No AHI but pressure increasing?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
serabeth

Re: No AHI but pressure increasing?

Post by serabeth » Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:56 pm

Pugsy wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:18 pm
Okay...I checked EBay.
You need 4 pieces
https://www.cpap.com/productpage/pr-dre ... -parts-tab
to build your own DreamWear FFM with one cushion

Frame
Headgear
swivel elbow
cushion/insert

All can be found on EBay...roughly $73 total and that with one cushion...which is why I say the fit pack deal is so attractive.

So you don't have to wait on the RX if you don't want to and you can buy the parts of either mask if you wish and save some money building your own mask if you wish.
Thank you so much for the comparison with pics! You sold me on the dreamwear :). I found all of the parts on amazon and they were about $90 total. Much better than the $169 plus shipping price I had seen before. Hopefully it works! It said it came with all size cushions. I bought the headgear separately.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:31 am

You know I thought I saw the fit pack with no headgear thing and then when I went back to try to add things up to get total on Amazon to compare to the EBay total I couldn't find it.
Glad you found it. Saves a few bucks and you get the fit pack.
If you hate the mask...you can sell it on the forum for probably close to what you paid for it at that price. Shouldn't get hurt too much on the cost.

Now I will tell you to be patient with the adjustments. It took me 3 nights to get the tension just right so that it didn't leak when I moved (and I move around a lot) and I have all sorts of experience trying all sorts of masks over years and years. Don't get discouraged if you have a few bumps the first couple of nights. It doesn't have to be vise grip tight to seal and stay sealed and sometimes very small changes in those straps yield huge results.

Good luck. I hope you do as well with it as I did. While it isn't my primary mask since I prefer a nasal pillow mask...it is a mask that I can sleep quite well with and would/could use if I couldn't use my pillow mask for some reason and that's saying a LOT. I am not a full face mask fan at all.
Jason has a good video on how to fit it and his thoughts on it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUwIa3xnsDQ

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

palerider

Post by palerider » Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:32 am

serabeth wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:56 pm
Pugsy wrote:
Okay...I checked EBay.
You need 4 pieces

Frame
Headgear
swivel elbow
cushion/insert

All can be found on EBay...roughly $73 total and that with one cushion...which is why I say the fit pack deal is so attractive.

So you don't have to wait on the RX if you don't want to and you can buy the parts of either mask if you wish and save some money building your own mask if you wish.
Thank you so much for the comparison with pics! You sold me on the dreamwear :). I found all of the parts on amazon and they were about $90 total. Much better than the $169 plus shipping price I had seen before. Hopefully it works! It said it came with all size cushions. I bought the headgear separately.
When you figure out what size cushion you need, buy a spare, and when the first one wears out, use the spare, and buy another spare... there's NO need to replace perfectly functioning things on any kind of schedule, those replacement schedules the DME tout are purely to increase their profits.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

serabeth

Post by serabeth » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:45 am

Pugsy wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:31 am
You know I thought I saw the fit pack with no headgear thing and then when I went back to try to add things up to get total on Amazon to compare to the EBay total I couldn't find it.
Glad you found it. Saves a few bucks and you get the fit pack.
If you hate the mask...you can sell it on the forum for probably close to what you paid for it at that price. Shouldn't get hurt too much on the cost.

Now I will tell you to be patient with the adjustments. It took me 3 nights to get the tension just right so that it didn't leak when I moved (and I move around a lot) and I have all sorts of experience trying all sorts of masks over years and years. Don't get discouraged if you have a few bumps the first couple of nights. It doesn't have to be vise grip tight to seal and stay sealed and sometimes very small changes in those straps yield huge results.

Good luck. I hope you do as well with it as I did. While it isn't my primary mask since I prefer a nasal pillow mask...it is a mask that I can sleep quite well with and would/could use if I couldn't use my pillow mask for some reason and that's saying a LOT. I am not a full face mask fan at all.
Jason has a good video on how to fit it and his thoughts on it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUwIa3xnsDQ
Yeah, I would use a nasal mask but my nasal passages collapse as soon as I lie down. Although...one unexpected benefit of my cpap mask is that when it’s on, I can somehow mostly breathe out of my nasal passages again, if I’m not too congested from allergies. So maybe in the spring or summer when I can breathe a bit easier I might try a nasal mask. Somehow being able to breathe easier before I fall asleep is making me fall asleep much faster. For most of my life, I’ve had major difficulties falling asleep, with it taking at least an hour. Now, I am somehow falling asleep in like 15-20 min, which is great.

Anyways, thank you for the tips! Hopefully it works out well.

serabeth

Post by serabeth » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:56 am

palerider wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:32 am
serabeth wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:56 pm
Pugsy wrote:
Okay...I checked EBay.
You need 4 pieces

Frame
Headgear
swivel elbow
cushion/insert

When you figure out what size cushion you need, buy a spare, and when the first one wears out, use the spare, and buy another spare... there's NO need to replace perfectly functioning things on any kind of schedule, those replacement schedules the DME tout are purely to increase their profits.
Yeah I was wondering about that...I destroyed my first mask cushion in like 2 weeks though :X. I ended up buying a pad a cheek mask liner and that protected it. I think honestly it was me constantly cleaning it each day that wore out the section that goes below my mouth. Now I don’t have to because of the liner.

palerider

Post by palerider » Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:08 pm

serabeth wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:56 am
palerider wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:32 am
Yeah I was wondering about that...I destroyed my first mask cushion in like 2 weeks though :X. I ended up buying a pad a cheek mask liner and that protected it. I think honestly it was me constantly cleaning it each day that wore out the section that goes below my mouth. Now I don’t have to because of the liner.
Overzealous cleaning is one of the great destructors of cpap equipment.

I know they tell you to rigorously scrub everything every day.... (and they want to sell you replacements all the time... hmmm).

When I was using a full face mask, I very quickly decided that all I was going to do was wipe down the cushion every day with a bit of alcohol, (not for germs, but because alcohol cleaned it of facial oils very well), and then I'd wash the mask every week, usually, unless I'd sneezed in it or something and it looked icky. I'd just hand wash it with some dawn dishwashing liquid and my fingers, and an old toothbrush to get in the crevices of the mask frame.

I ended up using my first cushion 5 years. I had a spare, but I never needed it. Then I changed mask styles.

Now, parts of the *frame* broke and were replaced over that time, and I went through several headgear strappy things... but that cushion was bulletproof.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.