questions about AHI and unclassified apneas

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
springman946

questions about AHI and unclassified apneas

Post by springman946 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:41 pm

I was just wondering if I have an AHI of 0.53 what does this mean are my apenas being treated and also what is unclassified apneas Image

Pugsy

Re: questions about AHI and unclassified apneas

Post by Pugsy » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:40 pm

Your machine model doesn't separate obstructive apneas and central apneas. Instead they both go in the general "Apnea" basket.
Sleepyhead reports them as Unclassified or Unknown because the machine doesn't give the event a more specific category name.
ResMed does this will all their specialty bilevel machines used for central apnea therapy.
I have the AirCurve 10 ST and it does the same thing as your ASV does.

Now it still flags hyponeas though.

We assume that the unclassified apneas are obstructive because the machine will breathe for you when the centrals happen so the only thing left is obstructive.

Your AHI is nice and low...your therapy is very effective and with an AHI that low...doesn't really matter what classification those unknown apneas are.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.