SleepStudy Results Comparison with ResScan&Sleepyhead Data

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Nito

SleepStudy Results Comparison with ResScan&Sleepyhead Data

Post by Nito » Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:17 pm

Hello everybody!
Guess What! The nurse phoned today to tell me to go to pick Up the results of my second Sleep study with cpap on and she advanced me I only had an IAH of 17´37 that Night.
Last year in my first sleep study I had 58 IAH so that is an improvement .
But How the hell can that be possible if I got both the ResScan and Sleepyhead reports from my machine that Night and the two of them show IAH 0,0???
They gotta be kidding me!! I am really P*ssed off!!
I include the link of the Sleep study in pdf together with the ResScan an dSleepyHead reports from that night so that you have a look at it and tell me what you make of it, experts from the forum.
Here it is: https://es.scribd.com/document/370732988/Estudio
I find it very strange that they say in the Sleep Study my AIH that night was 17´37 when both ResScan and SleepyHead registered 0´0 AIH and they also say that I had a humongous number of hypoapneas which is beyond my understanding.
Usually the reports I get from both ResScan and SleepHead always coincide in the number of events I have every night.
Now that makes me doubt and wonder how accurate SleepyHead and ResScan are or if there is a problem with my Resmed S9 CPAP or possibly if they did the sleep correctly at all.
They used a device similar to Resmed ApneaLink to record all the respiratory events and introduced the two nasal canulas inside my Wisp mask which caused great leaks that can bee seen in the ResScan and SleepyHead graphs.
Apart from that that I had electrodes all over my head , neck and chest that were united through cables to a big silver box with many lights.
The only explanation I can find is that their machine confused the numerous leaks under my mask with hypoapneas, what do you think?
Could you please have a look at everything and give me your opinion? It is 15 pages long..............
This sleep study was done with a fixed pressure of 13cmH2o all night long, it was not a titration study
Feel free to ask if you need the translation of anything in Spanish you dont understand.
Thanks a lot in advance for your help, I really appreciate it.
Kind regards,

Midnight Strangler

Re: SleepStudy Results Comparison with ResScan&Sleepyhead Data

Post by Midnight Strangler » Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:27 pm

Nito wrote: she advanced me I only had an IAH of 17´37 that Night.
Did you feel like estiércol the next day? If I had an AHI of 17, I would feel very bad all the next day.

Nito

Post by Nito » Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:38 pm

I felt drowsy as many other days but not that beaten Up..........

JDS74

Post by JDS74 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:45 pm

Working through the Spanish (my last working contact with French was 65 years ago so it was a slog) everything in the sleep study seems to be internally consistent.
I think you confused the obstructive events (150 in about 8 hours) with the hypopneas (caused by movement) of only 2 in the same period of time.

I've never heard of a sleep study done using the patient's own machine. It's a first for me but maybe it is more common than I thought. I've had three studies but only one was done after I had my own machine and there was no way the lab could possibly have connected my machine to their system (I use Respironics and they use ResMed.)

Some of the SleepyHead data is consistent with the sleep study data and other is really not - I am having a hard time figuring out how SleepyHead / ResScan get to an AHI of 0.0 and the study gets 17.37 for the exact same time period and, presumably, the exact same data. It's a real conundrum.
Do the doctors offer any suggestions about this serious conflict in report results?

Oracle 452 Lessons Learned Updated
DSX900 AutoSV with HC150 extra humidifier and Hibernite heated hose
Settings: EPAP Min-10.0, EPAP Max-17, PS Min-3, PS Max-10, Max Pressure-20, Rate-Auto, Biflex-1.
Sleepyhead and Encore Pro 2.21.

Nito

Post by Nito » Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:17 am

They said Sleepyhead is Not reliable and suggested increasing the pressure I use 0,5 cmH2o which makes no sense for me.....
Thanks for replying.

JDS74

Post by JDS74 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:23 am

I thought about it overnite and think maybe the use of the device they used to gather the data intercepted the recording of the apnea/hypopnea events and prevented them from being recorded on the SD card. The breathing, elapsed time, and pressure data did get recorded on the SD card and that data is consistent with the same data in the sleep study. Just a guess. The difference in the reports is perplexing.

Increasing your pressure by .5 cm H2O certainly won't be dramatic and could help.

Settings: EPAP Min-10.0, EPAP Max-17, PS Min-3, PS Max-10, Max Pressure-20, Rate-Auto, Biflex-1.

Nito

Post by Nito » Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:42 am

I was on that pressure before and it caused the appearance of centrals and more headaches.
The thing is, should I continue trusting Sleepyhead to monitor my therapy? Thanks again for your help.
Regards,

JDS74

Post by JDS74 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:27 am

Yes, SleepyHead seems to be a very reliable source of data for monitoring your treatment. There are some issues with some machines but overall it is a great product.
ResScan, of course, is from the manufacturer and is used by doctor's offices for the same purpose - hence it is presumed to be reliable.

Mogy

Post by Mogy » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:40 pm

Hi Nito,
How often do you get an AHI of 0 when using your CPAP?
Is your AHI normally around 17 at that pressure?
I would think that Sleepyhead should be reporting some events. It could be something they did for that one night.
If your normal AHI is significantly different than 17 at that pressure it may be time for a new machine.
The equipment they use may be more sensitive than a machine that has been used for a number of years.
Can you post some data from a normal night?
Using weight loss, general exercise, and tongue/throat exercises I managed to get my AHI down to approx 5.
Not using a machine currently.

Nito

Post by Nito » Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:24 pm

Hi Mogy!
My AHI is not near enough 17,37 EVER!
I use the fixed pressure of 13/13´20 cmH20 now because it is the one that gave me more smiley faces in the last month.
These are the screenshots of my last nights: