Replacing a Respironics DreamStation machine

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
JerryL

Replacing a Respironics DreamStation machine

Post by JerryL » Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:25 am

I have a Respironics DreamStation CPAP machine -- the bottom-of-the-line model with no data. I am hoping that my doctor will allow me to upgrade it to an AutoPAP (or at least a Pro) model, even though I was stupid enough to already purchase the lousy model.

This model includes a humidifier. Is it detachable? If I were to purchase a new Dreamstation Auto CPAP without a humidifier, could I detach the humidifier from my current Dreamstation CPAP and attach it to the new unit?

In any event, the hose and masks I have for the old unit would work perfectly with any DreamStation unit, correct?

Additional Comments: Trying to upgrade from this "brick"!
- Jerry L.

palerider

Re: Replacing a Respironics DreamStation machine

Post by palerider » Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:33 am

JerryL wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:25 am
I have a Respironics DreamStation CPAP machine -- the bottom-of-the-line model with no data. I am hoping that my doctor will allow me to upgrade it to an AutoPAP (or at least a Pro) model, even though I was stupid enough to already purchase the lousy model.

This model includes a humidifier. Is it detachable? If I were to purchase a new Dreamstation Auto CPAP without a humidifier, could I detach the humidifier from my current Dreamstation CPAP and attach it to the new unit?

In any event, the hose and masks I have for the old unit would work perfectly with any DreamStation unit, correct?
Please keep all your questions in one thread, it'll make it easier, on all of us, you included.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:02 am

Yes...if you want to use the existing humidifier...you can and all your other stuff will work too.
The blower and humidifier are separate pieces...and interchangeable among the DreamStation model line.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

JerryL

Post by JerryL » Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:57 pm

palerider wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:33 am
Please keep all your questions in one thread, it'll make it easier, on all of us, you included.
Will do. Sorry about the duplication.
Pugsy wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:02 am
Yes...if you want to use the existing humidifier...you can and all your other stuff will work too. The blower and humidifier are separate pieces...and interchangeable among the DreamStation model line.
Excellent! Thanks.

Additional Comments: Trying to upgrade from this "brick"!
- Jerry L.