Hospital respiratory folks: you gotta love 'em

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
User avatar
Tip10
Posts: 224
Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:51 am
Location: Southern Illinois

Re: Hospital respiratory folks: you gotta love 'em

Post by Tip10 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:13 pm

Gotta love a good hospital, and a good RT.
Had to have a valve replaced (a hereditary issue), as a part of pre-op preps a RT came in and went through my setup with my wife.
The kicker — after surgery, just before I left ICU for a regular room the RT came back to talk to me about where I got my hose cover (the silver nylon ResMed cover) and with a bunch of questions about my Circadence Elan mask - how it seals, where I got it, etc. (Yes I sent her to our sponsor). The RT had actually asked my wife to verify setup on the EXACT SAME MACHINE the RT actually uses at home.
Oh, and RT also thanked us for having the forethought to provide the O2 inlet adaptor for the hose. They aren’t provided with them and it’s usually a scramble to try and find one.

_________________
Machine: ResMed AirSense™ 10 AutoSet™ CPAP Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier
Mask: SleepWeaver Advance Nasal CPAP Mask with Improved Zzzephyr Seal
Additional Comments: Also use a SleepWeaver Elan nasal mask interchangeably with the SleepWeaver
I don't suffer from Insanity -- I rather enjoy it!!

User avatar
palerider
Posts: 32308
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:43 pm
Location: Dallas(ish).

Re: Hospital respiratory folks: you gotta love 'em

Post by palerider » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:53 pm

Tip10 wrote: ↑
Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:13 pm
our sponsor
Just a thought, (not just you, Tip10)... If you want to help cpap.com, then say the name, instead of referring to them as "our sponsor", this isn't apneaboard.

The more often http://www.cpap.com gets spelled out maybe even just cpap.com, the higher up in google's rankings it will show up when someone looks for 'cpap'.

_________________
Mask: Bleep DreamPort CPAP Mask Solution
Additional Comments: S9 VPAP Auto
Get OSCAR

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.