Breathing disturbances still causing awakenings?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
nicholasjh1

Re: Breathing disturbances still causing awakenings?

Post by nicholasjh1 » Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:11 pm

Exactly Zonker, and for me it least it's consistently reduced my overall apnea load. Of course LIkely I'll always be on the mask, but just sleeping through the night is great. I suggest just buying black pepper corns, 2 orders of magnitude cheaper then buying curcumin with piperine.
Instead of Sleep apnea it should be called "Sleep deprivation, starving of oxygen, being poisoned by high CO2 levels, damaging the body and brain while it's supposed to be healing so that you constantly get worse and can never get healthy Apnea"

nee

Post by nee » Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:31 pm

nicholasjh1 wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:11 pm
Exactly Zonker, and for me it least it's consistently reduced my overall apnea load. Of course LIkely I'll always be on the mask, but just sleeping through the night is great. I suggest just buying black pepper corns, 2 orders of magnitude cheaper then buying curcumin with piperine.
This is interesting! How much do you take, approximately?

nicholasjh1

Post by nicholasjh1 » Fri Jan 31, 2020 4:37 pm

2 pills of these https://www.amazon.com/Himalaya-Turmeri ... 4&sr=8-198 at night with 10 black pepper corns,
and 1 scoop of this in the morninghttps://www.amazon.com/Garden-Life-Organics-Rec ... 135&sr=8-5

Heres a similar pill at a good price if you want to bypass pepper corns: https://www.amazon.com/Turmeric-Bioperi ... 94&sr=8-41

Here's a good article about dosage. the Arthritis one is for inflamation so that one makes sense. Note that's the extract - curcumin not tumeric. Note the warning against low blood sugar for diabetes is only because it makes your blood sugars better so you might not need as much insulin.
https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/tu ... 't-take-it
Instead of Sleep apnea it should be called "Sleep deprivation, starving of oxygen, being poisoned by high CO2 levels, damaging the body and brain while it's supposed to be healing so that you constantly get worse and can never get healthy Apnea"

zonker

Post by zonker » Fri Jan 31, 2020 6:50 pm

nicholasjh1 wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:11 pm
thanks for this and the follow up post with nee.
people say i'm self absorbed.
but that's enough about them.
Oscar-Win
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1-Win64.exe
Oscar-Mac
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1.dmg

Rob K

Post by Rob K » Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:00 pm

Dang, I stopped by work briefly on my day off and got talked into working for 6 hours. Now I will post some charts. Pugsy I'm thinking you are right on several different things causing arousals which add up to be a significant pain in the butt. I'm remembering around 6-10 per night but looking at flow rate I'm seeing much more than that. We are sounding pretty similar.

It looks like and seems like and maybe waking do to a number of things including: breathing disturbances, pain, body temp, room temp, eating certain foods, REM awakenings, maybe outside disturbances, cpap equipment annoyance, and most of all I wake up not knowing why which brought me to look more into flow rate charts.

This didn't use to bother me but starting to see a pattern of not sleeping well with eating these foods around dinner time. Pizza, cookies and soda. My poor sister has a chocolate sensitivity. Makes her feel bad. I haven't been strong enough to test that one. lol

Probably also time to study up on sleep maintenance again and see what I missed.

Rob K

Post by Rob K » Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:04 pm

It seems the leak rate chart is a good indicator of how erratic things are. It looks like the leak rate changes with irregular breathing, pressure changes and body movements.

I'm having a hard time deciding where to zoom in on the flow rate chart and post images. I cant show it all and there is so much throughout the whole night that doesn't look normal. Figured I'd use the Jan 28th night that I posted earlier for further reference because it's pretty typical night.

Last edited by Rob K on Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Rob K

Post by Rob K » Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:19 pm

I get quite a few of these through the night. breathing is real shallow or flat lines but not long enough to get flagged. Pretty sure they aren't much to worry about as long as it doesn't cause arousal. Machine finally decides to bump up the pressure for a while.

Chart #3

Attachments
brief flatlines.png
brief flatlines.png (66.17 KiB) Viewed 661 times
Last edited by Rob K on Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Rob K

Post by Rob K » Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:27 pm

This looks like an awake period that got flagged with a couple OA's. Machine increased the pressure. On the right not sure what that is will zoom it.

Chart #4

Attachments
awake flagged.png
awake flagged.png (65.07 KiB) Viewed 660 times
Last edited by Rob K on Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Rob K

Post by Rob K » Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:34 pm

Zoomed in on the right disturbance. Looks like shallow breathing and awakening. Flat lined a bit. Not sure if breathing caused the awakening or if the whole period is being awake starting with the shallow breathing.

Chart #5

Attachments
shallow awake.png
shallow awake.png (55.07 KiB) Viewed 660 times
Last edited by Rob K on Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rob K

Post by Rob K » Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:41 pm

What do you make of stuff like this? Arousals or asleep? I see a lot of it. Definitely not normal. Probably not concerning.

Chart #6

Attachments
awake or not.png
awake or not.png (63.92 KiB) Viewed 660 times
Last edited by Rob K on Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rob K

Post by Rob K » Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:50 pm

I see this pretty often where breathing flat lines before the arousal. I wonder if the flat line causes arousal or if I hold my breath upon awakening.

Chart #7

Attachments
flatline awake.png
flatline awake.png (57.27 KiB) Viewed 660 times
Last edited by Rob K on Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rob K

Post by Rob K » Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:56 pm

Definite normal breathing followed by an arousal there on the right. I skipped a lot of things and only made it halfway through the night with the charts I've posted. There is a ton more going on the second half of the night.

Chart #8

Attachments
arousal.png
arousal.png (61.08 KiB) Viewed 660 times
Last edited by Rob K on Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Rob K

Post by Rob K » Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:00 pm

Definite obstructive. Normal breathing followed by 10 seconds or more of flat line.

Chart #9

Attachments
obstructive.png
obstructive.png (57.83 KiB) Viewed 660 times
Last edited by Rob K on Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rob K

Post by Rob K » Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:05 pm

Looks like flat line that wasn't long enough to get flagged but caused arousal none the less.

Chart #10

Attachments
breathing arousal.png
breathing arousal.png (59.07 KiB) Viewed 660 times
Last edited by Rob K on Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rob K

Post by Rob K » Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:11 pm

I see this breathing pattern a fair amount. No idea whats going on there. Some crazy stuff. That's why I wish I had more details for interpretation. Could it be gasping?

Chart #11

Attachments
odd breathing.png
odd breathing.png (61.01 KiB) Viewed 660 times
Last edited by Rob K on Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.