Just received N30i cpap mask

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
2kittymom

Just received N30i cpap mask

Post by 2kittymom » Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:07 am

I just received my new N30i mask, and I am excited to say that Resmed has really put quality into this mask. I immediately tried it on, and the size small frame fits perfect. (They recommended the small for women). It has a springy top that adjusts to your head, the cushion is reinforced and has vent holes, and there are really nice covers in place on the sides. The elbow at the top has a quick release too. The Dreamwear mask was my absolute favorite until now. The quality put into this mask makes it much more stable than the Dreamwear. Can’t wait to go to bed tonight to wear it!

2kittymom

Re: Just received N30i cpap mask

Post by 2kittymom » Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:52 pm

Tried out the N30i last night. The little card that it comes with to measure what size cushion fits best indicated that I’d wear the small cushion. I kind of felt like I wasn’t getting much air through the little holes, but decided to wear it until early morning, at which time I switched to the medium cushion. That seemed more comfortable to me, and is the one I will wear tonight. It did take me longer to fall asleep, as the mask did feel heavier than the Dreamwear mask. The cushion is in a rigid frame, which I know keeps it stable, but I did notice it. The Dreamwear is lighter, but also flimsier. I really liked the pads that are on the sides. I did not have any indents on my cheeks this morning, which I had been getting with the Dreamwear. When I was wearing the Dreamwear mask, every time I’d put the side wrap things on, I’d end up taking them off because they seemed to cause the cushion to leak air. There were no air leaks with the N30i. I really think this will be my new favorite.

Grace~~~

Re: Just received N30i cpap mask

Post by Grace~~~ » Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:43 pm

This was a great review for me, 2kittymom. THANK YOU!

Getting and trying this mask is definitely on my to-do list! I thought it might be a little heavier.

I don't get marks on my face from the Dreamwear but I wear it VERY wrong. I actually wear the large size so that the sides are way back at my ears. The top doesn't come close to touching the top of my head. I couldn't "sit" with the mask but it works for me lying down and somehow I can get it to seal just fine.

I'm guessing I won't have as much "play" with the N30i and will probably have to wear it as directed. I doubt it will be more comfortable than the Dreamwear but if my leaks and numbers are dramatically improved that will be exciting to see.
Began XPAP May 2016. Autoset Pressure min. 8 / max 15. Ramp off. ERP set at 2. No humidity. Sleepyhead software installed and being looked at daily, though only beginning to understand the data.