SoClean Check Valve Problem

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
wnorm

SoClean Check Valve Problem

Post by wnorm » Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:01 pm

I have been using SoClean 2 for several years.It really does a good job of disinfecting. However, the last few check valve assemblies start filling with water after about one month of usage. I never had this problem when I first started using the SoClean. Does that mean that the check valves are defective or that my machine has to be trashed for a new one? I contacted the company in September with this complaint. They sent me a new check valve without charge. However, the valve just filled with water last night.My set-up is according to the manual. What gives?

palerider

Re: SoClean Check Valve Problem

Post by palerider » Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:29 pm

wnorm wrote:I have been using SoClean 2 for several years.It really does a good job of disinfecting. However, the last few check valve assemblies start filling with water after about one month of usage. I never had this problem when I first started using the SoClean. Does that mean that the check valves are defective or that my machine has to be trashed for a new one? I contacted the company in September with this complaint. They sent me a new check valve without charge. However, the valve just filled with water last night.My set-up is according to the manual. What gives?
who cares? you bought a scam, you bought into it, call the scammers for help, people here are aware that the soclean is junk.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

yaconsult

Post by yaconsult » Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:01 pm

Sorry, but the SoClean doesn't "disinfect" - it can't. It just pushes ozone through the equipment, the smell of which makes some people think it has been disinfected. If you look, you can find many reports, including one just a few days ago, of the SoClean degrading and ruining the cushions of a cpap mask. Watch this video and decide for yourself whether it's worth sinking more money into: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EC6kFh0p6L4

chunkyfrog

Post by chunkyfrog » Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:05 pm

If your aim is good, it might shatter a crack pipe in the dumpster.
Scratch TWO bad habits.
(((Hopefully both were not yours)))

bill-e

Post by bill-e » Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:40 pm

wnorm wrote:I have been using SoClean 2 for several years.It really does a good job of disinfecting. However, the last few check valve assemblies start filling with water after about one month of usage. I never had this problem when I first started using the SoClean. Does that mean that the check valves are defective or that my machine has to be trashed for a new one? I contacted the company in September with this complaint. They sent me a new check valve without charge. However, the valve just filled with water last night.My set-up is according to the manual. What gives?
If there is no water on the Soclean side of the check valve then the check valve is doing what it is supposed to, prevent the water from entering the Soclean. You must have your Soclean below the level of the humidifier and a siphon is forming. If the Soclean side is dry just blow out the check valve and keep going.