Nasal pillow mask and side sleepers

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
tedtomato

Re: Nasal pillow mask and side sleepers

Post by tedtomato » Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:24 pm

I was using a Resmed Mirage FX until recently, but had more leaks when sleeping on the side.

I am now using a Resmed N20: because of the hard frame at the front around the cushion, and also the cushion much smaller than the Mirage FX (comparing medium sizes), the N20 is much more accommodating to side sleepers and fewer leaks.

booksfan

Post by booksfan » Fri Dec 20, 2019 1:25 pm

I am a restless side and stomach sleeper. I use the Bleep. I have been using it for 9+ months. That is the longest I have used any mask on this almost 2-year journey into CPAP, and I have tried/used over a dozen other masks! That is because it is the first mask that has really worked for me. My previous mask, that I "settled" for, was the Pilairo Q. Both that and the Nuance Pro I could use on my side, but I had to constantly adjust throughout the night (back head straps are a major issue for me), leading to multiple arousals/wake ups during the night. YMMV

Mask: Bleep Eclipse/Halos
Machine: ResMed AirSense 11 AutoSet

Bobby269

Post by Bobby269 » Sun Dec 22, 2019 12:33 pm

I sleep on my side and I'm able to use either the P30I or the N30i. The P10 will also work. :|

Additional Comments: Set to Apap 14.00/20. EPR 3, Climate line hose, Oscar for Mac 1.1.0. Betta.1

ragtopcircus

Post by ragtopcircus » Sun Dec 22, 2019 1:16 pm

My wife and I both use the P30i. It is similar time the P10 but with the hose on top of your head like the Dreamwear.

I sleep on my side almost all the time. My wife rolls between he back and side all night.