OSCAR Suggestions & Bug reporting

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
A KLERK

Re: OSCAR Suggestions & Bug reporting

Post by A KLERK » Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:44 am

BlueDragon wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:01 pm
First move the entire OSCAR_Data directory to somewhere on your hard disk instead of in the iCloud drive. Then open a command window, navigate to where the OSCAR program is installed (C:\Program Files\Oscar for 64-bit or C:\Program Files (x86)\Oscar). Then start OSCAR by typing the command "oscar --datadir xx". Click "no" on the question whether it is ok to use the "xx" folder and navigate to the folder where you moved your data to. OSCAR will remember that folder the next time you start OSCAR.
(Those instructions are for Windows. You can do the same thing on other operating systems but OSCAR will have been installed somewhere else.)
This is a fine, comprehensive explanation that should be on the OSCAR wiki! Are you a wiki editor?
Could you also write in that style how to zip pack and send an SD-card over WeTransfer to someone?

Looking for MORE translators!

A KLERK

Post by A KLERK » Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:52 am

Dog Slobber wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 3:17 pm
When importing data, the import should do a machine serial number comparison between the current user and the data about to be imported.

If they are different, issue a Serial numbers are different, are you sure warning, before proceeding.

I currently manage data for my own machine and my sister-in-laws machine. I would just hate to clobber my data with months of her data, or vice versa. A check like this would greatly reduce the potential for this to happen.
You can always delete the wrongly imported data, simply by choosing: Data/Advanced/Purge ALL CPAP Data/your sister's machine

2020-01-21_14h50_28.png
2020-01-21_14h50_28.png (16.41 KiB) Viewed 13006 times
Arie Klerk: Member of the Dutch Apnea Patients Association staff (https://www.apneuvereniging.nl) and proud to be Translations Team Coordinator for OSCAR on ApneaBoard.com
Looking for MORE translators!

palerider

Post by palerider » Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:19 am

A KLERK wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:45 am
Jay Aitchsee wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:20 am
slowriter wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 1:48 pm
I can't edit the override y-axis config for the FL overview to a value below 1
Did you try entering discrete values rather than using the up/down arrows?
Far better would be to have Autoscaling on 'all' graphs... And af course, 'live' when zooming!
Autoscaling is brain dead currently, working autoscaling would be nice, but, also, confusing as things jump up and down in size.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

slowriter

Post by slowriter » Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:59 am

Not sure if this is an already reported bug, since there's no public issue tracker for me to check, but:

On the version I built from the gitlab master on Linux recently (3be691f2), any changes I make to the "overview" tab do not persist, even within the same session.

E.g if I turn off the session times graph, go to "settings", and then return to overview, that graph is on again.

BlueDragon

Post by BlueDragon » Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:56 am

slowriter wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:59 am
On the version I built from the gitlab master on Linux recently (3be691f2), any changes I make to the "overview" tab do not persist, even within the same session.

E.g if I turn off the session times graph, go to "settings", and then return to overview, that graph is on again.
I see that saying OK to the Preferences Dialog changes the layout on the Overview page but the same thing does not happen to the Daily graphs. I will log this as an issue.

Good catch! Thanks for reporting this.

OSCAR 1.5.1 is the latest release.
OSCAR Team
ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto, F&P Brevida.
FlashAir SD and FlashPap for data transfer.

slowriter

Post by slowriter » Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:07 pm

BlueDragon wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:56 am
I see that saying OK to the Preferences Dialog changes the layout on the Overview page but the same thing does not happen to the Daily graphs.
Right; it resets the layout.

slowriter

Post by slowriter » Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:18 pm

Not sure if this has ever come up, but how about using OBS to package OSCAR for linux, and so get wider distro coverage?

https://en.opensuse.org/Portal:Build_Service

I only came across this through another project (darktable), which uses it to distribute release, stable snapshot, and master snapshot (every commit) builds across debian, ubuntu, fedora and opensuse.

I'm fine with building myself from source, but it could make it easier for linux folks.

slowriter

Post by slowriter » Tue Feb 04, 2020 4:24 pm

I just built from master again, after about a week (I last updated when the Dreem importer was added), and have a few problems.

First, I was greeted with a request to update the database. This didn't work too smoothly, as I had to do it more than once.

Second, the data displayed after that is now screwed up, even after I purged the machine data and re-imported from SD card. Specifically, it's reporting the incorrect mode, and also is giving me the warning that "All settings shown below are based on assumptions that nothing has changed since previous days." This warning appears on every day.

Third, as I reported on AB, I can't take a screenshot to show #2.

Fedora 31. Have not any any of these problems before.

Jas_williams

Post by Jas_williams » Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:14 am

Hop over AB there were a whole load of changes pushed recently (last few days) to the Resmed loaders seems like there is a few niggles to work out. I guess the latest head needs more work, that’s the problem with pulling the bleeding edge version of code. Revert to your previous version and restore your backed up data.... I assumed this thread was for released versions not head pulls from the source

slowriter

Post by slowriter » Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:48 am

Since there's no public issue tracker, I literally have no idea where I'm supposed to report issues.

BlueDragon

Post by BlueDragon » Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:50 pm

slowriter wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:48 am
Since there's no public issue tracker, I literally have no idea where I'm supposed to report issues.
Anything you report here, or on the AB software forum, will make it into the private OSCAR issue tracker or to the relevant developer. I had the same experiences you noted in 1) and 2) and those issues are being worked on.

Has the screen shot worked for you before on your OS and computer? I.e., is this something that has broken in the most recent build? Does View/Take Screenshot work? Does it present a dialog about where to save the screenshot?

OSCAR 1.5.1 is the latest release.
OSCAR Team
ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto, F&P Brevida.
FlashAir SD and FlashPap for data transfer.

palerider

Post by palerider » Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:41 pm

BlueDragon wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:50 pm
slowriter wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:48 am
Anything you report here, or on the AB software forum, will make it into the private OSCAR issue tracker or to the relevant developer. I had the same experiences you noted in 1) and 2) and those issues are being worked on.

Has the screen shot worked for you before on your OS and computer? I.e., is this something that has broken in the most recent build? Does View/Take Screenshot work? Does it present a dialog about where to save the screenshot?
Also, please always note what commit number you're talking about, because things can change *daily* (sometimes even more often)

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

bonjour

Post by bonjour » Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:28 am

Getting input from users, and reporting issues is wht this thread is a sticky. Thanks to the forum management forum for that. As mentioned anything in this thread ot the Software Forum on AB ie read and very seriously considered for implementation. In fact, many of the new features and issues that have and are being worked on have come from outside the OSCAR team and most of those from here and AB.
Getting the ResMed worked out is the biggest thing we need to complete prior to the next release (When it is ready). FYI Beta1 does seem stable.

palerider

Post by palerider » Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:29 am

bonjour wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:28 am
In fact, many of the new features and issues that have and are being worked on have come from outside the OSCAR team and most of those from here and AB.
This is one of the huge differences between Oscar and sleepyhead.

SH was an exercise in stroking Mr Watkins ego.

Oscar is driven by what YOU, the end user wants and needs.

slowriter

Post by slowriter » Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:36 pm

palerider wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:41 pm
Also, please always note what commit number you're talking about, because things can change *daily* (sometimes even more often)
Right; my bad.

I think the commit I was reporting was:

c83de24dec85bc57f29621fcd945be9e44ef6079

... and the previous build, where I did not have this problem, was:

ad9ac16f80d296b40aba4f5a6c97433b9639dc60