New no headgear nasal mask....Bleep/DreamPort...not a pillow and not a cushion

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Pugsy

Re: New no headgear nasal pillow mask....Bleep/DreamPort

Post by Pugsy » Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:06 am

ChicagoGranny wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:59 am
I'm guessing hose management will be a big issue.
One of my concerns is the hose flexibility and I just won't know until I can get my hands on the hose to play with.

I don't do any special hose management now. Once I get to try it ...the hose flexibility and potential need for maybe some sort of hose management will be closely looked at.

I think we are looking at this like it will try to yank the end of our nose off with movement when we toss and turn because it is stuck so well. And maybe it will feel like that and maybe it won't. Just don't know right now. It might be so light and flexible it is a non issue.
Sort of like the P10 not having a swivel is a non issue for most people.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

prodigyplace

Post by prodigyplace » Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:16 am

Pugsy wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:01 am
Dreaming1 wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:54 am
Pugsy - Hey I just noticed that in the post title you have called the DreamPort a “nasal pillow” mask. Bother Lefty Lanky and the owner have been pretty adamant it’s not a pillow mask at all. Wasn’t sure if that was throwing some people off with the title. Anyway, thought I’d share that...

Hear back from Jason yet on a demo mask? Eagerly awaiting your feedback.
So I did...wasn't thinking fully. I think that most people who might be interested in this mask would be nasal pillow users so I guess in my mind I put it in the pillow category. It really is in a category of it's own...it doesn't cover the nose like a traditional nasal cushion mask does. Sort of like the DreamWear under the nose cushion isn't a pillow and isn't a traditional cushion.
So while it technically doesn't do the pillow thing...it doesn't do the traditional cushion thing either but I suspect that us ResMed users would still need to select "pillow" for when using this mask in our mask selection menu. Though in all honesty...probably wouldn't make any difference...I used the DreamWear cushion under both selections and nothing changed at all.

Let me think on it a bit and figure out a suitable edit for the Topic.

Jason is going to contact Stuart and see if he can get me one to try. Supplies are limited apparently...and if it's that limited right now that January release date won't happen IMHO. Production would need to really step up.
Nasal fork does not sound too comforting... OUCH!

Last edited by prodigyplace on Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Please visit our sponsor, CPAP.com at https://www.cpap.com/ for all your CPAP needs.

Pugsy

Re: New no headgear nasal mask....Bleep/DreamPort...not a pillow and not a cushion

Post by Pugsy » Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:19 am

prodigyplace wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:16 am
Nasal fork does not sound too comforting...
Kind of a turn off huh?? :lol: :lol:
I edited my topic...barely enough room to get it all in...just said what it is...nasal mask that is not not a pillow and not a cushion...couldn't fit traditional in though.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Mark55

Re: New no headgear nasal mask....Bleep/DreamPort...not a pillow and not a cushion

Post by Mark55 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:55 am

It just seems to me like having adhesive on your nose every night would result in clogged pores(pimples), and/or sores after a period of time. I'm assuming it's 'sticky' enough to not pull off easily.

It will be interesting to hear what folks think of it after it gets into full production, and hits the supply channels.

prodigyplace

Post by prodigyplace » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:58 am

Mark55 wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:55 am
It just seems to me like having adhesive on your nose every night would result in clogged pores(pimples), and/or sores after a period of time. I'm assuming it's 'sticky' enough to not pull off easily.

It will be interesting to hear what folks think of it after it gets into full production, and hits the supply channels.
Some people have extremely oily skin too. Perhaps there are barbs on the "fork tines" to hold the mask in place. :?:

Please visit our sponsor, CPAP.com at https://www.cpap.com/ for all your CPAP needs.

Grace~~~

Post by Grace~~~ » Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:01 am

APOPHATIC - the practice of describing something by stating which characteristics it does not have

No headgear
No nasal penetration
No leaks
Nothing touching face
No strap marks
No crushed hair do
No cleaning of "one use disposable mask"

We call it a "BLEEP" because there's JUST NO DESCRIBING this Apophatic Mask!
Last edited by Grace~~~ on Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Began XPAP May 2016. Autoset Pressure min. 8 / max 15. Ramp off. ERP set at 2. No humidity. Sleepyhead software installed and being looked at daily, though only beginning to understand the data.

Mark55

Post by Mark55 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:02 am

"Some people have extremely oily skin too. Perhaps there are barbs on the "fork tines" to hold the mask in place. :?:"

Perfect, like a barbed plumbing fitting. That should work out fine,.....not! :lol:

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:10 am

Mark55 wrote:
Funny how people look at things. I would look at the adhesive as an excellent way to maybe exfoliate and actually maybe unclog pores. :lol: :lol: I would figure "what the hell...it might do it" and at the same time put how to remove any residual adhesive sort of out of my mind.

The adhesive will likely be a problem for some people. No way around it. Some people are just super sensitive to stuff like that.
People with what I call paper thin skin...probably won't like it either.
Luckily I am not one of those...and despite eyeing my Gorilla tape as being something to try to stick the P10 to my nose...haven't actually tried it yet so don't know how well it might exfoliate...but if it would pull out the post menopausal chin whiskers for me that grow clear down to my butt...I would do it in a heart beat. :lol:

Grace~~~

Post by Grace~~~ » Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:21 am

Mark55 wrote:

Hey Mark55 8) .... Have you ever used a BIORE strip?

http://www.biore.com/en-us/breakup-with ... ore-strips

Say hello to clean pores! Bioré® Deep Cleansing Pore Strips instantly provide the deepest clean by lifting away deep down dirt. In just one use, pore strips are twice as effective as the leading pore cleanser at getting rid of pore-clogging build-up, dirt, oil, and blackheads. Plus, with regular use they can actually reduce the appearance of your pores!
Began XPAP May 2016. Autoset Pressure min. 8 / max 15. Ramp off. ERP set at 2. No humidity. Sleepyhead software installed and being looked at daily, though only beginning to understand the data.

Dreaming1

Post by Dreaming1 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:35 am

prodigyplace wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:11 am
Dreaming1 wrote:
Pugsy - Hey I just noticed that in the post title you have called the DreamPort a “nasal pillow” mask. Bother Lefty Lanky and the owner have been pretty adamant it’s not a pillow mask at all. Wasn’t sure if that was throwing some people off with the title. Anyway, thought I’d share that...

Hear back from Jason yet on a demo mask? Eagerly awaiting your feedback.
How to you better describe it? The mask uses a pillow-like interface to the nose.

We need something to compare it with.
But the fact is NOTHING GOES IN THE NOSE, therefore it can’t be a Pillow Mask. Hybrid would be better, as it means something different at least.

Okie bipap

Post by Okie bipap » Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:46 am

If I were able to use nasal pillows, I doubt if I would be able to use this mask. I have found adhesives on fall into two catagories: They don't adhere well to me or they cause allergic reactions.

Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional.

Grace~~~

Post by Grace~~~ » Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:48 am

Dreaming1 wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:35 am

But the fact is NOTHING GOES IN THE NOSE, therefore it can’t be a Pillow Mask. Hybrid would be better, as it means something different at least.

How about "INTERFACE"?
:idea: :?:

Or asking the age old question, "are you an innie or an outie"? Is Bleep the first "outie" interface?

...and definitely the Florida soft shell turtle and it's adorable little nose would love being spokes turtle! Wish I knew how to post close up picture of their face!

LOL ... * sorry ... I'm stuck trapped in bed. :roll:
Happy to have anything obscure to THINK about and I love entrepreneurs.
Last edited by Grace~~~ on Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:25 am

The DreamPort is more like the Provent thing but with cpap stuck to it. Those of you thinking "what the hell is Provent thing"...look it up.

Hybrid for most of us implies a mask that covers both the nose and mouth in some sort of fashion.

The DreamPort is a nasal mask though...just like the Oracle is an oral mask. Little different than traditional masks of course but still a mask. Since the DreamPort only addresses the nasal opening...it's a nasal mask.

Splitting non existent hairs IMHO as to whether it is cushion or pillow because it doesn't really matter except if you use a ResMed machine and you have to call it something.

prodigyplace

Post by prodigyplace » Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:27 am

Pugsy wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:25 am
The DreamPort is more like the Provent thing but with cpap stuck to it. Those of you thinking "what the hell is Provent thing"...look it up.

Hybrid for most of us implies a mask that covers both the nose and mouth in some sort of fashion.

The DreamPort is a nasal mask though...just like the Oracle is an oral mask. Little different than traditional masks of course but still a mask. Since the DreamPort only addresses the nasal opening...it's a nasal mask.

Splitting non existent hairs IMHO as to whether it is cushion or pillow because it doesn't really matter except if you use a ResMed machine and you have to call it something.
Call it Bleep? :D :lol:

palerider

Post by palerider » Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:39 pm

Dreaming1 wrote:
Pugsy - Hey I just noticed that in the post title you have called the DreamPort a “nasal pillow” mask. Bother Lefty Lanky and the owner have been pretty adamant it’s not a pillow mask at all.
The only way I can think it really matters is in what setting to use on a Resmed machine, and "pillow" masks tend to have small openings and interface directly with the nostrils, whereas "nasal" masks tend to have a larger opening to the hose, and cover the entire nose, and FFMs have an even larger opening, and of course, cover the nose and mouth.

This affects the airflow resistance, which affects the pressure, and the machine compensates for that to get more accurate pressure delivery *at the mask*.

They can call the Dreamport an ocean liner, if they want to, but it sure *looks* like a pillow mask.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.