mix too much, if that is what authorities are asking you to do there. I don't think they mind if we all get sick and then recover--they are just trying to keep us from all getting sick at once (since it moves fast and is too new for us to have immunity yet), and they don't want to hide risks from the particularly vulnerable. The line between panic and being responsible to oneself and others is a fine line in one respect, but still has a huge gray area for all such questions according to one's location and circumstances.

At this point, I think the biggest risk to health is the possible heart attack of the people who are checking their stock portfolios today. Best not to look. Just let it ride. For one's own health. :wink:
-Jeff (AS10/P30i)

Accounts to put on the foe list: Me. I often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

babydinosnoreless

Post by babydinosnoreless » Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:59 am

zonker wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:05 am
babydinosnoreless wrote:
chunkyfrog wrote:
i've got a bit of a cold that i'm getting over. i haven't been to the pool during this. but once i stopped sniffling, i'm going back.

i'm in a group that does water exercise. it's a small pool and we bob pretty close to each other. but i figure that, hell, there's a shower available, so just soap up afterwards, eh? :lol:

Lol. Yeah safest place to be, in the water right ? I skipped yesterday I may go back Thursday. Will see how this whole thing goes. I did make a grocery run for milk and bread. This is what my Walmart looks like.

nicholasjh1

Post by nicholasjh1 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:40 am

palerider wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 1:43 am
Lifeisabeach wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 12:31 am
palerider wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 12:09 am
Lifeisabeach wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 10:00 pm
It's ok to use tap water, but you have to be meticulous about keeping the water chamber clean to avoid mineral deposit buildup.
Actually, cleaning it every month or two is fine, depending on how fast the mineral buildup happens. People all over the world use tap water.
I've had pink slime build up much faster than that... in about a week or so. Of course it could have been my particular water source at the time, which was store-bought distilled water actually. But when I say being "meticulous" in cleaning, I mean more meticulous than I am, because I'm horribly lax even if I know what I should be doing. The water I use now, which is purified-on-demand, has made me even more lax since I never have any residue or buildup. Ever.
"pink slime" is caused by an airborne bacteria, serratia marcescens, not from the water, and has nothing at all to do with mineral buildup.
I've had the same issue with one source of distilled water and it happens everytime with that water...(note don't buy generic distilled water from Sprouts) Clearly it's a vector. it may not be "pink slime" though... there are other pink growths, I actually found what it was years ago, but google is not cooperating, apparently there is a meme about Pink slime that is filling all google results right now. :lol: I think it starts with a "T".
Instead of Sleep apnea it should be called "Sleep deprivation, starving of oxygen, being poisoned by high CO2 levels, damaging the body and brain while it's supposed to be healing so that you constantly get worse and can never get healthy Apnea"

roadcycler

Post by roadcycler » Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:07 pm

OK the governor here has also banned me from social gatherings, so sitting here going slowly stir crazy. With that in mind I came up with an epiphany! The reason the stock market is collapsing is that there is a run on toilet paper, people are selling their stocks and getting one dollar bills just in case.

babydinosnoreless

Post by babydinosnoreless » Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:27 pm

roadcycler wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:07 pm
OK the governor here has also banned me from social gatherings, so sitting here going slowly stir crazy. With that in mind I came up with an epiphany! The reason the stock market is collapsing is that there is a run on toilet paper, people are selling their stocks and getting one dollar bills just in case.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:38 pm

babydinosnoreless wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:27 pm
roadcycler wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:07 pm
:lol: :lol: :lol:
When IT hits the Fan, you won't need Toilet Paper, Maybe a water hose! :wink: Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

colomom

Post by colomom » Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:11 pm

In an emotional Facebook post, Dr. Daniele Macchini, an Intensive Care Unit physician in Bergamo, Italy warns of the true nature and danger of Covid -19.
https://www.thelocal.it/20200311/hospit ... s-outbreak

Here are some excerpts from his Facebook post:
"After much thought about whether and what to write about what is happening to us, I felt that silence was not responsible.
I will therefore try to convey to people far from our reality what we are living in Bergamo in these days of Covid-19 pandemic. I understand the need not to create panic, but when the message of the dangerousness of what is happening does not reach people, I shudder.
I myself watched with some amazement the reorganization of the entire hospital in the past week, when our current enemy was still in the shadows: the wards slowly "emptied", elective activities were interrupted, intensive care were freed up to create as many beds as possible.
All this rapid transformation brought an atmosphere of silence and surreal emptiness to the corridors of the hospital that we did not yet understand, waiting for a war that was yet to begin and that many (including me) were not sure would come with such ferocity.
I still remember my night call a week ago when I was waiting for the results of a swab. When I think about it, my anxiety over one possible case seems almost ridiculous and unjustified, now that I've seen what's happening. Well, the situation now is dramatic to say the least.
The war has literally exploded and battles are uninterrupted day and night. Now, the need for beds has arrived in all its drama...
Cases are multiplying, they arrive at a rate of 15-20 admissions per day all for the same reason.
The results of the swabs now come one after the other: positive, positive, positive. Suddenly the ER is collapsing.
Reasons for entry are always the same: fever and breathing difficulties, fever and cough, respiratory failure. Radiology reports always the same: bilateral interstitial pneumonia, bilateral interstitial pneumonia, bilateral interstitial pneumonia. All to be hospitalized.
Some are already to be intubated and go to intensive care. For others it's too late... Every ventilator becomes like gold: those in operating theatres that have now suspended their non-urgent activity become intensive care beds that did not exist before...
Doctors who move beds and transfer patients, who administer therapies instead of nurses. Nurses with tears in their eyes because we can't save everyone, and the vital parameters of several patients at the same time reveal an already marked destiny.
There are no more shifts, no more hours. Social life is suspended for us. We no longer see our families for fear of infecting them. Some of us have already become infected despite the protocols.
Some of our colleagues who are infected also have infected relatives and some of their relatives are already struggling between life and death.
So be patient, you can't go to the theatre, museums or the gym. Try to have pity on the myriad of old people you could exterminate."