Using S9 with slimline hose and without humidifier

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
TooGroggy

Using S9 with slimline hose and without humidifier

Post by TooGroggy » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:24 pm

Is it possible to use the S9 with the slimline hose and without the humidifier? When I connect the hose to the side outlet on the main unit, the orange tab (where the power connections are) on the hose prevents the host from fitting.

I have a standard, generic tube somewhere but it's bulky and stiff and doesn't move well when I toss and turn at night.

palerider

Re: Using S9 with slimline hose and without humidifier

Post by palerider » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:30 pm

TooGroggy wrote:Is it possible to use the S9 with the slimline hose and without the humidifier? When I connect the hose to the side outlet on the main unit, the orange tab (where the power connections are) on the hose prevents the host from fitting.

I have a standard, generic tube somewhere but it's bulky and stiff and doesn't move well when I toss and turn at night.
it's possible to use a non-heated slimline hose without the humidifier.
alternatively just leave the humidifier attached, but turned off.

if you must use the climateline hose without the humidifier, turn it around, the contact end will probably connect to the mask... but it'd be better to get a normal slimline hose instead.

if it's too stiff, stick it in the dryer for a minute or two to soften it up.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

SewTired

Post by SewTired » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:05 pm

I use the Slimline hose on the machine itself when not running the humidifier. It slides on a little stiffly the first couple of times, but otherwise works fine. It's Resmed brand, not a knockoff, so would be the same thing you have for your S9. Be sure to check that the settings changed on your machine (it usually does it automatically). I do recommend that you move the machine so that the hose is straight on or it bends at the same place over time, probably shortening the life of your hose. I keep thinking of getting an elbow for that, but just never bother, I just move the machine over and no problem.

Airsense For Her; Settings: range 8-12, Airfit P10 (M)

TooGroggy

Post by TooGroggy » Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:53 pm

Thanks for the suggestions. Turning the hose around almost worked (there was not enough resistance to keep the mask coupling from slipping out). I dug around my closet and found a non-heated slimline hose that fit perfectly. Much easier and lighter to travel without the humidifier now.

SewTired

Post by SewTired » Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:39 pm

I've had a lot of trouble with generic tubes. Sometimes they work fine, but most of the time, they just make you scream - they either don't connect to machine or don't connect to the mask. They SEEM to work for older machines so I just gave mine to the home health nurse to give to whomever needs one. Glad you had one in the closet. I agree, that was one advantage of the S9 - you could separate the humidifier and just take the machine - much lighter and smaller.

Airsense For Her; Settings: range 8-12, Airfit P10 (M)

Okie bipap

Post by Okie bipap » Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:03 pm

When they delivered my wife's machine, it came with a slimline hose. They also included an elbow with the hose. It could be placed on the machine so we would not need to bend the hose sharply ass it exited the machine.

Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional.

Krelvin

Post by Krelvin » Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:12 pm

I just get standard 10ft hose from CPAP.COM as I don't use a heated hose with mine.

Over time, the end which I connect to the mask gets loose and I just switch the hose around.
Current Settings PS 4.0 over 10.6-18.0 (cmH2O) - Resmed S9 VPAP Auto w/h5i Humidifier - Quattro Air FFM
TNET Sleep Resource Pages - CPAP Machine Database
Put your equip in your Signature - SleepyHead v1.0.0-beta-1
Kevin... alias Krelvin