Alternative Maks to Resmed Ulotra Mirage II

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
dgallent

Alternative Maks to Resmed Ulotra Mirage II

Post by dgallent » Sun Nov 05, 2006 8:32 am

Just wondering what some ideas are for the replacement of my ULtra Mirage II since my self imposed ban on ResMed products.

I use a Remstar M auto with humidifier.

Vader

Re: Alternative Maks to Resmed Ulotra Mirage II

Post by Vader » Sun Nov 05, 2006 8:47 am

dgallent wrote:Just wondering what some ideas are for the replacement of my ULtra Mirage II since my self imposed ban on ResMed products.
You could try the Fisher & Paykel 431 or 432.
The Hybrid, The Mojo FF Gel mask, Comfort Full, and Comfort Full2, Hans Rudolph FF.
I've tried most of them, however none even comes remotely close to the Ultra Mirage™ Full Face mask.

Resmed *may be* run by bad guys, but I'll keep using their masks until something equivalent comes along....

Vader

dgallent

Post by dgallent » Sun Nov 05, 2006 9:45 am

Thanks for the response but I do not use the full face mask. I use the Ultra Mirage II.

Vader

Post by Vader » Sun Nov 05, 2006 11:55 am

dgallent wrote:Thanks for the response but I do not use the full face mask. I use the Ultra Mirage II.
Whoops!

...or as Emily Latella used to say on the old SNL, "never mind!"

Vader

linda b

Post by linda b » Sun Nov 05, 2006 12:38 pm

I will put in my recommendation for the Respironics ComfortLite 2 with simple cushion. I could not get used to the nasal pillows, but I really do like the simple cushion. I do use an extra strap that goes over the downward adjusting tube and then velcros to the headgear at the neckline. This provides a little bit of stability and helps keep the headgear from riding up in back. I find after about 5 minutes, I don't feel like I have anything on at all. Some people don't like the swivel hose attachment on the top, but with the hosehanger contraption my husband made for me to elevate the hose, I don't have any trouble with it. My pressure range is 8-15 and have had little to no leakage problems with this setup.

Linda B.

Julie

Post by Julie » Sun Nov 05, 2006 12:40 pm

Respironics Comfort Select isn't bad if you're very careful with it - the adjustment bar (forehead to nose) comes apart easily, though you can put it back together easily too.

birdshell

Post by birdshell » Sun Nov 05, 2006 12:46 pm

Linda,

Of course that has been my choice, but I must say that the ComfortLite 2 with the direct seal is also an option.

(I haven't gotten back to try the simple seal again, but it made my nose cold on every inhalation. Maybe with the machine warmed up this would not happen.)

The direct seal is similar to the nasal pillows, but does not invert. That has been my problem with the CL 2 nasal pillows.

The direct seal is stiffer and is meant to be adjusted below the nares until it touches and seals (with the help of other adjustments such as the twist tube, fishing line, bending the metal supports, twist ties, and the like.)

One thing VERY nice about the CL 2 is that it is almost as if one has 3 masks/interfaces in 1.

Be kinder than necessary; everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

Click => Free Mammograms

Snoredog

Post by Snoredog » Sun Nov 05, 2006 1:05 pm

I would try the SomnoTech Soyala, supposed to be the quietest mask around, even quieter than the UMII:

https://www.cpap.com/productpage/Soyala ... dgear.html