
No OSA but prescribed a CPAP machine
Re: No OSA but prescribed a CPAP machine
Thanks for the reply, first of all!Pugsy wrote:Snores are signs of the airway trying to collapse. They don't always continue with the collapsing process to the point of earning some sort of apnea flag though. Maybe not quite enough air flow reduction or maybe they don't last long enough. There certain criteria that needs to be met (a minimum % of flow reduction and at least a 10 second duration minimum) and maybe you were close but didn't quite make it.
Also since you didn't get much sleep during the diagnostic sleep study (without cpap) maybe you just didn't have much of anything except the snoring.
Your reports show a machine wanting to fight to keep the airway open (the various variations in the pressure).
If it were my report I would be planning on getting a machine.
So, you would suggest using the machine, right?
I get your point, that the disturbance probably isnt enough to flag an OSA.
Re: No OSA but prescribed a CPAP machine
Yes...if it were me I would be using the machine. It's trying to fight something.
Review the image instructions again. You made it huge without the clickable link and you omitted the AHI events stuff and didn't hide the calendar or pie chart and you included graphs that weren't needed.
Play with it and compare your images to this image below and you will see what I mean.
I don't need to see any more but sometime later you might want further evaluation and it really helps when people present the images in the easiest to evaluate format.
Here's an image of a ResMed report but the format is the same. Compare yours and mine and see what yours is leaving out.

Review the image instructions again. You made it huge without the clickable link and you omitted the AHI events stuff and didn't hide the calendar or pie chart and you included graphs that weren't needed.
Play with it and compare your images to this image below and you will see what I mean.
I don't need to see any more but sometime later you might want further evaluation and it really helps when people present the images in the easiest to evaluate format.
Here's an image of a ResMed report but the format is the same. Compare yours and mine and see what yours is leaving out.

_________________
| Machine: AirCurve™ 10 VAuto BiLevel Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier |
| Additional Comments: Mask Bleep Eclipse https://bleepsleep.com/the-eclipse/ |
I may have to RISE but I refuse to SHINE.
Re: No OSA but prescribed a CPAP machine
Maybe raise the minimum pressure to 8 and see how you feel.
_________________
| Machine: ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV Machine with Heated Humidifier |
| Additional Comments: Resmed Aircurve 10 ASVAUTO Min Epap 10.4, Max Epap 11.6, PS 1.6-12.0 |
Re: No OSA but prescribed a CPAP machine
Thanks again, Pugsy!Pugsy wrote:Yes...if it were me I would be using the machine. It's trying to fight something.
Review the image instructions again. You made it huge without the clickable link and you omitted the AHI events stuff and didn't hide the calendar or pie chart and you included graphs that weren't needed.
Play with it and compare your images to this image below and you will see what I mean.
I don't need to see any more but sometime later you might want further evaluation and it really helps when people present the images in the easiest to evaluate format.
Here's an image of a ResMed report but the format is the same. Compare yours and mine and see what yours is leaving out.
Sorry for the noob mistakes... Gotta lot to learn.
Here are the images for 2 days that I tried CPAP:


Could you please comment?
Thanks again!
Re: No OSA but prescribed a CPAP machine
Thanks, I will do that the next time I try the machine!..klv329 wrote:Maybe raise the minimum pressure to 8 and see how you feel.
Re: No OSA but prescribed a CPAP machine
Another doubt I have is, the leaks are around 30. Is that too much (with dreamwear mask) or should I go with some other mask? I found the Dreamwear the most comfortable, and slept much better with it.
Also, I was using a software on my phone to record snores. I was still snoring with the dreamwear mask,though it was far less frequently, and much quieter. Is that detrimental to the therapy? Or should I look at other masks?
Thanks again, folks!
Also, I was using a software on my phone to record snores. I was still snoring with the dreamwear mask,though it was far less frequently, and much quieter. Is that detrimental to the therapy? Or should I look at other masks?
Thanks again, folks!
Re: No OSA but prescribed a CPAP machine
Your leak rate is actually very good. The Respironics machine reports what we call total leak which is excess leak plus the intentional/vent rate (all masks have a vent rate which varies with mask type and pressure used).
So you won't ever see a leak report of 0.0 because of the vent rate if nothing else.
Large leak territory is somewhere up around 80 L/min with your mask and pressure.
Your snores aren't horrible with these pressures but they could stand a little more improvement though.
Increasing that minimum pressure would help with the snores along with the other events included in the AHI.
I agree with increasing that minimum to around 8 cm would be a good option to try.
If for some reason that's too big of a jump from what you have been using and it isn't comfortable the start with a smaller increase like 1 cm and give it a couple of days then try another cm.
So you won't ever see a leak report of 0.0 because of the vent rate if nothing else.
Large leak territory is somewhere up around 80 L/min with your mask and pressure.
Your snores aren't horrible with these pressures but they could stand a little more improvement though.
Increasing that minimum pressure would help with the snores along with the other events included in the AHI.
I agree with increasing that minimum to around 8 cm would be a good option to try.
If for some reason that's too big of a jump from what you have been using and it isn't comfortable the start with a smaller increase like 1 cm and give it a couple of days then try another cm.
_________________
| Machine: AirCurve™ 10 VAuto BiLevel Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier |
| Additional Comments: Mask Bleep Eclipse https://bleepsleep.com/the-eclipse/ |
I may have to RISE but I refuse to SHINE.
Re: No OSA but prescribed a CPAP machine
I think they're saying that you don't have OSA because your overall AHI is under 5. However, you're snoring loudly and the machine is raising your pressure at times, so I would say that you do need to use the machine.
The doctor who prescribed it seems to have showed very good judgement. (S)he really looked at your results and symptoms and did not automatically dismiss the matter because your AHI was under 5.
The doctor who prescribed it seems to have showed very good judgement. (S)he really looked at your results and symptoms and did not automatically dismiss the matter because your AHI was under 5.
Re: No OSA but prescribed a CPAP machine
I think cpap should help you. For one thing, it may make it quieter for your sleepmates. Also, treated apnea should have an AHI much lower than 5, more like around 1 or better. Once you get used to it, you will sleep better and hopefully have more energy during the day.
Jim
Jim
_________________
| Machine: ResMed AirSense™ 10 AutoSet™ CPAP Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier |
| Mask: AirFit™ P30i Nasal Pillow CPAP Mask with Headgear Starter Pack |
| Additional Comments: Heated Humidifer, Non-Heated tube, Oscar |
Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset, Swift FX nasal pillows mask

