Increased events

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
CdrRayJ

Increased events

Post by CdrRayJ » Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:39 pm

I have been using a ResMed Airsence 10 Autoset and a Quantro Air Mask for 9 1/2 months. The first month changed masks The first 7 1/2 months my events and AHI averaged in the mild area. The last 2 months the events to the moderate area and this month the AHI topped out at 30. None of the settings have been changed since the start. No new meds. The past two weeks have been at 6,000 feet+. The numbers started up before I left home and my primary doctor doesn’t know why. Considering a sleep doctor when I return home. Any feed back from others who have a similar story would be appreciated,

Wulfman...

Re: Increased events

Post by Wulfman... » Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:52 pm

CdrRayJ wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:39 pm
I have been using a ResMed Airsence 10 Autoset and a Quantro Air Mask for 9 1/2 months. The first month changed masks The first 7 1/2 months my events and AHI averaged in the mild area. The last 2 months the events to the moderate area and this month the AHI topped out at 30. None of the settings have been changed since the start. No new meds. The past two weeks have been at 6,000 feet+. The numbers started up before I left home and my primary doctor doesn’t know why. Considering a sleep doctor when I return home. Any feed back from others who have a similar story would be appreciated,
What settings?
You say no "new meds", but what are the old ones?
Has the weather changed where you live? Obviously the altitude has where you're staying.

Could be any number of reasons, and without seeing some comparative reports, it would be virtually impossible to guess.

Den

(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

CdrRayJ

Post by CdrRayJ » Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:27 pm

Pressure set at 14. When I get home will run and post some charts.

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:01 pm

CdrRayJ wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:39 pm
Those are terrible numbers..Mild area= AHI 5-14....Moderate area=15-30..If those numbers are with CPAP, there is something very wrong

Julie

Post by Julie » Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:11 pm

Have you gained even a little weight lately? It can make a surprising diff to things... as can loss if your mask no longer fits the same way.