I can't check for Sleepyead updates

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Islandwoman

I can't check for Sleepyead updates

Post by Islandwoman » Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:30 pm

I haven't checked for an update for a long time. Well before I downloaded wWndows 10. I just tried, several times and got the same error message every time. I am using version 0.9.8-1 Open GL.exe. The error message is: Unable to inni SSL contex SleepyHead-OpenGL.exe.
Am I up to date? In the past I would check and it would tell me. It works fine now and I dont want to lose any data. Any ideas out there.

palerider

Re: I can't check for Sleepyead updates

Post by palerider » Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:46 pm

Islandwoman wrote:I haven't checked for an update for a long time. Well before I downloaded wWndows 10. I just tried, several times and got the same error message every time. I am using version 0.9.8-1 Open GL.exe. The error message is: Unable to inni SSL contex SleepyHead-OpenGL.exe.
Am I up to date? In the past I would check and it would tell me. It works fine now and I dont want to lose any data. Any ideas out there.
the update feature doesn't work.

the current version is 1.0beta2

there are some bug fixes that make the flagging of large leaks and placement of event flags more accurate for your machine.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Islandwoman

Post by Islandwoman » Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:52 pm

Will I lose my data files if I delete my current sleepyhead ? That is my concern, I cant seem to find the actual data files in windows 10, just preferences etc.The files looked different in Win 7. Mark had this on the download page.

"You need to uninstall the old
version first if you want to install
from this download."

palerider

Post by palerider » Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:57 pm

Islandwoman wrote:Will I lose my data files if I delete my current sleepyhead ? That is my concern, I cant seem to find the actual data files in windows 10, just preferences etc.The files looked different in Win 7. Mark had this on the download page.

"You need to uninstall the old
version first if you want to install
from this download."
the program is separate from the data files, but it never hurts to find the actual location of the data files and make a backup zip copy.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:35 pm

Check your Documents folder

SleepyHeadData/Profiles/then a folder with your serial number to your machine.
This SleepyHeadData folder within Documents folder is untouched by any uninstall of an old version.
If you want to back a backup copy of the SleepyHeadData folder it wouldn't hurt but with all the versions of SH I have used and removed...the main folder for profiles/data in the Documents folder was never touched.

I am using Windows 10 now...upgraded this Win 7 computer to Win 10 about a year ago.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Islandwoman

Post by Islandwoman » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:19 pm

Pugsy, your directions are great. The problem seems to be that something was lost in updating to windows 10. My working version is Sleepy-Headv0.9.8-1-OpenGL-Testing. What I find in Apps and Features is "SleepyHead version 0.9.3" 39.4 MB. When I try to delete this I get a message saying that it can not be deleted because it doesn't exist. I access the working version from a desktop icon shortcut bur if I search for it by name it can't be found. it must be somewhere but I have not found it. I will back up my data file and look some more for the openGL file.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:50 pm

You didn't hear this from me...
I ignored the "uninstall previous version" instructions. I also didn't try to manually remove the older version(s) and believe me I had many of the older versions on my computer.
I still have a working older version AND the latest version on this laptop.
Now I don't use the older version(s) and I might as well remove them but some of them didn't actually install so you can't really uninstall them...and that may be what you are faced with. If it didn't get installed with the uninstall command then it won't uninstall and has to be brute forced deleted.

So you didn't hear it from me...but I didn't remove anything prior to installing the latest 1.0.xxxBeta version and I haven't had one problem that I know of.

Now I did lose some really old data files because I went in and manually removed some really old SleepyHead App files in my Documents folder...but I didn't need or want that data anyway. I don't need 4 year old data...heck I don't even really need 4 month old data.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Islandwoman

Post by Islandwoman » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:55 pm

Pugsy, I searched under downloads and found a long list of mixed SleepyHead Files mine is there. I am wondering if I should delete all and start from scratch with a new file.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed Nov 09, 2016 1:20 pm

I had I think every one of SH downloads in my download folder. Some of those downloads didn't involve and actual install command but involved us using the application file to launch the program and we made our own shortcuts...nothing actually got "installed' in the programs section where we typically go to uninstall something.
Manually deleting all those various versions of SleepyHead is what I am referring to with the "brute force" method.
Highlight and delete because there is no uninstall command to use in some of those various versions.
If I remember correctly the 0.9.8.xxx was one of those where there was no uninstall command available.

Regardless of what you do with any of the various folders of SH in the download section...the my Documents files/folders pertaining to SH won't be affected. Those are there until you manually remove them.
Even with the versions of SH that had an uninstall command available...those files and folders in the my Documents folder were never affected by any uninstalls or brute force removing.

Finally....you have a Respironics machine....unless you have done something with the SD card for some reason...each and every file that was ever put on that SD card should still be there. I don't think that Respironics ever wrote over or deleted any prior old data files on the SD card.

Unless something has happened by accident to the SD card contents....it shouldn't matter the status of any current SH versions on your computer. It's like this was the first time you ever used SH...you get what is on the card and the card should have everything ever put on it. Respironics machines didn't ever overwrite any files to my knowledge...they just kept creating new P folders as the P folder got full....
They started with P0...then when that got full...it created a P1...then P2...etc.
If you look inside the P Serial number folder and still see the first P0 folder....all your old data is on the SD card anyway...and you are worrying about something that really doesn't matter.

Islandwoman

Post by Islandwoman » Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:38 pm

Thanks, I have been with grandchildren and just got home so will work on this some more.

lanco

Post by lanco » Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:14 pm

The newer version of SH has some problems. Rebuild CPAP Data will fix some of it with repeated use and some of it doesn't get fixed. I have to use the Rebuild CPAP Data pretty much everytime I use SH.

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread ... aring-data