Cpap users for 4 years still seeing restlessness anxiety and headaches

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
vkp765@yahoo.com

Cpap users for 4 years still seeing restlessness anxiety and headaches

Post by vkp765@yahoo.com » Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:20 pm

Hi fellow members,

Joined new to this group. Looks like a wealth of information here for patients like me.
I have been using cpap for the last 4 years. Im in mid 30's. I was diagnosed with severe sleep apnea about 6 years ago but ignored until 2015 when i started feeling pulsating pain on my left head and arm twitching and not so well feeling during daytime. Also im diagnosed with high bp on the same year. I decided to go with cpap treatment and it is going well so far..
But im feeling recently some anxiety at work and home. Headaches. My resmed cpap numbers seems to be fine with under 5 AHI. Btw im diagnosed with 39 AHI.
Not sure if anyone is in the same boat please help me with tips to overcome.

Note: I have been going to my bi yearly cardio appointments due to the high bp scenario and nothing abnormal found related to my cardio health.Im taking amlodipine 5mg (norvasc)
I work in a investment bank and have a moderate stressed work life..

kteague

Re: Cpap users for 4 years still seeing restlessness anxiety and headaches

Post by kteague » Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:53 pm

Hello and welcome. For starters, an AHI of no more than 5 is not an ideal goal. It may be a tolerable one (but not to many of us here) but sounds to me like your treatment is not optimized. Your machine data likely holds clues as to ways to fine tune your settings. Here's an example why the details matter... Say a person had only 1 apnea per hour, but it was of 60 second duration. Or they had a prolonged hypopnea where their oxygen was compromised. Though few, these events could be problematic. If fine tuning your settings doesn't begin to resolve your symptoms, you'll want to investigate for other possible contributors such as medicine side effects, some medical conditions, other sleep disorders such as limb movements, nutritional deficiencies, or certain mood disorders. Let's hope getting you to your personal best with your therapy will suffice.