Call For Questions and Pictures: Respironics ComfortCurve

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
wading thru the muck!

Post by wading thru the muck! » Wed Mar 09, 2005 10:25 am

RG,

Didn't you see the pictures? They've had the mask on that mannequin for a month straight and he hasn't complained once. Isn't that testing enough?
Last edited by wading thru the muck! on Wed Mar 09, 2005 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sincerely,
wading thru the muck of the sleep study/DME/Insurance money pit!

day for night

Post by day for night » Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:00 am

There is no way you could sleep on your side in that mask.
CPAP BLOWS! (get it? It blows and it "blows" haha wow I kill me!)

JudyAnn

Post by JudyAnn » Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:05 am

My question is:

I want to know how "quiet" it is?
Is the cheek and nasal material as soft as the Activa?

I am looking forward to a personal review of someone on this list who tries it.

The second new mask in a week. Boy these companies are really going to town now. Just when will the "perfect" mask be invented????? That is the Million Dollar question!

Judy

JudyAnn

Post by JudyAnn » Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:08 am

Day for Night,

You are right. It does not look like it would be comfortable for a side sleeper (which I am) but I guess we have to wait and see what a side sleeper says.

Judy

imacpappro

Post by imacpappro » Wed Mar 09, 2005 12:30 pm

Howdy,

I wonder if the plastic frame is soft plastic like the ComfortLite or is it more rigid. It would have been nice to have a frontal picture of the mask while being worn by the dummy.

ICP

imacpappro

Post by imacpappro » Wed Mar 09, 2005 12:32 pm

day for night and judy,

I think we should ask if those side cushions are air tight and full of air or soft silicone that would bend and move. I guess regardsless, if on your side your gonna have a mark in the morning from laying on it.

ICP

gailzee

Post by gailzee » Wed Mar 09, 2005 12:57 pm

Will this device be compatible with a PB apap machine/humidifier. What is the halo made from? Is it a hard pc of something?
How much testing did you do? WHO were the test subjects, independent of company employees?

How long were the tests? How many nights? How long in development? For that matter, why 2 hoses?

Lotsa questions..........? I'm with rested gal on the questions?

The company flak giving it a ''10'' as you can well imagine, will not impress THIS board. I can't speak for anyone else but SHOW ME........
Thank you.
rested gal wrote::D ohhhhkayyyy, if you expect the (ahem) Product Manager of the Respironics Patient Interface Division to answer THAT one with anything less than an enthusiastic TEN ( I know you and the fun-luvin' Res Rep Guest had tongue firmly in cheek..heheh), I've got another question with a LOT of numbers in it that I'd like to see posed to the manager:

Speaking of one to ten, did you try your final design out on at least ten experienced cpap users who each have had at least one year of full compliance on cpap, and ask them wear it for at least two weeks of consecutive nights, at least five consecutive hours each night?

Seriously, what kind of user base did you test this interface on - exactly how many users and exactly how long did each of them wear it? How many hours during how many nights did each tester in the user base wear it?

sharonokc

Post by sharonokc » Wed Mar 09, 2005 3:27 pm

Looks like a good design, but I would like answers to all previously asked questions. Also a report or reports back from users who have used it at least one week.

unclebob

Post by unclebob » Wed Mar 09, 2005 6:34 pm

Does this mean we now have two hoses to deal with? How are they attached to the xPAP unit?

What about pricing? If you buy a Respironics xPAP do they include the mask or at least give an 80% discount? Sure they would, but would it be retroactive to all units sold in 2005?

When will it be available in Canada? Any freebies to get the snowball rolling up north here eh?

Image shows mask on man with hair, was it tested on baldies - results?

What is life expectancy of the mask? Cleaning process same as other masks?

Is this supposed to replace other designs, what other masks will they discontinue and how do they see this mask evolving?

Bob F
unclebob

bill2

Post by bill2 » Thu Mar 10, 2005 9:26 pm

If those side pieces are cushions, I don't think this will leave any more marks than any of the other masks. The design looks good and I really appreciate the minimalistic headgear. But I want to know how long those two tubes are before they attach to the hose. And if the connections don't rotate the tubes away from you, the tubes and the hose may get tangled up.

JudyAnn

Post by JudyAnn » Fri Mar 11, 2005 8:30 am

I still want to know if its NOISY or SILENT?

Hey, Wader...........did you get yours and did you try it yet and what's your story on it?

Thanks,

Judy

wading thru the muck!

Post by wading thru the muck! » Fri Mar 11, 2005 8:40 am

Judy Ann,

The comfort curve is not for sale yet. I got the aura (the one Titrator tried and reviewed) See my comments at the link below.

Link: aura Patient Interface

Link: Ted's review
Sincerely,
wading thru the muck of the sleep study/DME/Insurance money pit!

JudyAnn

Post by JudyAnn » Fri Mar 11, 2005 9:07 am

Oh, yes! I forgot about that one. I knew there were 2 close together. I was thinking about the comfort curve. I am anxious to know about that one.

Getting my p's and q's mixed up. Oh well, I blame it on turning 65 in January.

Judy

SleepyTimeGal

Call for questions

Post by SleepyTimeGal » Fri Mar 11, 2005 1:43 pm

From a ladies point of view, is there more than one color the headgear comes in? Something other than black or blue or grey would be more attractive to me-perhaps pink, yellow, pale green, lavender--or leopard!!!???

From a mans point of view, what about compatability with a moustache or beard and sealing under the nose???

Thanks,
SleepyTimeGal

Post by Guest » Fri Mar 11, 2005 7:09 pm

I'd consider giving this a try because they got rid of the forehead support. I prefer the feel of a nasal mask to that of nasal pillows -- except for that forehead thingy.

And I agree whole-heaetedly with SleepyTime Gal on color. Is there any reason why CPAP equipment can only be in dull or ugly colors?