Mild sleep apnea

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Dgriffin333

Mild sleep apnea

Post by Dgriffin333 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:44 pm

Hi i was just diagnosed last week with mild OSA with 14 events a hour I've been experiencing fatuige for the last 6 months and wondering if anyone else with mild OSA was experiencing fatuige brain fog poor memory and just lack of energy as well. I've been through about every possible blood test possible and just have a hard time believing all my symptoms are being caused by mild sleep apnea .

TedVPAP

Re: Mild sleep apnea

Post by TedVPAP » Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:52 pm

Dgriffin333 wrote:Hi i was just diagnosed last week with mild OSA with 14 events a hour I've been experiencing fatuige for the last 6 months and wondering if anyone else with mild OSA was experiencing fatuige brain fog poor memory and just lack of energy as well. I've been through about every possible blood test possible and just have a hard time believing all my symptoms are being caused by mild sleep apnea .
My sleep apnea is not mild, but I can tell you that the general consensus of this forum is that you want your AHI below 2.
My suggestion is to definitely treat it.

Additional Comments: AutoPAP 16-20, Ultimate Chin Strap http://sleepapneasolutionsinc.com/

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:56 pm

Dgriffin333 wrote:Hi i was just diagnosed last week with mild OSA with 14 events a hour I've been experiencing fatuige for the last 6 months and wondering if anyone else with mild OSA was experiencing fatuige brain fog poor memory and just lack of energy as well. I've been through about every possible blood test possible and just have a hard time believing all my symptoms are being caused by mild sleep apnea .
It doesn't matter whether it mild or the worst, it all needs treated the same way and taken seriously. Untreated you are killing yourself by a thousand cuts, dying slowly just means you can enjoy the suffering longer. Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

bigdave36

Post by bigdave36 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:58 pm

Perhaps a different perspective, but, I couldnt enjoy a football game if it was interrupted 14 times an hour. Having my sleep interupted 14 times an hour is much worse than that.
Good luck...Time to start working on it.

Mark55

Post by Mark55 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:03 pm

I was diagnosed late July, and had/have the same symptoms you speak of. My AHI was only two points higher than yours btw. I'm still struggling with accepting this 'treatment', but it's something that must be done. So far I don't feel much different, but I guess it takes time to reap the benefits for some.

RiverDave

Post by RiverDave » Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:06 pm

My diagnosis was an AHI near 10. Treatment made the world of difference for me. More energy, less need for sleep, and clearer thinking. I'm 10 years in and couldn't be happier.

Dgriffin333

Post by Dgriffin333 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:06 pm

Definitely will be treating it hoping to get on a cpap by next week thanks for the replies!!

TedVPAP

Post by TedVPAP » Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:17 pm

Dgriffin333 wrote:Definitely will be treating it hoping to get on a cpap by next week thanks for the replies!!
Join the forum (so your username is only yours). Start a thread and the forum will help you.

Additional Comments: AutoPAP 16-20, Ultimate Chin Strap http://sleepapneasolutionsinc.com/

greatunclebill

Post by greatunclebill » Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:30 pm

Dgriffin333 wrote:Definitely will be treating it hoping to get on a cpap by next week thanks for the replies!!
mild and severe, etc are just speaking about numbers of events per hour. you could have worse apnea than someone having a bigger number depending on the details about the events.

i know this is an old thread.

please don't ask me to try nasal. i'm a full face person.
the avatar is Rocco, my Lhasa Apso. Number one "Bama fan. 18 championships and counting.
Life member VFW Post 4328 Alabama
MSgt USAF (E-7) medic Retired 1968-1990

Dgriffin33

Post by Dgriffin33 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:27 pm

Just made an account thanks for letting me know and riverdave how long did it take you to see results from using cpap?

RiverDave

Post by RiverDave » Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:30 am

Dgriffin33 wrote:Just made an account thanks for letting me know and riverdave how long did it take you to see results from using cpap?
About 2 nights to get used to the equipment. Once I accomplished that, my improvements were immediate. Everybody is different, though.

Good luck.

AMESS

Post by AMESS » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:54 am

Still trying to adjust after almost 2 months. No good sleep. They r telling me NOT to put creams on at night and the mask will stop slipping around.

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:44 am

And as usual, you will ignore it and keep posting! Same old same. Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:53 am

bigdave36 wrote:Perhaps a different perspective, but, I couldnt enjoy a football game if it was interrupted 14 times an hour. Having my sleep interupted 14 times an hour is much worse than that.
Good luck...Time to start working on it.
That's one analogy. Here is one I like. "How would you feel during the day if someone called you 98 times (7 hrs x 14 AHI) every night and let the phone ring loudly once?"

"At the apnea cafe, mild ain't mild."
- Yogi Berra

Bertha deBlues

Post by Bertha deBlues » Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:04 am

I was diagnosed with mild OSA at 13 events per hour. As others have said, it may take some time (days for some, weeks for others - we're all different). Mine took a couple of weeks until I felt comfortable having the mask on at night, a few more weeks before I started feeling the benefits, now I can say that it definitely made my life better. I have more energy, don't feel like falling asleep two hours after breakfast and my concentration is better. Bottom line: I just feel better! Best of luck to you.
And in the end the love you take is equal to the love you make. - Paul McCartney