ResMed Air* 10 Accessories

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
xyz

ResMed Air* 10 Accessories

Post by xyz » Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:00 pm

1) Can a hose cover be put on the ClimateLineAir heated hose?

The problem is that without one the hose is so slick that it slides around on the blanket instead of staying where I put it. The machine is on the floor. That means the hose will hang over the edge of the mattress next to my head and pull on the mask.

With my old machine, hose, and hose cover, I could lay the hose on the blanket and it would stay put.

2) The ClimateLineAir hose comes with a built-in elbow. On the Air* 10, the hose connects to the back of the machine. This allows the hose to easily be brought forward, over the machine, towards the bed.

I am also considering getting a non-heated SlimLine hose. It does not come with an elbow. Connected to the back of the machine, it would point in the wrong direction (away from the bed).

I googled for resmed elbow and 99% of the results are elbows for _masks_, the other end of the hose.

I called cpap.com and the sales guy pointed me to a PR elbow. It doesn't look quite right. Description is "tubing elbow adapter" and item number is 1051168.

Here's the problem. I continued searching on the internet and I found _two_ ResMed brand elbows. I'm not sure which is right.
ResMed part # 37310, "air outlet (connects device and tube)"
ResMed part # 37394, "Air10 tubing elbow (in-line elbow to use with non-heated tubing)"

Having those two ResMed part numbers, I went back to the cpap.com website and put them in the search window. 37310 is there, 37394 is not. The latter is on other cpap supplies websites though.

I absolutely want an elbow for the SlimLine hose, so I don't have to turn the machine around (backwards). But I don't have much confidence in the cpap.com salespeople's knowledge now. So I'm not sure what to do.

Pugsy

Re: ResMed Air* 10 Accessories

Post by Pugsy » Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:08 pm

You can use a hose cozy with the ResMed heated hose. No problem. It just helps keep the air at whatever temp you use with less electric usage.

Sorry...don't have the AirSense to advise on the elbow thing. My S9 doesn't have any sort of elbow and I just let the hose come out the back and then route it to wherever. Never has been a problem.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

JimW159

Post by JimW159 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:44 pm

xyz wrote:The machine is on the floor. That means the hose will hang over the edge of the mattress next to my head and pull on the mask.
The ClimateLineAir hose comes with a built-in elbow. On the Air* 10, the hose connects to the back of the machine. This allows the hose to easily be brought forward, over the machine, towards the bed.
I am also considering getting a non-heated SlimLine hose. It does not come with an elbow.
ResMed part # 37394, "Air10 tubing elbow (in-line elbow to use with non-heated tubing)"
The part you are looking for is this: http://www.resmed.com/us/en/commercial- ... utlet.html
I can find it pictured on cpap.com but no reference to it otherwise. If you want a frame of reference to direct a sales person to it in an attempt to trigger a thought, direct them thusly:
1) Have them go to the "AirCurve" page https://www.cpap.com/productpage/resmed ... chine.html
2) Once there, have them click on the "See More Images" button on the left side - you should see the adapter in the 9th and 13th spots.
Speaking to the first point you make: "The machine is on the floor." Get it off the floor unless your floor is always dust free and utterly pristine. If you want easy solutions, see either: https://www.cpap.com/productpage/arden- ... table.html or https://www.cpap.com/productpage/cpap-b ... older.html
Considering the routing of the hose, get a hose hanger; they work and eliminate the problems you alluded to. See for examples:
A) https://www.cpap.com/productpage/arden- ... ystem.html
B) https://www.cpap.com/productpage/HoseBu ... ystem.html
C) https://www.cpap.com/productpage/travel ... ystem.html
D) https://www.cpap.com/productpage/pursle ... ystem.html

chunkyfrog

Post by chunkyfrog » Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:35 pm

+1000, Jim.
I think you covered everything.
An inexpensive alternative to the spendy cpap tables might be a small stool or
an orphan drawer, turned upside down on the floor.

xyz

Post by xyz » Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:46 pm

Thank you for your replies.

I ordered a bunch of stuff from cpap.com, including the generic (PR) elbow ($3).

Ordered the ResMed 37310 air outlet. Turns out this is a replacement part that connects to the inside of the machine, where the air comes out of the blower. The other end goes to the outside of the machine. It's a connector. It's what the hose connects to. I ordered one anyway (only $9 on sale) because experience tells us that it's a good strategy to have spare parts.

They don't carry the ResMed 37394 elbow, which is what I really want for the (non-heated) SlimLine hose I ordered. It's available on multiple other competitors' websites. cpap.com ought to carry it.

Ordered two hose covers, one for the ClimateLineAir that came with the machine, one for the new hose.

Ordered the ResMed 37335 Side Cover for Air10 ($17). Looks like it _replaces_ the humidifier. If you're traveling (e.g., car, plane) and going to use your machine in transit, not using the humidifier makes the machine smaller, lighter, quieter, and eliminates the chance of spilling water. And uses less power if you're using an alternate power source.

Has anyone used this Side Cover? What's your experience?

And I ordered a bunch of other useful things. Price was right with the holiday sale.

A word of caution. cpap.com by default does not ship your entire order if one item is out of stock, which was my case. The exact opposite of Amazon, who automatically splits the shipments. You have to contact cpap.com and tell them that you want the 99% shipped and to ship the 1% later. That's a peculiar default policy.

JimW159

Post by JimW159 » Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:21 pm

xyz wrote: Ordered the ResMed 37335 Side Cover for Air10 ($17). Looks like it _replaces_ the humidifier. If you're traveling (e.g., car, plane) and going to use your machine in transit, not using the humidifier makes the machine smaller, lighter, quieter, and eliminates the chance of spilling water.
1) Has anyone used this Side Cover? What's your experience?
A word of caution. cpap.com by default does not ship your entire order if one item is out of stock, which was my case. The exact opposite of Amazon, who automatically splits the shipments. You have to contact cpap.com and tell them that you want the 99% shipped and to ship the 1% later. That's a peculiar default policy.
1) Regarding the cover. I have no specific experience with the cover. However, virtually the same benefits can be achieved with the tank in place if you simply turn off the humidifier and don't put water in the tank. The footprint remains very small, it uses no additional power, and adds no additional parts to deal with. You can also turn the humidifier back on and add water if during your travels you find humidification desirable.
2) The shipping policy is very understandable to me. Amazon is the definition of huge and decentralized. Consequently, they ship things from all over the place and have the wherewithal to absorb multiple shipments within a single cost center. cpap.com is way at the other end of the corporate spectrum: they are a small family-run business operating from a centralized location in what is largely regarded as a niche market. From my point of view, they just don't have the same luxury of absorbing multiple shipments under a single cost. No matter how much we may want to be accommodated, FedEx, UPS, or the Postal Service just doesn't offer cpap.com the same cost structure Amazon enjoys.

sptrout

Post by sptrout » Sun Nov 27, 2016 6:15 pm

JimW159 wrote:
xyz wrote: Ordered the ResMed 37335 Side Cover for Air10 ($17). Looks like it _replaces_ the humidifier. If you're traveling (e.g., car, plane) and going to use your machine in transit, not using the humidifier makes the machine smaller, lighter, quieter, and eliminates the chance of spilling water.
1) Has anyone used this Side Cover? What's your experience?
1) Regarding the cover. I have no specific experience with the cover. However, virtually the same benefits can be achieved with the tank in place if you simply turn off the humidifier and don't put water in the tank. The footprint remains very small, it uses no additional power, and adds no additional parts to deal with. You can also turn the humidifier back on and add water if during your travels you find humidification desirable.
2) The shipping policy is very understandable to me. Amazon is the definition of huge and decentralized. Consequently, they ship things from all over the place and have the wherewithal to absorb multiple shipments within a single cost center. cpap.com is way at the other end of the corporate spectrum: they are a small family-run business operating from a centralized location in what is largely regarded as a niche market. From my point of view, they just don't have the same luxury of absorbing multiple shipments under a single cost. No matter how much we may want to be accommodated, FedEx, UPS, or the Postal Service just doesn't offer cpap.com the same cost structure Amazon enjoys.
I have the side cover for my APAP and recommend it if you want to reduce the foot print another couple inches. I live in Houston and do not need the humidifier most of the year so I can use the extra space.

Mask Make & Model: ResMed, AirFit P10
CPAP Pressure: 6-9
CPAP Reporting Software: OSCAR/Sleepyhead & SleepHQ

JimW159

Post by JimW159 » Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:07 pm

sptrout wrote: I have the side cover for my APAP and recommend it if you want to reduce the foot print another couple inches. I live in Houston and do not need the humidifier most of the year so I can use the extra space.
Horses for courses - what works for you in Houston may not work quite so well if you travel to the high desert area of California, Salt Lake City, Aspen, Colorado, Coeur d'Alene, ID, etc.
Consequently, just as you pack clothing for the destination, so might you pack a CPAP the same way.