Anyone found a nasal pillow mask they like better than P10?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
JimP

Re: Anyone found a nasal pillow mask they like better than P10?

Post by JimP » Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:37 am

palerider wrote:
JimP wrote:The only issue I have on the P10 is the vents seem to block up after time and cleaning them doesn't always restore them. That's when I start making my own vent holes with a needle. There's got to be a better way.
I've found that if I use dishwashing detergent and a toothbrush, they get good and clean, and aren't clogged, I've heard of people using bath soap and the mesh gets gummed up.
I've used a toothbrush and running water before and that would help it but lately it doesn't seem to be helping much. Last night I used a safety pin and put 6 little holes in the mesh. Actually felt like I was just opening up existing holes. Worked fine and no weird modulations that would prevent me from sleeping. Headgear is no problem for me where I can see if its a bad fit for someone, they might want to try something else.

What I don't understand about the new mask is how it could possibly work for anyone as it moves around with every breath? Maybe because I'm on a bipap and the difference in exhale/inhale is doing it.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:45 am

JimP wrote:What I don't understand about the new mask is how it could possibly work for anyone as it moves around with every breath? Maybe because I'm on a bipap and the difference in exhale/inhale is doing it.
What are your pressures during inhale and exhale?
I am currently trying the Brevida and I use a bilevel but my pressures start out relatively low 6.4 exhale and 9.6 inhale. They can go over 20 when asleep...I never know it though.
I do notice a teeny tiny bit of modulation that you are talking about but it is very minor and doesn't annoy me. I have not experimented yet to see how that modulation might change at higher pressures.
I did try the Pilairo a while back..much larger nasal pillow and the modulation was much more pronounced and I found it annoying but after a week or so I found that the modulation wasn't nearly annoying....I got used to it.

I think that the super softness of the material used is just going to maybe cause more modulation when pressures vary. It's a pro in one area and a con in another area.
If it bugs you too much then obviously the mask isn't going to work for you but there are likely going to be people using higher pressures and even higher bilevel pressures who really aren't bugged by the modulation...how do I know this ...because there's a bunch of people using the Pilairo on high pressures and even higher bilevel pressures and they like the Pilairo...and it modulates like crazy even at low pressures.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

chunkyfrog

Post by chunkyfrog » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:18 am

The screens on the P10 have been uniquely difficult to de-crud.
I tried a toothbrush and Dawn, with results falling far short than what I wanted.
Since then, I use a Water Pic, which is effective, though messy.
A denture tablet or canned air may work, too.

palerider

Post by palerider » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:42 am

JimP wrote:I've used a toothbrush and running water before and that would help it but lately it doesn't seem to be helping much.
hot water and dish soap?
JimP wrote:What I don't understand about the new mask is how it could possibly work for anyone as it moves around with every breath? Maybe because I'm on a bipap and the difference in exhale/inhale is doing it.
what new mask?

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:46 am

palerider wrote:what new mask?
Pretty sure he is talking about the Brevida.
JimP wrote:Thought I'd give the Brevida a try.

Had a problem with the mask modulating and if I tightened it up enough to stop the modulations, it would apply enough pressure on my nose that I wouldn't go to sleep

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

palerider

Post by palerider » Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:05 pm

Pugsy wrote:
palerider wrote:what new mask?
Pretty sure he is talking about the Brevida.
ah, oops, nevermind, nothing to see here, move along...

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.