Anyone have a P30i size small cushion for sale?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
2kittymom

Anyone have a P30i size small cushion for sale?

Post by 2kittymom » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:07 am

I’ve been wearing the Resmed AirFit mask for quite a while now. I had been wearing the N30i size medium cushions, and loved this mask more than any other I ever wore. Just recently tried the N30i cushion, size small, and found that it fits much better. I have tried the P30i cushions, size medium, and never could really get used to them. Now I’d like to try a size small in the P30i. I had a bad sore on my nose and the doctor thought the cpap cushion caused it. The P30i cushion wouldn’t touch that spot. Don’t want to pay full price, in case it doesn’t even fit well. Thought perhaps someone on here has one.

Dog Slobber

Re: Anyone have a P30i size small cushion for sale?

Post by Dog Slobber » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:27 am

Changing size might help, but the sore might just be a blister and be unavoidable.

When I first switched to Nasal Pillows, I got two sores under my nostrils. They lasted for a few days, I treated them with Lansinoh Lanolin. Later I had to take a break from Nasal Pillows while recovering from a a septoplasty. When I resumed with Nasal Pillows, once again, the blisters returned.

A fairly common complains with Nasal Pillows is blisters, the skin toughens up, and then you're good.

2kittymom

Post by 2kittymom » Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:34 pm

My problem started out as blisters, but they were above the nostrils. I put that lanolin stuff on them, and even tried an antibiotic salve. Within a couple of days, I had the ugliest blood red sore, and went to the ENT. The dr thought it was caused from the cpap mask cushion. I used a gauze over it until it healed, which took a long time. When the scab finally fell off, it left a deep scar, which is still very noticeable. The top of the N30i cushion rests on that spot, which is why I thought the P30i would be better, as it doesn’t touch that spot. However, the medium size P30i isn’t as comfortable as the N30i. And, as I mentioned before, the size small in the N30i fits even better - which I didn’t realized until I’d been using the medium size for many months. I don’t want to have to give up the mask, as it’s the best I’ve ever tried, and I’ve tried a ton!

Okie bipap

Post by Okie bipap » Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:15 pm

I had a similar problem when I first started. The RT I was working with recommended I get some moleskin. I would cut a piece and put it on my nose every night. She said that is what her husband did for his nose. It worked quite well until I found a mask that worked better for me. I no longer the moleskin. You can find moleskin at Walmart or any major drug store in the foot care area. Once I decided to use it every night, I ordered it on line in large rolls which was much cheaper than the small packages at Walmart.

Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional.

aurora

Post by aurora » Sat Dec 21, 2019 10:45 am

Just a question, why stick the moleskin to your face rather than sticking it to the mask? If one’s skin is sensitive the adhesive being applied and removed might cause issues.

And to twokittymom: are you still looking for a p30i small cushion? I might have one, but it’s like the one I tried for one night and I can’t confirm until early January.

Machine: Resmed Airsense 10
Mask: Resmed Airfit N30i
Masks Tried: Airfit N20, Airfit P30i, Dreamwear Nasal

TonyG

Post by TonyG » Sat Dec 21, 2019 11:36 am

2kittymom wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:07 am
I’ve been wearing the Resmed AirFit mask for quite a while now. I had been wearing the N30i size medium cushions, and loved this mask more than any other I ever wore. Just recently tried the N30i cushion, size small, and found that it fits much better. I have tried the P30i cushions, size medium, and never could really get used to them. Now I’d like to try a size small in the P30i. I had a bad sore on my nose and the doctor thought the cpap cushion caused it. The P30i cushion wouldn’t touch that spot. Don’t want to pay full price, in case it doesn’t even fit well. Thought perhaps someone on here has one.

Sent you a PM on this.