Phone call at home?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Spot123

Phone call at home?

Post by Spot123 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:04 pm

Has anyone ever gotten a robocall at home about maintaining therapy?

I just returned home from a 2.5 day business trip. I do not check bags. my laptop and files fit in a small roller bag and clothes fit in a backpack. I chose to leave the cpap machine at home to minimize the amount of weight I have to lug through the airport.

I came home to a message on my machine encouraging me to keep usage to a minimum of 4 hours per night, etc...never mind that my My Air scores were over 90 every night for a month...

When did I give them permission to call me and how do I rescind that permission?

D.H.

Re: Phone call at home?

Post by D.H. » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:08 pm

You really should not leave it behind. For me, it's unthinkable!

You certainly need to take it during the compliance period!

Jas_williams

Post by Jas_williams » Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:19 pm

Spot123 wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:04 pm
Has anyone ever gotten a robocall at home about maintaining therapy?

I just returned home from a 2.5 day business trip. I do not check bags. my laptop and files fit in a small roller bag and clothes fit in a backpack. I chose to leave the cpap machine at home to minimize the amount of weight I have to lug through the airport.

I came home to a message on my machine encouraging me to keep usage to a minimum of 4 hours per night, etc...never mind that my My Air scores were over 90 every night for a month...

When did I give them permission to call me and how do I rescind that permission?
Sounds like the Resmed MyAir coach you should use your machine every night if you can don’t winge if you get a call when you havent

Sheriff Buford

Post by Sheriff Buford » Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:55 am

Apparently, the DME is connected to your machine. Figure out what it is and get big brother outta your bedroom. The DME needs to ask this to report back to the insurance that you are in compliant. They ask me every time I reorder supplies.

Sheriff

PS: Mr. D.H.: the thread said they "chose" to leave the machine home.

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:59 am

It appears that you are way past the compliance period...Compliance is the first 90 days....Who is "them" that called you?

Spot123

Post by Spot123 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:28 am

LSAT wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:59 am
It appears that you are way past the compliance period...Compliance is the first 90 days....Who is "them" that called you?

To be honest, I hung up the minute I realized it was a robocall. So unfortunately, I'm not sure who sent it. Doubt it was DME; they play by the rules but are generally chill. I don't recall giving my home phone to Resmed but I have to log in and see if I can turn something off. Definitely Big-brother-ish. Could have been the insurance company? Are they so caring?

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:40 am

Spot123 wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:28 am
LSAT wrote:

To be honest, I hung up the minute I realized it was a robocall. So unfortunately, I'm not sure who sent it. Doubt it was DME; they play by the rules but are generally chill. I don't recall giving my home phone to Resmed but I have to log in and see if I can turn something off. Definitely Big-brother-ish. Could have been the insurance company? Are they so caring?
Just set to Airplane Mode if you are worried about anyone seeing your data.....(I don't know why anyone would want to see it)

Spot123

Post by Spot123 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:46 am

LSAT wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:40 am
Just set to Airplane Mode if you are worried about anyone seeing your data.....(I don't know why anyone would want to see it)
Don't care so much about the reporting...don't appreciate the phone call. :x

palerider

Post by palerider » Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:27 pm

LSAT wrote:
That varies with insurance company.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.