OSCAR Suggestions & Bug reporting

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
slowriter

Re: OSCAR Suggestions & Bug reporting

Post by slowriter » Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:15 pm

palerider wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:53 pm
I'm using testing-4 built from gitlab on a thinkpad w520, running ubuntu 18.04 and the screenshot works fine. (as a data point).
Is there some build or configuration setting I may be missing? I'm default on everything AFAIK (for example, Desktop OpenGL).

Actually, graphics engine makes no difference.

BTW, I'm using Fedora 30, which generally has much newer libraries and such than Debian-based systems. So could be some library difference.

palerider

Post by palerider » Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:53 pm

slowriter wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:15 pm
palerider wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:53 pm
I'm using testing-4 built from gitlab on a thinkpad w520, running ubuntu 18.04 and the screenshot works fine. (as a data point).
Is there some build or configuration setting I may be missing? I'm default on everything AFAIK (for example, Desktop OpenGL).

Actually, graphics engine makes no difference.

BTW, I'm using Fedora 30, which generally has much newer libraries and such than Debian-based systems. So could be some library difference.
My guess would have been the graphics setting.

I didn't do anything at all special to compile it.

I will note that problems with the testing versions probably should be directed to the testing forums though :)

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

BlueDragon

Post by BlueDragon » Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:26 pm

slowriter wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:00 pm
I see the behavior in what's marked "testing-4"; eaf2081.

And it's literally a black image; completely.

On my other machine, there were also a few lines.

It's completely unusable.

Not that it's a huge practical problem, because I can use other ways to get a screenshot. Just thought you should know.
Thanks. I've logged this. What computer and which Linux version are you using?

OSCAR 1.5.1 is the latest release.
OSCAR Team
ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto, F&P Brevida.
FlashAir SD and FlashPap for data transfer.

slowriter

Post by slowriter » Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:36 pm

BlueDragon wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:26 pm
slowriter wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:00 pm
I see the behavior in what's marked "testing-4"; eaf2081.

And it's literally a black image; completely.

On my other machine, there were also a few lines.

It's completely unusable.

Not that it's a huge practical problem, because I can use other ways to get a screenshot. Just thought you should know.
Thanks. I've logged this. What computer and which Linux version are you using?
Both a DIY Ryzen-3000 based desktop and a Thinkpad X1 Carbon 7th Gen, both running Fedora 30.

Where's the testing forum?

BlueDragon

Post by BlueDragon » Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:33 pm

slowriter wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:36 pm
Where's the testing forum?
Contact Bonjour (OP of this thread) for access to the Oscar Beta Test forum.

OSCAR Team

Dog Slobber

Post by Dog Slobber » Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:07 am

Change the default Daily screen presentation to a format encouraged for posting on forums.
  • Calendar off
  • AHI pie chart off
  • Event Flags top
  • Flow Rate
  • Pressure (or Mask Pressure)
  • Leak Rate
  • Flow Limit
  • Snore
  • Side Navigation panel off
  • There is a pinned topic on how to format the screen for presentation on the forum,
  • Most new users don't read it.
  • Many prominent posters have screen formatting links in their signatures, rarely noticed.
  • New users are encouraged to read the new member pinned topics when they first post. They often don't.
  • After posting their first graph, many new users are gently reminded to read the pinned topics and and how to format graphs. Some still don't.
  • Some take many reminders, and the reminders become less gentle.
A lot of this can be avoided and new members, many of whom are not computer literate, can be avoided, by simply changing the default presentation. Apnea board has the same (or similar) formatting guidelines.

BlueDragon

Post by BlueDragon » Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:31 am

Dog Slobber wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:07 am
Change the default Daily screen presentation to a format encouraged for posting on forums.

A lot of this can be avoided and new members, many of whom are not computer literate, can be avoided, by simply changing the default presentation. Apnea board has the same (or similar) formatting guidelines.
The next release of Oscar will have default window layout as you describe, making it easier for new members to post the desired data without having to make all of those layout changes themselves.

OSCAR Team

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:11 am

BlueDragon wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:31 am
Dog Slobber wrote:

The next release of Oscar will have default window layout as you describe, making it easier for new members to post the desired data without having to make all of those layout changes themselves.
Hallelujah. :D Thank you, thank you, thank you.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

palerider

Post by palerider » Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:45 am

Dog Slobber wrote:
...good ideas...
Yup yup... see, the developer team that's working on Oscar *cares about the users* ... so, that's one of the things that's already been addressed, I forget if it was me that brought it up first, or someone else, and I (and others) agreed heartily. and so it moved onto the "let's get it done" stage.

This was one of the things that got me thrown out of sleepyhead development... thinking of you, the users. :) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

alexander

Post by alexander » Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:29 pm

I was going to suggest this, but it seems like you’re working on it already – that’s great!

Just a suggestion regarding how it’s implemented; sorry if this has been suggested already, but it could also (in addition?) be solved by implementing the “File – Export Data – Export For Review” (or similar), and have that export an image similar to an ideal screenshot? I see that this menu action is currently not implemented – what I describe might have been the intent of that menu action?

Three benefits of doing it this way:
  • The user can use whichever layout he/she wants (for Daily)
  • The exported image looks identical across different resolutions (and OS-es)
  • Less computer literate users don’t need to learn/remember how to take screenshots

Bookbear

Post by Bookbear » Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:46 pm

Hi, guys!
Is there any progress on the ability to set a date range on the Statistics report in OSCAR? Is there a date for release of the next version (not beta)?

Thanks!
Mark

BlueDragon

Post by BlueDragon » Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:41 pm

alexander wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:29 pm
I was going to suggest this, but it seems like you’re working on it already – that’s great!

Just a suggestion regarding how it’s implemented; sorry if this has been suggested already, but it could also (in addition?) be solved by implementing the “File – Export Data – Export For Review” (or similar), and have that export an image similar to an ideal screenshot? I see that this menu action is currently not implemented – what I describe might have been the intent of that menu action?

Three benefits of doing it this way:
  • The user can use whichever layout he/she wants (for Daily)
  • The exported image looks identical across different resolutions (and OS-es)
  • Less computer literate users don’t need to learn/remember how to take screenshots
That is very much on our desired enhancements list. We're focusing now on getting Oscar to work right, support desired machines, etc. This larger project of exporting an image optimized for review would probably be for a future release.

OSCAR Team

BlueDragon

Post by BlueDragon » Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:59 pm

Bookbear wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:46 pm
Is there any progress on the ability to set a date range on the Statistics report in OSCAR? Is there a date for release of the next version (not beta)?
The idea of a date range for the statistics report is on our enhancement list. We have not scheduled when that might be implemented, so work has not begun on this. I don't expect to see this in the next release.

We have not defined a date for the next release. It will depend on how work in progress goes, then how a beta test period goes, etc.. We are not ready to start beta tests yet. Without making any commitments, and just guessing, maybe towards the end of the year? Don't hold me to that!

OSCAR Team

alexander

Post by alexander » Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:04 pm

BlueDragon wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:41 pm
That is very much on our desired enhancements list. We're focusing now on getting Oscar to work right, support desired machines, etc. This larger project of exporting an image optimized for review would probably be for a future release.
Glad to hear that it’s on your list. I can imagine that it requires much less effort to change the defaults, so that’s probably more than good enough for the short term.

Another suggestion related to these changes (you might have done this already :)) is to change the default graph height from 180 to somewhere around 120.

prodigyplace

Post by prodigyplace » Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:29 pm

Perhaps some selection to set up "forum display" at least temporarily change the display with the option of reverting to a user's preferred layout.

Please visit our sponsor, CPAP.com at https://www.cpap.com/ for all your CPAP needs.