Just got a new cpap from Resmed

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
moosie

Just got a new cpap from Resmed

Post by moosie » Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:55 pm

New Resmed cpap has a heated tubing(slim line). My previous machine had unheated tubing. Do you wash this tubing differently than the non heated tubing? It seems to have a connector to the machine that does not come off. It has a metal clip that connects to the machine and am not sure whether you have to keep that connection area away from water. On my old tubing I use to connect it to the sink, fill it with water hold the tubing up on both ends and swish the water back and forth up and down the tube raising one end and lowering the other and then allow the water to escape out either end. Now I am concerned whether I should not allow water out the end with the fancy connecter that doesn't seem to be removable not to flow out that end.

Another question I have for the past 18 months I have never had a problem with my head and ears itching, For the past few months even before the change in machines my scalp itches and my ears got swollen and red. Went to the dermatologist and they gave me some steroid ointment to apply and a special shampoo for fungus/yeast. It went away and now it is back. Is there anything you can wear over your hair to prevent this from happening? I use cleaning wipes on the full face mask and straps every night. Any ideas?
Moosie

prodigyplace

Re: Just got a new cpap from Resmed

Post by prodigyplace » Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:02 pm

I , like many others here, never wash the hose.
Do you have a new mask too? Perhaps some material from the mask or your cleaning wipes is irritating your skin.

Please visit our sponsor, CPAP.com at https://www.cpap.com/ for all your CPAP needs.

moosie

Post by moosie » Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:18 pm

It started irritating my scalp before we got the new mask. I use unscented baby wipes to clean the straps and mask. What do you use to clean a full face mask?
Thanks,
Moosie

Julie

Post by Julie » Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:24 pm

Baby wipes for the silicone, mild dish soap/water once in a while (up to you) for the rest.

Do you ever use anything (hair cream, new type of soap etc) on your head that you haven't fig'd into your scalp problems?

rcobourn

Post by rcobourn » Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:18 pm

Julie wrote:Baby wipes for the silicone, mild dish soap/water once in a while (up to you) for the rest.

Do you ever use anything (hair cream, new type of soap etc) on your head that you haven't fig'd into your scalp problems?
I had this issue, and it turned out to be the shaving cream I was using, even though the irritation was occurring on my scalp, which I don't shave. Couldn't determine the ingredient causing the issue, but the cause and effect was easily repeatable. In my case, it was Cremo Original Shaving Cream. They sent me a sample of the lady's version, but it caused the same problem.

palerider

Post by palerider » Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:27 pm

moosie wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:18 pm
It started irritating my scalp before we got the new mask. I use unscented baby wipes to clean the straps and mask. What do you use to clean a full face mask?
Thanks,
Moosie
Soap and water.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

moosie

Post by moosie » Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:07 pm

Have not used anything different on my hair or face.

I called Resmed about the heated slim line tubing and they said that it was alright to get the three prong clip wet but just make sure it is dry before you use it.
They also had no idea about the scalp irritation. They said to check with a dermatologist but we already have and nothing helps. I am going to try and wash the straps in water and hypoallergenic soap. I asked Resmed whether they changed the material in the strap recently but they said no.
Moosie

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:22 pm

I never wash either hose..