SD card and slot for in laptop

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Guiniviere

SD card and slot for in laptop

Post by Guiniviere » Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:41 pm

I have just got a ResMed for Her. Forgot to check at the DME and when I got it home I found it had no card reader. Called the DME about it and was told, "Oh, you don't need it as we can read your data otherwise." I was flabbergasted and retorted, "But I can't!!" She actually seemed surprised that I might want to see my own data! Anyway, I got the card. Now I am looking to buy a new laptop and am wondering if the ResMed SD card is a standard card or a mini because I thought it would be handy to have an SD slot in the laptop (yes, believe it or not some machines do still do have SD card slots!). But I am assuming such a slot would be for a standard SD card, so if the ResMed card is a mini, I would have to get an external reader, in which case I really wouldn't need to bother searching for a laptop with built in reader. Any advice will be much appreciated...

Last edited by Guiniviere on Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dog Slobber

Re: SD card and slot for in laotop

Post by Dog Slobber » Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:52 pm

ResMed AirSense 10 and S9 devices use standard size SD cards.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:53 pm

ResMed SD cards are the standard size and not the tiny mini cards.
Most laptops will have the standard size slot for standard size SD cards.
If no slot (or the slot fails)....you can use one of the USB ports...just get an adapter/reader for the standard size SD card and plug one end into the USB port and the other end you put the SD card in.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Guiniviere

Re: SD card and slot for in laptop

Post by Guiniviere » Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:59 pm

Dog Slobber wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:52 pm
ResMed AirSense 10 and S9 devices use standard size SD cards.
Thank you, that makes things a little more simple for me...

Last edited by Guiniviere on Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Guiniviere

Post by Guiniviere » Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:07 pm

Pugsy wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:53 pm
ResMed SD cards are the standard size and not the tiny mini cards.
Most laptops will have the standard size slot for standard size SD cards.
If no slot (or the slot fails)....you can use one of the USB ports...just get an adapter/reader for the standard size SD card and plug one end into the USB port and the other end you put the SD card in.
Thank you.

You might be surprised to find how few laptops now do have these slots. In the 'olden days' when cameras had cards, the computers had to have them but now that most of us use our phone cameras, there is little need for them.

Was looking at the external readers but now I shall have one less bit of stuff to pack/look after/lose when I go snow-birding this winter...

Last edited by Guiniviere on Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:34 pm

The Airsense for her has lots of data available on your Sleep Report screen. Go into your settings and find ESSENTIALS..change the setting to PLUS. I think almost all laptops produced in the past 5+ years have had SD card slots. I looked at new laptops about 6 months ago and all that I looked at at Costco had them.

Guiniviere

Post by Guiniviere » Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:15 am

LSAT wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:34 pm
The Airsense for her has lots of data available on your Sleep Report screen. Go into your settings and find ESSENTIALS..change the setting to PLUS. I think almost all laptops produced in the past 5+ years have had SD card slots. I looked at new laptops about 6 months ago and all that I looked at at Costco had them.
Sorry to have taken so long to respond to your message - it was a bit of a learning curve to get there!

First, it took me awhile to realise I needed the clinicians' menu in order to find these 'Settings', then I had to find and download same. Anyway, I've done it now, and thank you for your help.

But even with the extra info, the events are not classified: Ca, Oa and Hypopneas, as they were with my previous Dreamstation. Is there any way to find out the Hypopneas? I was having many of them and almost no Obstructive Apneas according to DreamMapper last week...

I am beginning to wish I had stayed with my Dreamstation!

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:20 am

Guiniviere wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:15 am
But even with the extra info, the events are not classified: Ca, Oa and Hypopneas, as they were with my previous Dreamstation. Is there any way to find out the Hypopneas?
The different categories are indeed available on the LCD screen or MyAir or using available software like OSCAR from the machine but you have to go a little deeper in the report to see the breakdown into each category.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

oldmobie

Post by oldmobie » Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:13 pm

Guiniviere wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:41 pm
But I am assuming such a slot would be for a standard SD card, so if the ResMed card is a mini, I would have to get an external reader...
MicroSD cards can be read in a standard slot, you just have to use the adaptor. If you buy a micro, it'll probably come with one. One of your friends probably has an extra one they'd give you. Or you can buy one cheap online. Here's one for $1.30. You can get even cheaper ones from China, if you don't mind the wait.

Your CPAP sounds awesome! I gotta say: Mine really blows.:roll:

SDBud

Post by SDBud » Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:06 pm

Guiniviere wrote:
I have just got a ResMed for Her. Forgot to check at the DME and when I got it home I found it had no card reader. Called the DME about it and was told, "Oh, you don't need it as we can read your data otherwise." I was flabbergasted and retorted, "But I can't!!" She actually seemed surprised that I might want to see my own data! Anyway, I got the card. Now I am looking to buy a new laptop and am wondering if the ResMed SD card is a standard card or a mini because I thought it would be handy to have an SD slot in the laptop (yes, believe it or not some machines do still do have SD card slots!). But I am assuming such a slot would be for a standard SD card, so if the ResMed card is a mini, I would have to get an external reader, in which case I really wouldn't need to bother searching for a laptop with built in reader. Any advice will be much appreciated...
Standard card, but even IF it were a mini, the minis almost always come with an adapter to standard anyway.
Airsense 10 Autoset
AirTouch and AirFit F10 masks
:roll:

Guiniviere

Post by Guiniviere » Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:10 am

Pugsy wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:20 am
Guiniviere wrote:
But even with the extra info, the events are not classified: Ca, Oa and Hypopneas, as they were with my previous Dreamstation. Is there any way to find out the Hypopneas?
The different categories are indeed available on the LCD screen or MyAir or using available software like OSCAR from the machine but you have to go a little deeper in the report to see the breakdown into each category.
I can still can't find the Hypopneas so I think I shall have to bite the bullet and go for OSCAR. What a steep learning curve this confounded sleep apnea is being!

Guiniviere

Post by Guiniviere » Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:14 am

oldmobie wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:13 pm
Guiniviere wrote:
But I am assuming such a slot would be for a standard SD card, so if the ResMed card is a mini, I would have to get an external reader...
MicroSD cards can be read in a standard slot, you just have to use the adaptor. If you buy a micro, it'll probably come with one. One of your friends probably has an extra one they'd give you. Or you can buy one cheap online. Here's one for $1.30. You can get even cheaper ones from China, if you don't mind the wait.

Thank you for the interesting info but I got a card out of the DME - just need the new laptop now! In the meantime I am going to try my hand at OSCAR

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:22 am

Guiniviere wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:10 am
Pugsy wrote:
Guiniviere wrote:
I can still can't find the Hypopneas so I think I shall have to bite the bullet and go for OSCAR. What a steep learning curve this confounded sleep apnea is being!
There's a backwards way of figuring out hyponea index from the data on the LCD screen
You are given 2 out of 3 known values on the screen so by doing a little math you can figure out the 3rd value.

Example
Given AHI of say 2.9....this is the total of all 3 indexes...OA index, central index and hyponea index
Given AI of 1.2 this is the obstructive apnea index
Given Central apnea index of 0.2
So that's 1.4 total of central and obstructive apnea index..... and if you subtract that 1.4 from the total AHI you end up with the hyponea index left over and that would be 1.5 in this example.

Guiniviere

Post by Guiniviere » Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:11 am

Pugsy wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:22 am
Guiniviere wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:10 am
Pugsy wrote:
Guiniviere wrote:
There's a backwards way of figuring out hyponea index from the data on the LCD screen
You are given 2 out of 3 known values on the screen so by doing a little math you can figure out the 3rd value.

Example
Given AHI of say 2.9....this is the total of all 3 indexes...OA index, central index and hyponea index
Given AI of 1.2 this is the obstructive apnea index
Given Central apnea index of 0.2
So that's 1.4 total of central and obstructive apnea index..... and if you subtract that 1.4 from the total AHI you end up with the hyponea index left over and that would be 1.5 in this example.

Thank you for the example. Sorry for delayed response; there were 0 events recorded Friday. Last night: AHI .6; AI .5; Central .2. Therefore, .6 minus .7. Am I dead!

Wulfman...

Post by Wulfman... » Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:56 am

For anyone needing a multi-card reader, try this one. Cheaper than buying a new computer. I bought one a few years back.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Digipower-42 ... r/24389849

Den

(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05