Need to improve my result? Thinking up upping pressure

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Turntex

Need to improve my result? Thinking up upping pressure

Post by Turntex » Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:32 pm

I have been on my BiPap for right at 2 months now. It has made a huge difference in my life since day one but there is always room for improvement! I have never gotten below an AHI of 1.6 and seem to bounce in the range of 1.6-3.5. For some reason, my AHI seems to be lower on the weekend. I currently have my machine set at EPAP 14 with PS of 4 and IPAP of 18. In looking at my charts, it seems like I am up in the 15-16 EPAP range most of the night. I am thinking of raising the EPAP to either 15 or 16 but wanted to get your thoughts first. Also, when, if ever, should I raise the PS? Higher EPAP pressure does not bother me from a breathing standpoint but I am getting a lot of aerophagia and it even wakes me up with stomach pains sometimes. I always have a lot of gas when I wake up and for the first few hours after waking.

Here are my last two night's charts for review. Recommendations appreciated.

Pugsy

Re: Need to improve my result? Thinking up upping pressure

Post by Pugsy » Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:38 pm

If you go playing with the settings I don't advise increase PS above 5 without carefully watching the central/clear airway apneas.
For some people too much PS can trigger centrals.

If you decide to increase EPAP....try 0.5 more first. Go very small with your increases.
More EPAP will very likely cause the aerophagia monster to come visiting more often and sometimes he causes more problems than the more pressure fixes.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.