Aircurve 10 Vauto shut down on its own last night

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Turntex

Re: Aircurve 10 Vauto shut down on its own last night

Post by Turntex » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:13 am

Here is my chart from last night with the old cushions.

palerider

Post by palerider » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:34 pm

Turntex wrote:
palerider wrote:Yes, cpap works better when the mask is actually on the face... something that's iffy in those graphs.
Such a helpful comment. Thanks for that bit of insight. All along I thought I belonged on the pillow beside me!
See? There's your problem... and it explains the stupendous leaks you're having!

Sorry if a little humor in the face of the obvious is unwelcome... there's nothing to add to what Pugsy said, "your leaks are completely out of control, figure out where the problem is and fix it".

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

palerider

Post by palerider » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:35 pm

Turntex wrote:Here is my chart from last night with the old cushions.

Excellent, now the question is, "what's wrong with the 'new' cushion?" maybe you got a defective one?

Last edited by palerider on Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Get OSCAR

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

JimW159

Post by JimW159 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:03 pm

Turntex wrote:My damn machine quit twice again last night/early morning. This is the third time it has happened. Should I try contacting Resmed or my DME? Is Resmed easy to get ahold of? Here is the chart for those who will certainly ask. Aircurve 10 Vauto with smart start on. And no, there is no chance the power went off or the connections were loose. This time when I woke up, I looked at the machine and it was still on.
Contact ResMed? Probably an exercise in futility - from my own experience and those reported by many - they do not even seem to acknowledge the patient's existence. From their point of view the point of sales - either DME or other retailer - is the customer, not us.
Contact DME? variable value - it all comes to the corporate culture of the DME - they either care or they don't, they either help or they won't - it's all a crap shoot. One only hopes they care and help and only experience will tell which kind of DME you have.

The pattern of leaks makes me wonder if you move your head around a lot when you sleep or you sleep on your side and the pillow (for your head, not the mask) is moving the mask around and disturbing the cushion/face interface. That may be what PR was alluding to when he stated that the mask works best when it's on the face - I doubt he was being snide or facetious. When I started xPAP I used a ResMed Quattro mask that I had problems with because the cushion/face connection was constantly under distress - both from the bed pillow as well as a medical condition known as hemifacial spasm in which one side of my face frequently twitched enough to break the seal. If you have it you know it - it doesn't hide. In fairly recent past I had a problem with the machine cutting out in the night and came to connect it to the "Smart Start" setting - turning that off eliminated that problem entirely. All it cost was two pushes of a single button - once when going to bed and once more when getting up. A less onerous solution is hard to emagine.

Last edited by JimW159 on Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Turntex

Post by Turntex » Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:01 pm

palerider wrote: See? There's your problem... and it explains the stupendous leaks you're having!

Sorry if a little humor in the face of the obvious is unwelcome... there's nothing to add to what Pugsy said, "your leaks are completely out of control, figure out where the problem is and fix it".
Nah, I did not mind the humor. I am still new to all this palerider. I have been on the machine for 6 weeks now. I have no idea what is considered too high of a leak. Also, based on another chart I posted where my machine quit WITHOUT a leak, I was concerned. As a matter of fact, it quit one other time without seeing what I considered a significant leak. Then again, as I said, I really don't know what is considered a significant leak.

So, now that I know to put the mask on, I hope to have better results and not have it shut off anymore!

Turntex

Post by Turntex » Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:06 pm

Here is the other one. If I know what I am looking at, it appears it quit while the leak rate was 14.4 the first time and 37.2. There are a lot of other areas on this chart where the leak rate was much higher for much longer and it did not quit.

palerider

Post by palerider » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:07 pm

Turntex wrote:
palerider wrote: See? There's your problem... and it explains the stupendous leaks you're having!

Nah, I did not mind the humor. I am still new to all this palerider. I have been on the machine for 6 weeks now. I have no idea what is considered too high of a leak.
That's easy, for your machine, over 24lpm is too much leak, shown on that chart as "time over redline' and the grayed out parts of the leak graph.
Turntex wrote: Also, based on another chart I posted where my machine quit WITHOUT a leak, I was concerned. As a matter of fact, it quit one other time without seeing what I considered a significant leak. Then again, as I said, I really don't know what is considered a significant leak.

So, now that I know to put the mask on, I hope to have better results and not have it shut off anymore!
It helps If you take the mask off, and the machine goes from 'ok ok ok' to 'huuuuuge leak, mask must be off', it won't show a leak for those few seconds.