My father passed away from sleep apnea and I don't want to so I am using BiLevel Aircurve 10 VAuto for the first time

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
RLMMG

Re: My father passed away from sleep apnea and I don't want to so I am using BiLevel Aircurve 10 VAuto for the first tim

Post by RLMMG » Wed Dec 25, 2019 8:43 pm

Thank You everyone for your feedback even PR I really do appreciate positive feedback

I am new but been reading so I heard from others and people here that the form cushions wear out quickly but can be extended by using a sock or covering by more than doubling the time. The sock when I cut it didn't bother me at all and was less itchy. I liked it and didn't have any leaks prior to sleeping only in the night. To me 30 a month times 12 is $360 a year and if I can cut that in half or more I think it is well worth it as long as it don't impact the treatment. Last night I used it for the first time and being at a perfect score was wonderful to see but I was concerned with the air leaks until I heard from you. So basically as long as its below 35 I am pretty good to continue. The neck collar also has helped so much to. To be at severe 2 weeks ago and using this machine to be a zero last night is awesome Christmas Gift.

Thank You Again

RLMMG

Re: My father passed away from sleep apnea and I don't want to so I am using BiLevel Aircurve 10 VAuto for the first tim

Post by RLMMG » Thu Dec 26, 2019 8:22 am

screenshot-20191226-091637.png
screenshot-20191226-091637.png (97.17 KiB) Viewed 1342 times
Wow I haven't sleep like this in years. This is something else. It seems I have the perfect settings. The night before being Christmas I was woke up by an over excited 7 year old and 15 year old twin sons. So to show I sleep over 10 hours is something I have never done. Just hope that this tired feeling goes away as I shouldn't be yawning in my opinion but I do understand that it will take awhile to repair my body but to have an ahi of .02 I am beyond happy about.

Miss Emerita

Post by Miss Emerita » Thu Dec 26, 2019 10:59 am

Nice! And you're right: you will need to be patient. Feeling better can be gradual and can take a while.
Oscar software is available at https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR/

jim22

Post by jim22 » Thu Dec 26, 2019 4:29 pm

Now that chart looks really good! No sign of leaks, very few events. Nice!

For fun, you can zoom in on those events to see exactly what happened with the flow, breath by breath. I frequently stop breathing for up to about 20 seconds, i think they are mini-centrals, they are usually just after a deeper breath. They just are what they are as long as they are short.
Jim

Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset, Swift FX nasal pillows mask

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Thu Dec 26, 2019 5:07 pm

jim22 wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 4:29 pm
For fun, you can zoom in on those events to see exactly what happened with the flow, breath by breath.
RLMMG wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 8:22 am
RLMMG
---->
To zoom in easily and quickly, first, click the Events tab. A list of your events will drop down. Click on any one of the events, and the program will zoom the line graph to a proper level for viewing.

RLMMG

Post by RLMMG » Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:58 pm

Thank You everyone thats a useful thing I didn't even know that I could zoom in. Since trying to figure out the charts better

RLMMG

Post by RLMMG » Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:38 am

I just wanted to share this my Father and now my Father in Law last week passed away. I have 3 children identical twin sons 15 years old and a daughter 7 years old so they now lost both Grandfathers in 5 months. Here is my Father in Law https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/2062...ert-decker

My journey into CPAP was that I wanted to improve my quality of Life and be here for my children hopefully a long time. Well Thank You to everyone. Last night was the second night in a row of 0 AHI and considering I was severe at the in hospital Sleep Study in November is truly a blessing. My life is truly getting better each day and I am noticing other health benefits. Some I didn't expect such as I always had IBS and since treat even that has been better.

I attached my last 2 nights of my sleep and last night was the first time were I woke up but simple just went back to sleep

Thank You Again and I am committed to passing it forward from what I learn here
screenshot-20200124-071144.png
screenshot-20200124-071144.png (84.36 KiB) Viewed 1249 times
screenshot-20200124-071135.png
screenshot-20200124-071135.png (84.58 KiB) Viewed 1249 times

Miss Emerita

Post by Miss Emerita » Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:53 am

I'm sorry to hear that your father-in-law has passed. This is a hard time for you, I'm sure. I am equally sure, though, that you are drawing much-needed strength from the results of your remarkably successful apnea therapy. And how wonderful that you now can just go back to sleep after you wake up during the night!
Oscar software is available at https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR/

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:58 am

I am so sorry to hear about yet another loss for you and your family. Prayers and hugs heading your way.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

D.H.

Post by D.H. » Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:23 pm

First of all, I'm very sorry for your loss. I hope you will protect yourself from the same fate and set a good example for your children to follow, especially in this regard.

I did hear that it is possible to travel to Thailand, see a doc, get a test, get a machine, see the doc for followup, all one visit for a lot less than you pay in the US. I'm not aware of a closer place where you can do this, or at least one in a nearer time zone. You would be responsible for airfare and accomodations where you're not in the lab.

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:44 pm

D.H. wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:23 pm
I did hear that it is possible to travel to Thailand, see a doc, get a test, get a machine, see the doc for followup, all one visit for a lot less than you pay in the US.
:roll:

jimbud

Post by jimbud » Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:26 pm

ChicagoGranny wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:44 pm
D.H. wrote:
I did hear that it is possible to travel to Thailand, see a doc, get a test, get a machine, see the doc for followup, all one visit for a lot less than you pay in the US.
:roll:
by D.H.
Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:52 pm
I don't know anything about it, so this is neither a recommendation or a dis-recommendation.

palerider

Post by palerider » Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:00 pm

D.H. wrote:
I did hear
I did hear that D.H. posts all sorts of ridiculous stuff,

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.