Humidifier/water usage; help me understand "events"

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
cpap450

Re: Humidifier/water usage; help me understand "events"

Post by cpap450 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:05 pm

A couple updates.

First, my events/hour decreased last night to 3.2, lowest number yet. I won't be super aggressive fretting about what my number is if it's below 5.

Second though, my water tank was full this morning. I'm emptying and cleaning the tank daily, and the full/empty pattern continues - No water is gone one morning, all water gone the next. My nostrils and mouth feel consistently good every morning though.

I was going to share the data from the unit, but there is no SD card in it, and I called the supplier from whom I got it - and they're an approved supplier recommended to me by my sleep doctor, who is with a major hospital in the area - and that's standard. "We don't include the SD card," they said, because "the machine just passes along the data wirelessly."

Because I feel great, and because this seems to be working so well, I'm not very worried.

On the other hand, I don't like it when results don't meet expectations, and this behavior is unusual.

Is there software that can grab more than just the "name/rank/serial number" transmissions from the machine?

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:00 pm

cpap450 wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:05 pm
A couple updates.

First, my events/hour decreased last night to 3.2, lowest number yet. I won't be super aggressive fretting about what my number is if it's below 5.

Second though, my water tank was full this morning. I'm emptying and cleaning the tank daily, and the full/empty pattern continues - No water is gone one morning, all water gone the next. My nostrils and mouth feel consistently good every morning though.

I was going to share the data from the unit, but there is no SD card in it, and I called the supplier from whom I got it - and they're an approved supplier recommended to me by my sleep doctor, who is with a major hospital in the area - and that's standard. "We don't include the SD card," they said, because "the machine just passes along the data wirelessly."

Because I feel great, and because this seems to be working so well, I'm not very worried.

On the other hand, I don't like it when results don't meet expectations, and this behavior is unusual.

Is there software that can grab more than just the "name/rank/serial number" transmissions from the machine?

IF you would have read the first post on the page as suggested, you would have learned about OSCAR Software.

palerider

Post by palerider » Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:26 pm

cpap450 wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:05 pm
A couple updates.

Well, as long as you're happy (under 5) with the equivalent of someone poking you with a sharp stick every 12 minutes (that's an AHI of 5) ... then go with it.

Most of us don't feel out best till the AHI is under TWO.

Last edited by palerider on Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Get OSCAR

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

cpap450

Post by cpap450 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:57 pm

LSAT wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:00 pm
IF you would have read the first post on the page as suggested, you would have learned about OSCAR Software.
  1. I read the first post on the page.
  2. Likely better than you've read my posts.
  3. viewtopic.php?f=1&t=177600#p1330466 - point 4 - mentions that I have the OSCAR software installed on my home computer
  4. The "I was going to share" paragraph from viewtopic/t177600/Humidifierwater-usage ... 5#p1330615 mentions that my CPAP unit does not have an SD card - just an empty slot
  5. The same paragraph - you have to read the whole thing, so sorry - mentions that the provider of my machine knowingly issues them without SD cards
  6. My question was seeking a recommendation of software with the capability of reading the wireless transmission from my CPAP unit, to get more than just the events/hour, mask time, "big picture" data.
  7. Does OSCAR have this capability? I am not finding it in OSCAR's online help or anywhere else.
  8. Or put another way, is there any way of getting the detailed information OSCAR provides, by a transfer medium other than SD card, since my machine doesn't have one? Or is the only way for me to get an SD card for the machine?
I appreciate the fast and numerous responses my post generated, and I value all the information on this site, that I've extensively perused even before registering.

But I don't think that bite and snark aimed at someone who has been using CPAP for less than a week enhances the experience for anyone.

palerider

Post by palerider » Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:51 pm

cpap450 wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:57 pm
Or put another way, is there any way of getting the detailed information OSCAR provides, by a transfer medium other than SD card, since my machine doesn't have one? Or is the only way for me to get an SD card for the machine?[/list]
Get an SD card, they're not expensive.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Dog Slobber

Post by Dog Slobber » Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:55 pm

cpap450 wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:57 pm

[*]The same paragraph - you have to read the whole thing, so sorry - mentions that the provider of my machine knowingly issues them without SD cards
This is a trend a few people are reporting about their DMEs. I don't like it.

My question was seeking a recommendation of software with the capability of reading the wireless transmission from my CPAP unit, to get more than just the events/hour, mask time, "big picture" data.
No software does that. Your machine connects to the ResMed servers and transmits the data via Cellular. SleepyHead/OSCAR via SD Card is how we get access to the detail data. Any SD Card will work, get the cheapest available.

You can use the Toshiba FlashAir WiFi SD Card and then get the data via WiFi.

An SD Card needs to be in the machine for the detail data to be saved and then accessible.
[*]Does OSCAR have this capability? I am not finding it in OSCAR's online help or anywhere else.
Yes, but only if an SD Card was present when the machine was being used.