OT Job Update

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
mrbreezeet1

Re: OT Job Update

Post by mrbreezeet1 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:12 am

Pugsy wrote:
prodigyplace wrote:Perhaps forum software should auto-lock a thread after a year of inactivity.
It seems all forums have issues with zombie threads being revived.
Been cussed and discussed since I started here almost 8 years ago. It's not going to happen.
There's still a lot of good information in those old threads and the forum owners don't want to do the auto lock thing and it's their forum so we have to just deal with it.

Sometimes the old threads get revived by spam and if we spot it soon enough before someone says something in reply we can send the old thread back into the archives.
I don't think that was what happened in this thread though. I don't see anything that was spam removed.
Don't know why mrbreeze happened to see it like he did.

Some people get really annoyed by old post being revived. It really doesn't bother me one way or the other...I just note the original date on the main screen and most of the time just don't even bother to read it at all unless I am checking for spam which is how I came here this time.

I don't use tapatalk but from what I have read tapatalk doesn't make it so easy to see the dates and stuff.
Just didn't notice the date. Image
Oh, you're right, there is no date AT ALL!
The garage journal, on the for sale group, must have a price in with the title, but on Tapatalk, the price does not show up at all.
Problem with the "web view" on the CPAP group, is its way way too small to read on the phone.
Tapatalk is mobile friendly for reading groups.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

DreamStalker

Post by DreamStalker » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:20 am

Not a big deal really. It's the thread posts that matter, not their date. If people are annoyed by old posts, then don't read them. If people are annoyed by old posters, then don't read them either.
President-pretender, J. Biden, said "the DNC has built the largest voter fraud organization in US history". Too bad they didn’t build the smartest voter fraud organization and got caught.

prodigyplace

Post by prodigyplace » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:48 am

Goofproof wrote:They could be made READ ONLY, then newbee's would have to actually have to start a new thread, if they want to add something that was answered in the original thread a few times already.

But as you say it isn't going to happen!
Yeah, that's what I had in mind. Read only but no new posts.
The owners call the shots on that, though.

Please visit our sponsor, CPAP.com at https://www.cpap.com/ for all your CPAP needs.