ResMed CPAP S6 Elite for Sale

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
codinqueen

Re: ResMed CPAP S6 Elite for Sale

Post by codinqueen » Fri May 30, 2014 7:10 pm

Abraxas, I don't know if Awake In America would even accept that dinosaur as a donation. It is too old, and probably near the end of it's life. To be sure, is better than nothing for someone with a need for a straight CPAP machine but no money or insurance, but finding such a person could be difficult without watching this message board constantly. We do occasionally get people who post in this message board that they need a machine but have little or no money with which to buy one. Without the clinician's manual, or experience in setting it, it would be difficult to set the pressure unless you know someone who has done it, or remembers how. It is possible some third world county has a need for donations of old machines like that, I guess you could check with some charities like Doctors Without Borders if you willing to donate it to someone with need. Some free clinics might be able to find it a home, but you would have to donate it to them. If it requires a manometer to set the pressure, it could be difficult to find someone who would set it for free. Somebody might want it for a back-up, but probably won't pay anything for it, much less for shipping.

If you find a more recent model at a sale, let us know. There might be a market for a newer model that is easier to set the pressure, since could be used for a back-up. I would buya newer model at a very low price just to have one at my sister's house in another state, so I don't have to drag mine with me on the plane every time I go to visit.

Pressure 6-10 cm

The Latinist

Post by The Latinist » Fri May 30, 2014 7:23 pm

BlackSpinner wrote:I have a TRS80 sitting in the basement....... I could probably charge a lot for that antique.
Ah, but that's iconic. I think my mom still has one somewhere if my sister didn't convince her to throw it out. I think it was the one with 16 kb RAM and no disk drive….

BlackSpinner

Post by BlackSpinner » Fri May 30, 2014 7:39 pm

The Latinist wrote:
BlackSpinner wrote:I have a TRS80 sitting in the basement....... I could probably charge a lot for that antique.
Ah, but that's iconic. I think my mom still has one somewhere if my sister didn't convince her to throw it out. I think it was the one with 16 kb RAM and no disk drive….
Haha "Disc drive"? no it uses tapes. I think we still also have the giant telephone coupler so Dad could dial into the university. For his masters he created a scanner of sorts that read handwritten BASIC and compiled it.

71. The lame can ride on horseback, the one-handed drive cattle. The deaf, fight and be useful. To be blind is better than to be burnt on the pyre. No one gets good from a corpse. The Havamal

The Latinist

Post by The Latinist » Fri May 30, 2014 7:44 pm

BlackSpinner wrote:
The Latinist wrote:
Haha "Disc drive"? no it uses tapes. I think we still also have the giant telephone coupler so Dad could dial into the university. For his masters he created a scanner of sorts that read handwritten BASIC and compiled it.
Yes, the original recorded data analog on a separate cassette. That's the one I think my mother has or had. But there were other TRS-80 models in the early 80s that had as much as 64 KB of RAM, single or dual 5.25" floppy drives, and ran TRS-DOS. My elementary school had several.

Pasta

Post by Pasta » Fri May 30, 2014 7:44 pm

The first computer we got when I was a kid was a Commodore 64. That was a pretty big deal to me back then lol.

Additional Comments: S9 ASV 36037, Z2 Auto for backpacking

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Fri May 30, 2014 7:46 pm

dcheddar wrote:I saw that low hour latest model S1 560 for $160, so I jumped on that deal Wednesday night.
I got a tracking number for it yesterday.
Can't beat getting a spare machine with full data for $160.
You got a heckuva good deal on that machine. Low hours too. If I had been in the market for one I would have snatched that up real quick.
So I guess I will quit mentioning that machine to people.. It's sold. I told another guy about it first of this week but if you snooze you lose.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

dbrooks`

Post by dbrooks` » Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:26 am

I am interested in the cpap S6

Wulfman...

Post by Wulfman... » Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:18 pm

dbrooks` wrote:I am interested in the cpap S6
Sooooooo........
Since you're not registered on the forum, nobody could contact you anyway.

Den

(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

mikeyol@aol.com

Post by mikeyol@aol.com » Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:03 pm

Need a Resmed S6 because mine is starting to go. The motor is making noise. Do you know the pressure setting? If not, i can have it checked and reset to 15.

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:11 pm

mikeyol@aol.com wrote:Need a Resmed S6 because mine is starting to go. The motor is making noise. Do you know the pressure setting? If not, i can have it checked and reset to 15.
This post is 2 years old, deep in the wayback machine dead. They have since made newer and better machines. Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

Woody

Post by Woody » Sat Dec 10, 2016 1:26 pm

But at least it has the easy to read pressure indicator. The S6 lightweight I have doesn't
even have that advanced feature so I would be happy to let it go for $39.95 .... Really I
would be happy to give it away. But the funny thing is it doesn't look all that old,

Additional Comments: SleapyHead software

avi123

Post by avi123 » Sat Dec 10, 2016 1:55 pm

Call 2nd wind CPAP and give it to them to offer it for a needy. Then you could take a income tax deduction for its full value.

Guerrero210

Post by Guerrero210 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:22 pm

Looking for this model. Had mine for 12 years in desperate need of one.